British Speedway Forum
PhilTheAce

Belle Vue -V Sheffield POF leg 1 Monday 10th Oct

So that’s both semis finished. 2 big wins for the best 2 teams. 

Both will win the home legs comfortably but who will win by the most. 

Sheffield will start as favourites 

belle Vue have 29 years of hurt

sheffield never won a top flight league. 

There can only be one winner. Hopefully it’s a good final for the neutrals

ticket sales before they even announced are good so could be a sell out Monday. Or close to 

As a complete neutral, I really hope both teams give us a blockbuster final with a last heat decider that gets talked about for years for the right reason. 

19 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

So that’s both semis finished. 2 big wins for the best 2 teams. 

Both will win the home legs comfortably but who will win by the most. 

Sheffield will start as favourites 

belle Vue have 29 years of hurt

sheffield never won a top flight league. 

There can only be one winner. Hopefully it’s a good final for the neutrals

ticket sales before they even announced are good so could be a sell out Monday. Or close to 

Only in your twisted world do Sheffield start favourites. Belle Vue are massive favourites, even Mark Lemon Can't mess this up although he will have a good go I am sure! 

You have massively improved the team throughout the season culminating with the signing of Lambert who on current form, is far better than the unfortunate Max Fricke. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

presumably we are now going to have 4 days of "we're the underdogs", "No! we're the underdogs", :rofl:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, wtf said:

presumably we are now going to have 4 days of "we're the underdogs", "No! we're the underdogs", :rofl:

Coupled with ‘BV cheated by signing Lambert’, ‘No they didn’t, it was in the rules’ 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Only in your twisted world do Sheffield start favourites. Belle Vue are massive favourites, even Mark Lemon Can't mess this up although he will have a good go I am sure! 

You have massively improved the team throughout the season culminating with the signing of Lambert who on current form, is far better than the unfortunate Max Fricke. 

Hang on. They finished top of the league for a reason, they were the best team over the season. They had the bigger aggregate win in semi. They have absolutely destroyed us at Sheffield every match, we can’t ride the track. 
of course they are favourites 

• Like 1

Remember. Lambert not been to Sheffield for years. And it doesn’t matter how good you are, Sheffield is a hard track to master with the speed and narrow straights 

2 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

Remember. Lambert not been to Sheffield for years. And it doesn’t matter how good you are, Sheffield is a hard track to master with the speed and narrow straights 

Hang on Phil, last night Kelv kept telling us how similar both our tracks are, big, fast and lots of racing lines. It looked awful to me. Very bumpy and lots of ruts.

For me Belle Vue start as rank favourites, and the Play Off Finals could be won by heat 10.

The signing of Robert Lambert number 4 in the world gives Belle Vue a massive advantage, they already had a decent side already either with Fricke or Rider Replacement.

Bringing in Lambert who has fallen into Belle Vue's lap is a Masterstroke, is it cheating?

I don't think so.

Will it make for a better more exciting Final?

I don't think so.

To start quoting Lambert's record and the fact that he has not rode Sheffield for a number years is bull crap, he is the World Number 4 for a reason.

Sheffield are new to the top league, and in our 2nd season we have made the Final, on step further than last season so the club is progressing.  

• Like 1

A fair few top riders do struggle at Sheffield but I don't expect Lambert to be one of them, I have seen him ride there and he went well on that occasion.

Will be rooting for the Tigers for sure - sadly can't make the Thursday home leg as itas the wifes birthday :( they have these the wrong way round! So good luck Tigers - we have seen some cracking playoff finals over the years lets hope this is one of them!

2 minutes ago, spin king said:

To start quoting Lambert's record and the fact that he has not rode Sheffield for a number years is bull crap, he is the World Number 4 for a reason.

Sheffield are new to the top league, and in our 2nd season we have made the Final, on step further than last season so the club is progressing.  

He is and when he rode there previously he was nowhere near as good as he is now! Sheffield and the NSS are his kind of tracks - and agree great progress for the Tigers this year here is hoping they have a decent 2023 also that I can get down to a few more i particularly enjoyed the home 46-44 over Wolves in June or May

6 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

A fair few top riders do struggle at Sheffield but I don't expect Lambert to be one of them, I have seen him ride there and he went well on that occasion.

Will be rooting for the Tigers for sure - sadly can't make the Thursday home leg as itas the wifes birthday :( they have these the wrong way round! So good luck Tigers - we have seen some cracking playoff finals over the years lets hope this is one of them!

The wife’s birthday can swivel surely. Who cares about that when it’s a final 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, PhilTheAce said:

The wife’s birthday can swivel surely. Who cares about that when it’s a final 

lets put it this way - had it been the wifes birthday last night id have been plenty annoyed had i traded 'brownie points' to attend that! maybe I will hope for a rain off and restaging