British Speedway Forum

29 minutes ago, DJC said:

He’d just been announced in Leszno’s u24 squad. 

Wow - Posted in the last half hour.

Must say i am really pleased for the guy but also gutted.

These Poles are 100% on the ball with these youngsters and if I noticed it over the last 2 months of looking at his rides in 4 meetings where he wiped the floor with the likes of Pearson and Hook and gave the likes of Rew a good run for their money then for sure the Poles were all over him. just as with the likes of Brady Kurtz and Lidsey they know a good youngster when they see them.

In the past we never had the POL EXL U24 so these lads had to be loaned out (normally to POL LGE 2 sides) for rides here and there. Now they get to ride mid week for a whole season against all the best POL and other Euro/Aussie/Scand young riders coming through. Just a Rew did last season, Maybe Tate will double up in the Danish Lge 1 (the one below their Prem) just as he did for a month or so last season when on a flying visist.

Also just posted on the other POL Speedway site last few minutes. Excuse below paragraphs in bold as can't get rid of it after copying first one from the POL site.

The discovery of the season in Australia, Tate Zischke became a player of Fogo Unia Leszno. "Byki" informed about the agreement with the 17-year-old, who is growing into one of the greatest hopes of the speedway in Antipodes

COULD still do UK as Pearson/Hook/Z.Cook/Jenkins are also in U24 squads and Zach rode that Lge (normally I think on a Tuesday) as well as Poole Wed, similar with Pearson and Jenkins also ride UK Wed.

Maybe excludes Plym (Tue) as a possible destination ??

Edited by STEVEHOLS54

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Yes Trackprat.

mike dont get mixed up with these two they both should be banned for a month .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ray c said:

mike dont get mixed up with these two they both should be banned for a month .

Evening all, the forum police are here.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, StevePark said:

Is this thread purely a "Let's Have a Go and Call Each Other Names" thread or Poole 2023?

Some people need to grow up.

Indeed, I look at the forum to see people's views on Speedway. Sadly have to look through dozens of posts to find the few actually talking about Poole 2023!

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Indeed, I look at the forum to see people's views on Speedway. Sadly have to look through dozens of posts to find the few actually talking about Poole 2023!

It’s a forum not the Poole website.

16 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Wow - Posted in the last half hour.

Must say i am really pleased for the guy but also gutted.

These Poles are 100% on the ball with these youngsters and if I noticed it over the last 2 months of looking at his rides in 4 meetings where he wiped the floor with the likes of Pearson and Hook and gave the likes of Rew a good run for their money then for sure the Poles were all over him. just as with the likes of Brady Kurtz and Lidsey they know a good youngster when they see them.

In the past we never had the POL EXL U24 so these lads had to be loaned out (normally to POL LGE 2 sides) for rides here and there. Now they get to ride mid week for a whole season against all the best POL and other Euro/Aussie/Scand young riders coming through. Just a Rew did last season, Maybe Tate will double up in the Danish Lge 1 (the one below their Prem) just as he did for a month or so last season when on a flying visist.

Also just posted on the other POL Speedway site last few minutes. Excuse below paragraphs in bold as can't get rid of it after copying first one from the POL site.

The discovery of the season in Australia, Tate Zischke became a player of Fogo Unia Leszno. "Byki" informed about the agreement with the 17-year-old, who is growing into one of the greatest hopes of the speedway in Antipodes

COULD still do UK as Pearson/Hook/Z.Cook/Jenkins are also in U24 squads and Zach rode that Lge (normally I think on a Tuesday) as well as Poole Wed, similar with Pearson and Jenkins also ride UK Wed.

Maybe excludes Plym (Tue) as a possible destination ??

If Tate rode for a month last year in the danish league 1 he would be a 5 point assessed rider 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jonnybegood said:

If Tate rode for a month last year in the danish league 1 he would be a 5 point assessed rider 

Tate only rode a few meetings in Denmark (not classed by FIM as a regular Professional racing) so would be on 4.00 in the Championship - or so I've been told!!!  He's also signed for Brovst  in 2023 presumably as a squad member, so possibly rules him out of Wednesday UK fixtures as well as Tuesdays due to the Polish U24 fixtures ?

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Tate only rode a few meetings in Denmark (not classed by FIM as a regular Professional racing) so would be on 4.00 in the Championship - or so I've been told!!!  He's also signed for Brovst  in 2023 presumably as a squad member, so possibly rules him out of Wednesday UK fixtures as well as Tuesdays due to the Polish U24 fixtures ?

This confirms he would be a 5 then 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phillipsr said:

This confirms he would be a 5 then 

Not to start with cos he hasn't ridden in 2023 yet!!! :rolleyes:

I must admit speaking to someone in the no I believe he would be  a 5 average.

Edited by Mike0310

8 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

I must admit speaking to someone in the no I believe he would be  a 5 average.

Tbh it only matters what it says in the rulebook! If that person has read the rulebook then fair enough. But when discussed a month or so ago, the general conscious was he would be on a 4. 

15 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Tbh it only matters what it says in the rulebook! If that person has read the rulebook then fair enough. But when discussed a month or so ago, the general conscious was he would be on a 4. 

The precedent was set when Somerset signed brady kurts who had only done a few meetings in Denmark thinking he would come in on a 4 only to find out he would be a 5,so a reliable source MAY have informed me. :t:

Regulation 010.2.2 (a) states that a rider new to the Championship who has appeared in Danish, Swedish or Polish League racing in a previous season will enter the Championship on a 5.00 average.

End of.

• Like 1