British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Swedish league 2024 round 2 Tuesday 14th May

26 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

The other 2 as well- presumably because of Poland putting the 2 meetings on Wednesday

play-offs delayed 1 week as well.

All three meetings in the final round have been moved 1 week to 15 August. The reason is that the weather forecasts looks bad and that It has rained so much the past week and past month. 

First quarter finals will be held 22 August and Svemo+ESS are looking into possibility of comprimate play off so that the final can be held at the original planned date (weather permitting if course).

Edited by Ghostwalker

15 minutes ago, Ghostwalker said:

All three meetings in the final round have been moved 1 week to 15 August. The reason is that the weather forecasts looks bad and that It has rained so much the past week and past month. 

First quarter finals will be held 22 August and Svemo+ESS are looking into possibility of comprimate play off so that the final can be held at the original planned date (weather permitting if course).

Do not know what ‘comprimate’ means

Apparently ESS have suddenly decided that Timo Lahti is not allowed to use his Swedish licence in Elitserien despite that Rospiggarna have done so for many years.

My opinion is still the same. A rider should be able to seek citizenship and licence in any country with a FIM-associated national federation, but it should only be one licence /season and no switching back and forth.

Tuesday`s matches- surely Smederna v Rospiggarna should be the match of the week( international transmission) NOT lejonen v Vastervik

Smederna

1 lambert

2 lidsey

3 Drabik

4 Lahti

5 Woryna

6 Hellstrom-Bangs

7 Andersson

Rospiggarna

1 Berge

2 Huckenbeck

3 NKI

4 Lindback

5 Nilsson

6 Przyjemski

7 Becker

Lejonen v Vastervik

Lejonen

1 Cierniak

2 Kubera

3 Miskowiak

4 Zmarzlik

5 Hampel

6 Henderson

7 Henriksson

Vastervik

1 Woffinden

2 Smektala

3 Thorssell

4 Chugunov

5 Michelsen

6 Karlsson

7 Bellego

Piraterna v Indianerna

Piraterna

1 Milik

2 Piotr Pawlicki

3 O Fajfer

4 Prem Pawlicki

5 Seifert-Salk

6 Ljung

7 Ejnermark

Indianerna

1 Tungate

2 Fricke

3 Wozniak

4 J Grahn

5 Buczkowski

6 Kowalski

7 Stark

Lejonen v Vastervik is the televised fixture on Viaplay.

6 hours ago, tocha said:

Lejonen v Vastervik is the televised fixture on Viaplay.

I know because i mentioned it at the top of my last post- and it’s a rubbish choice because Smederna v Rospiggarna is the only match that really matters and should be shown.

12 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Tuesday`s matches- surely Smederna v Rospiggarna should be the match of the week( international transmission) NOT lejonen v Vastervik

Piraterna v Indianerna

Piraterna

1 Milik

2 Piotr Pawlicki

3 O Fajfer

4 Prem Pawlicki

5 Seifert-Salk

6 Ljung

7 Ejnermark

Indianerna

1 Tungate

2 Fricke

3 Wozniak

4 J Grahn

5 Buczkowski

6 Kowalski

7 Stark

For Indianerna: R/R for Fricke, Wozniak not riding, Kowalski moves up to nr 3 and Hugo Lundahl comes in as nr 6.

Edited by Ghostwalker

25 minutes ago, Ghostwalker said:

For Indianerna: R/R for Fricke, Wozniak not riding, Kowalski moves up to nr 3 and Hugo Lundahl comes in as nr 6.

Ghostie, with a win without the bonus could Smederna go above the other teams on 11 points (Lejonen and Kumla) if results went their way ?

Edited by racers and royals

15 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Ghostie, with a win without the bonus could Smederna go above the other teams on 11 points (Lejonen and Kumla) if results went their way ?

Indianerna are safe (13 p). Lejonen, Piraterna and Rospiggarna have 11p.

In theory Smederna could pass Lejonen and Piraterna even without claiming bonus. However Piraterna wont loose against Indianerna. Lejonen vs Västervik could end with a Västervik win if they care, but they are already league winners. Then there is also the points quota to take into account. Advantage Lejonen for that.

Therefore Smederna needs to win + aggregated bonus, think Smederna will win but not with enough, lets say 48-42. 

16 minutes ago, Ghostwalker said:

Indianerna are safe (13 p). Lejonen, Piraterna and Rospiggarna have 11p.

In theory Smederna could pass Lejonen and Piraterna even without claiming bonus. However Piraterna wont loose against Indianerna. Lejonen vs Västervik could end with a Västervik win if they care, but they are already league winners. Then there is also the points quota to take into account. Advantage Lejonen for that.

Therefore Smederna needs to win + aggregated bonus, think Smederna will win but not with enough, lets say 48-42. 

Thanks. Personally much rather see Smederna qualify but Rospiggarna have a decent 1-7  for this match.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2023 at 6:51 AM, racers and royals said:

I know because i mentioned it at the top of my last post- and it’s a rubbish choice because Smederna v Rospiggarna is the only match that really matters and should be shown.

I think it is based on weather forecasts. Judging by current forecasts Lejonen - Västervik is the only meeting that seems safe that it will go ahead somewhat on time.

Is it anybody that can take rides for Piotr Pawlicki and Fricke?

Edited by Najjer