British Speedway Forum

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I am prob wrong as usual but I'm not convinced Kyle is in the team. First of all when I screen shotted Phantom Pirates's post of the 1-7 (expected 4 plus Kyle, Roynon and Thomas) on twitter, 2 people said it was wrong. So I am assuming the part that is wrong is Kyle. 

I haven't checked if it fits but would be close, could it be Drew, JT and Roynon?? Though at this point in time think I would rather have DT, JT and Roynon.

Also Skidder keeps going on about having Zach start at reserve, so might be slightly different to what we are expecting? 

We have 12.97 left. Drew 5..20 /Thomas 4.78 /Roynon 3.47 doesnt fit as its 13.45.

You could factor in  Newman 4.29 Connor Bailey 4.32 .Rowe 5.08 as well as Roynon.

Have been scratching my head on the various combos for a week now as I am sure if Plymouth named their side it may well unlock the key to our last 3.

The Thomas/Newman/Roynon mix seems to tie in with a good few's thinking at this moment but who knows ?? Maybe even a 4 point Aussie we have not factored in or even a 5 point one.

9 minutes ago, SSL84 said:

Lisa   skidder may not be right all the time? 

He does throw a few red herrings but just trying to cover all bases ;)

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I am prob wrong as usual but I'm not convinced Kyle is in the team. First of all when I screen shotted Phantom Pirates's post of the 1-7 (expected 4 plus Kyle, Roynon and Thomas) on twitter, 2 people said it was wrong. So I am assuming the part that is wrong is Kyle. 

I haven't checked if it fits but would be close, could it be Drew, JT and Roynon?? Though at this point in time think I would rather have DT, JT and Roynon.

Also Skidder keeps going on about having Zach start at reserve, so might be slightly different to what we are expecting? 

Don't see how Zach can start at reserve . As quite a few teams seem to be starting with a 2 pointer, Roynon should have a good season as he is better than most of the reserves .

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

We have 12.97 left. Drew 5..20 /Thomas 4.78 /Roynon 3.47 doesnt fit as its 13.45.

You could factor in  Newman 4.29 Connor Bailey 4.32 .Rowe 5.08 as well as Roynon.

Have been scratching my head on the various combos for a week now as I am sure if Plymouth named their side it may well unlock the key to our last 3.

The Thomas/Newman/Roynon mix seems to tie in with a good few's thinking at this moment but who knows ?? Maybe even a 4 point Aussie we have not factored in or even a 5 point one.

Yes, hurry up Plymouth. Name your team! :D

So if we had Drew prob have Nathan at 7 to fit.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I only said Zach at reserve was one of Danny's 3 team options! Maybe his 'dream team' option?;)

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Surprised at your comments, I would think most Poole fans would welcome Kyle back with open arms. 

A few have reservations, but he would be a good signing in my opinion.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Yes, hurry up Plymouth. Name your team! :D

So if we had Drew prob have Nathan at 7 to fit.

Not been convinced on Drew for a long time now. He is likely to score 1/2 as he is to score 6 and hellishly inconsistent.  You have to ask yourself is it him or us considering no team whether it be Prem or Champ has come in for him. Such a shame as 3/4 years ago he was supposed to be one of the next Brit big things. Still time but he needs to get it together on track more.

We cannot carry him, with the new points system and where we don't have a proven 3rd H/L although we HOPE maybe Ben will improve further.

I think also with so many weaker reserves the Ford's are going for strength in  depth with strong reserves (especially looking at those named so far). Better to have someone who will hopefully get you a minimum of 4/5 than Nathan who may start getting 2 and just HOPEFULLY the odd 3 or 4. he may have a year under his belt but it would still be a risk, where Roynon and an even stronger reserve partner gives you a lot more.

8 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I only said Zach at reserve was one of Danny's 3 team options! Maybe his 'dream team' option?;)

I agree Skidder.

I think Zach would have been a great reserve in his original Draem Team idea,  if we had signed for example Rew on 5 and Zischke on 4. Now Zach and Zischke is a pairing I would love to have seen in reserve but not to be it seems.

9 minutes ago, proud panther said:

A few have reservations, but he would be a good signing in my opinion.

Yes and up against these reserves/pairings named so far

Coles/Stoneman both 2.00

Bowtell 4.28/Pearson 4.00 but team beatable outside of Morris

Hook 4/Bickley 2.93      Pearson has 2.20 GSA & Hook 3.18 rolling or 2.78 over 18 meetings. Neither a  4 but being Aussies get a min of 4.00 GSA

Complin 4 / Piper 2.00

Atkins/Killeen both 2.00

Trigger 2.00 plus another

Edwatds 3.8 / Mulford 2.00

Kenedy 4.27/Thompson 3.27

Then calculate the possible points haul our 2 reserves  (Say Roynon 3.47 and Newman 4.29) could harvest against these guys in  each meeting and the benefits to me greatly outweigh signing Ablitt again on a 2.

4 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Not been convinced on Drew for a long time now. He is likely to score 1/2 as he is to score 6 and hellishly inconsistent.  You have to ask yourself is it him or us considering no team whether it be Prem or Champ has come in for him. Such a shame as 3/4 years ago he was supposed to be one of the next Brit big things. Still time but he needs to get it together on track more.

We cannot carry him, with the new points system and where we don't have a proven 3rd H/L although we HOPE maybe Ben will improve further.

I think also with so many weaker reserves the Ford's are going for strength in  depth with strong reserves (especially looking at those named so far). Better to have someone who will hopefully get you a minimum of 4/5 than Nathan who may start getting 2 and just HOPEFULLY the odd 3 or 4. he may have a year under his belt but it would still be a risk, where Roynon and an even stronger reserve partner gives you a lot more.

I don't think Drew will have a team next season but I suspect he will get a place later in the season when injuries happen, he definitely has ability but seems to give up too easily at times. I agree the make up of the team needs to be solid but I did think with one year riding at CL level Ablitt could be retained. 

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

And showing he knows no more than anybody else in the forum 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

Keynan Rew broken spine in two places apparently 

If this is found not to be accurate should be banned.

8 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I don't think Drew will have a team next season but I suspect he will get a place later in the season when injuries happen, he definitely has ability but seems to give up too easily at times. I agree the make up of the team needs to be solid but I did think with one year riding at CL level Ablitt could be retained. 

On sentiment and if it was purely based on leveling up this season I would agree it would have been worth the risk as against some of them 2 pointers he would pick up some points.

But with that new limit and lacking that proven 3rd H/L I think its a wise move to seek more guarantees of points in these reserve berths. Even more important under this new points system  where only 2 for a meeting win irrespective of score so that extra bonus point over a 2 leg aggregate becomes so important. I feel the stronger reserves pushes us into a better position to secure that.

I could be wrong of course and only my opinion.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

I agree Skidder.

I think Zach would have been a great reserve in his original Draem Team idea,  if we had signed for example Rew on 5 and Zischke on 4. Now Zach and Zischke is a pairing I would love to have seen in reserve but not to be it seems.

I have no idea how the Dream Team idea would work, we only have 12.97 for 3 riders, Zach, Rew ans Zische doesn't fit, surely to get Zach at reserve would need a rider on a 3 point average or less so that would probably mean a place for Ablitt.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

If this is found not to be accurate should be banned.

Unfortunately this news is correct but fortunately he has full feelings in his arms and legs

• Like 3