British Speedway Forum

Just now, Skidder1 said:

Nowhere!

Precisely !

15 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Though he wouldn't be top 2 like he was for Oxford. Third HL means 7 ish points is okay. 

If Ben carries on were he left off last season, he could be the 3rd heat leader, and Batchelor a 2nd string 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Though he wouldn't be top 2 like he was for Oxford. Third HL means 7 ish points is okay. 

He is flakey, track slightly damp  he won't bother and if he misses the gate he doesn't bother, don't want a rider like that myself. 

14 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Where has this been announced?

I did not state that it had been announced. Its a forum, and my own personal presumption.

1 minute ago, mikebaker said:

I did not state that it had been announced. Its a forum, and my own personal presumption.

It looked like a statement of fact to me.

• Like 2

Just now, ray c said:

all the names being mentioned looks like a season of changes to me :t:

You could be correct, to win this season with the same team we started with was a breath if fresh air. I would love to see Kyle Newman back he ended the season well and could have a good season at reserve. 

I'm amazed  that Poole fans wouldn't want Newman on that average. Bound to improve by at least a point in my opinion, & tries 100% every time he is on track.

1 hour ago, proud panther said:

I'm amazed  that Poole fans wouldn't want Newman on that average. Bound to improve by at least a point in my opinion, & tries 100% every time he is on track.

If it is Newman, you can imagine the amount of points he would rack up against many/most of the other teams reserves. At home I doubt many would beat him and also away he would do well.

Could well see him swapping the 6 slot with the likes of Zach Cook and the likes of Thomas IF he is one of the signings. Also look at the majority of pairings at reserve for all the other teams on the Championship 2023 team forum page 1 to give you an indication of the riders he would be up against. Could well be a big points puller if with Roynon as the other reserve who will also be racing against plenty of 2 pointers.

This could well be an area we more than compensate for not having an out and out recognised 3rd H/L. IF Ben Cook does improve further into that position then it could be a big bonus in both areas.

6 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

If it is Newman, you can imagine the amount of points he would rack up against many/most of the other teams reserves. At home I doubt many would beat him and also away he would do well.

Could well see him swapping the 6 slot with the likes of Zach Cook and the likes of Thomas IF he is one of the signings. Also look at the majority of pairings at reserve for all the other teams on the Championship 2023 team forum page 1 to give you an indication of the riders he would be up against. Could well be a big points puller if with Roynon as the other reserve who will also be racing against plenty of 2 pointers.

This could well be an area we more than compensate for not having an out and out recognised 3rd H/L. IF Ben Cook does improve further into that position then it could be a big bonus in both areas.

If Newman is at reserve he will do very well against many of the other reserves so far signed. The chances are he would move up and swap with Jack Thomas who could be one of our second strings. He won’t swap with Zach Cook who has shown his ability and is likely to improve considerably further in 2023. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, proud panther said:

Surprised at your comments, I would think most Poole fans would welcome Kyle back with open arms. 

28 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

If Newman is at reserve he will do very well against many of the other reserves so far signed. The chances are he would move up and swap with Jack Thomas who could be one of our second strings. He won’t swap with Zach Cook who has shown his ability and is likely to improve considerably further in 2023. 

Don't disagree.

Point is that If it's Roynon with Newman or Thomas or Zach Cook it gives a decent 6 & 7 throughout the season in comparison to a lot of those named.

Yes I am sure a number of the others will improve but when you view against the others named we should score plenty from those 2 positions.

Also look at Roynon's CMA on thre Speedway Stats site. In 2022 he rode 11 matches at Redcar and had a CMA of 4.29 or 5.43 if you add his 12 BP. If he can replicate that at Poole we will have a decent pair of reserves. Even away his scores were workable and that was before the 40 point rule and lots of weaker reserves in 2023.

Importantly hopefully it keeps us closer in meetings to hopefully set up that all important new aggregate BP over 2 legs in 2023.

I am prob wrong as usual but I'm not convinced Kyle is in the team. First of all when I screen shotted Phantom Pirates's post of the 1-7 (expected 4 plus Kyle, Roynon and Thomas) on twitter, 2 people said it was wrong. So I am assuming the part that is wrong is Kyle. 

I haven't checked if it fits but would be close, could it be Drew, JT and Roynon?? Though at this point in time think I would rather have DT, JT and Roynon.

Also Skidder keeps going on about having Zach start at reserve, so might be slightly different to what we are expecting? 

8 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I am prob wrong as usual but I'm not convinced Kyle is in the team. First of all when I screen shotted Phantom Pirates's post of the 1-7 (expected 4 plus Kyle, Roynon and Thomas) on twitter, 2 people said it was wrong. So I am assuming the part that is wrong is Kyle. 

I haven't checked if it fits but would be close, could it be Drew, JT and Roynon?? Though at this point in time think I would rather have DT, JT and Roynon.

Also Skidder keeps going on about having Zach start at reserve, so might be slightly different to what we are expecting? 

Lisa   skidder may not be right all the time? 

• Like 1