British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, CitizenTyler said:

So what are we looking at now? 

Worrall/ Thomas/ Lawson/ Z Cook/ B Cook/ Roynon/ ???

On 12/7/2022 at 12:17 PM, PhantomPirate said:

1. S. Worrall 8.05

2. J. Thomas 4.78

3. B. Cook 6.09

4. Z. Cook 4.92

5. R. Lawson 7.97

6. K. Newman 4.29

7. A. Roynon 3.47

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PTW said:

And we actually released the riders starting average in the press release please note other promoters in future it’s not hard to do.

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Easy enough to work out. (As long as the GSA is accessible).

No reason not to post their starting ave's though! As what PTW says, well done Poole

27 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Doesn't look a great side that on paper but obviously the last rider could change that! 

really hoping Roynon isn't in the Poole side! Hes a favourite rider of mine  

But on shale even with your anti Poole hat on Worrall and Lawson will deliver and the Cooks will only get better indeed Ben I reckon will overtake Worrall in the averages,Thomas seems an excellent signing going by the opinion On here so that looks a good side so far now I know  nothing about your mate but if he's that good and given we've got one more to sign and I'm sure HGOULD  knows who that is roll on the season.

6 hours ago, Essex said:

Clearly you have an issue with Poole with this soppy comment so to back it up HOW do you know it was known on 23rd of November,

work your way back to page 30....

you might need to borrow a friends hand to count that high....use your 5 fingers and thumb and 6 toes and a mates hand...:o

7 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Doesn't look a great side that on paper but obviously the last rider could change that! 

really hoping Roynon isn't in the Poole side! Hes a favourite rider of mine  

Of the riders left available I am pretty sure he will be in the side. 

Edited by foreverblue

9 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Plus Connor Bailey isn't 4.43. With the British reduction it is 4.32 I believe. 

I thought he was Aussie so not sure he qualified for the 2.5% reduction!

Of course despite the Roynon rumours it could still be 2 x 4  pointers?;)

Edited by Skidder1

16 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I thought he was Aussie so not sure he qualified for the 2.5% reduction!

Of course despite the Roynon rumours it could still be 2 x 4  pointers?;)

Not if one of the 4 pointers is Newman. 

12 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Not if one of the 4 pointers is Newman. 

True. I meant two 4.00 riders like MacDonald and Zischke, especially if Kyle isn't fully fit from his shoulder op?!

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

True. I meant two 4.00 riders like MacDonald and Zischke, especially if Kyle isn't fully fit from his shoulder op?!

I am sure Kyle will be fine, Josh Mcdonald!!! Wouldn't Zischke be a 5.00?

10 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I am sure Kyle will be fine, Josh Mcdonald!!! Wouldn't Zischke be a 5.00?

Think we all know skidder knows the team but he is good at throwing in lots of red hearing's alot? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SSL84 said:

Think we all know skidder knows the team but he is good at throwing in lots of red hearing's alot? 

I think most know the team, just not announced yet as usual. I don't remember us ever announcing the team all in one go and Danny Ford has already said there is no rush. It  will be drip fed to get maximum local media coverage. 

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Of the riders left available I am pretty sure he will be in the side. 

Yeah looks certain he will be! Its a good lower end signing when you compare to other reserves 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Essex said:

But on shale even with your anti Poole hat on Worrall and Lawson will deliver and the Cooks will only get better indeed Ben I reckon will overtake Worrall in the averages,Thomas seems an excellent signing going by the opinion On here so that looks a good side so far now I know  nothing about your mate but if he's that good and given we've got one more to sign and I'm sure HGOULD  knows who that is roll on the season.

Compared to what was touted with Rew and Tate etc it just doesnt look nearly as good and doubt any Poole fans in November would of predicted what is now the likely team… Worrall and Lawson will do fine… Cooks could still go either way.. Ben had a great finish but seen riders have purple patches before and then go back to inconsistent 5-6pointers.. Poole cant afford him to do that this year because if he does i cant see any of the remaining riders stepping up to cover.. Poole will be there or there abouts at the end of the year but the touted team doesnt look the strongest out there so far 

Lets be honest, Newman or Bailey would be excellent signings and make a very strong bottom 3 to add to the top 2 and to cover off any shortfall IF either or both of the Cook brothers had one of those "plateau / flatline" seasons that in terms of average many Aussies and Brits have in that very hard transition from 5. something to over 7 point something!

2 minutes ago, HGould said:

Lets be honest, Newman or Bailey would be excellent signings and make a very strong bottom 3 to add to the top 2 and to cover off any shortfall IF either or both of the Cook brothers had one of those "plateau / flatline" seasons that in terms of average many Aussies and Brits have in that very hard transition from 5. something to over 7 point something!

Newman injured and Bailey pretty rubbish everywhere other than Glasgow…