British Speedway Forum

17 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Think he would be doing extremely well to get out of a reserve berth. Can’t see that happening at all. Newman is more than likely to outscore Adam. If Newman got into the top five, then we would be even stronger at reserve with Zack Cook or Jack Thomas. 

Don't disagree with you on that.

But my point remains whether Roynon stayed in reserve or not. 

If his GSA rises to the 5 or 5.5 level as a result of beating a lot of weak reserves would Danny consider swapping him for a rider who has proven ability at a similar GSA of 5 to 5.5 based on beating stronger reserves last season or even if spent some or most of the time in the main team, or a talented overseas rider (Basso being a prime example) on a 5 having raced in Europe.

Other things to consider is that Roynon has i believe secured the gig of co commentator for BSN in 2023 which assume means he will cover both Prem/Champ meetings all season when not riding. I assume he will be paid for his services. Only mention it as should Poole let him go at some stage, he could well secure a slot elsewhere and have a back up income stream.

Also another thought. What would stop Poole/Newman letting Kyle finish behind Roynon when on a 5-1 or 3-3. Bonus points don't count in GSA's but riders do get paid for the bonus point.

Could it be that knowing the reserve also has the option of getting extra rides, that Kyle position at reserve is protected with a view of later in the season when a rider better than Roynon on a higher than expected GSA was released.

All conjecture of course but suppose it does throw up potentially various scenarios now we have the much weaker/inexperienced reserves in quite a few teams.

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Was it the second leg at Coventry? I went to that and was one of the best comebacks I have seen but I am probably a bit biased with my opinion! :D

Yes Lisa we were there drenched and ready to go home, and then the incredible comeback started, never seen anything like that to this day, means one thing, never right the pirates off 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Don't disagree with you on that.

But my point remains whether Roynon stayed in reserve or not. 

If his GSA rises to the 5 or 5.5 level as a result of beating a lot of weak reserves would Danny consider swapping him for a rider who has proven ability at a similar GSA of 5 to 5.5 based on beating stronger reserves last season or even if spent some or most of the time in the main team, or a talented overseas rider (Basso being a prime example) on a 5 having raced in Europe.

Other things to consider is that Roynon has i believe secured the gig of co commentator for BSN in 2023 which assume means he will cover both Prem/Champ meetings all season when not riding. I assume he will be paid for his services. Only mention it as should Poole let him go at some stage, he could well secure a slot elsewhere and have a back up income stream.

Also another thought. What would stop Poole/Newman letting Kyle finish behind Roynon when on a 5-1 or 3-3. Bonus points don't count in GSA's but riders do get paid for the bonus point.

Could it be that knowing the reserve also has the option of getting extra rides, that Kyle position at reserve is protected with a view of later in the season when a rider better than Roynon on a higher than expected GSA was released.

All conjecture of course but suppose it does throw up potentially various scenarios now we have the much weaker/inexperienced reserves in quite a few teams.

Adam did co-commentary for BSN for some meetings last season - mainly Midlands/Southern ones if memory serves.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Adam did co-commentary for BSN for some meetings last season - mainly Midlands/Southern ones if memory serves.

Personally I hope he does well for Poole and brings lots of experience to the table.

His 2021 CMA was 5.73 or 6.27 in 16 matches for Newcastle so well capable of achieving a decent av at reserve if staying injury free Was also a decent scorer in his 4 only N/L matches last season so has proved he is more than capable of beating most of the young/inexperienced reserves. Hence why I feel he could score well above what his starting GSA is currently.

Ultimately I suppose it will come down to how the team are performing - his actual GSA at the time and if there would be any benefit to the team in changing things.

That's something that won't happen initially anyway BUT if you had the opportunity say to sign mid or last third of the season a rider of say a Rew or Basso potential on say 5 points if Adam's GSA is around that level mainly based on beating weak reserves it would no doubt be tempting.

In the meantime let's hope we get our last 2 named soon as it's intriguing that us Plym & Birm are the only ones left to name reserves to complete their teams. Even if our's are allegedly done and dusted.

43 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Personally I hope he does well for Poole and brings lots of experience to the table.

His 2021 CMA was 5.73 or 6.27 in 16 matches for Newcastle so well capable of achieving a decent av at reserve if staying injury free Was also a decent scorer in his 4 only N/L matches last season so has proved he is more than capable of beating most of the young/inexperienced reserves. Hence why I feel he could score well above what his starting GSA is currently.

Ultimately I suppose it will come down to how the team are performing - his actual GSA at the time and if there would be any benefit to the team in changing things.

That's something that won't happen initially anyway BUT if you had the opportunity say to sign mid or last third of the season a rider of say a Rew or Basso potential on say 5 points if Adam's GSA is around that level mainly based on beating weak reserves it would no doubt be tempting.

In the meantime let's hope we get our last 2 named soon as it's intriguing that us Plym & Birm are the only ones left to name reserves to complete their teams. Even if our's are allegedly done and dusted.

Even more interesting is Plymouth have 4.21 left and Birmingham 4 22. (Or is it the other way round!). They could be after the same rider!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

There’s no real money in that. Travel expenses plus a little bit for time. Not enough to make a living I should imagine. BSN is surely run on a tight budget and can’t squander money on guest commentators. 

3 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

Yes Lisa we were there drenched and ready to go home, and then the incredible comeback started, never seen anything like that to this day, means one thing, never right the pirates off 

I remember some Poole fans did leave after heat 8, and got ridiculed at the dinner dance. What a night that was. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I remember some Poole fans did leave after heat 8, and got ridiculed at the dinner dance. What a night that was. 

If you leave after H8 you are definitely not getting your money's worth. Almost paying double for amount of heats you see. I would stay for all 15 even if 20 down. 

I may need a drink to help though ;):D

And cannot be bad as watching Southampton FC at the moment! :cry:

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

If you leave after H8 you are definitely not getting your money's worth. Almost paying double for amount of heats you see. I would stay for all 15 even if 20 down. 

I may need a drink to help though ;):D

And cannot be bad as watching Southampton FC at the moment! :cry:

So you do support one dreadful team then Lisa .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

They do tend to even each other out! ;):o

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike0310 said:

Just to finish this football talk on a high..

:t:

Right back to speedway..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yep Loram, Ricko, Adam’s, Lindback . Unbelt don’t know what was said before improvement & I remember Loram coming in for a dodgy Lindback injury !!

5 minutes ago, Supersub said:

Yep Loram, Ricko, Adam’s, Lindback . Unbelt don’t know what was said before improvement & I remember Loram coming in for a dodgy Lindback injury !!

If I remember correctly bearing in mind it is quite a while ago. Lindback was rested by the doctor after 2 rides with a hip injury?? (Well I was told it was hip, not sure what the official line was!) But Lindback celebrating on the parade truck by jumping up and down is neither here or there! ;) Also think Garry Stead guested for us at reserve. Swear he was celebrating more than the Poole riders!! 

12 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

If I remember correctly bearing in mind it is quite a while ago. Lindback was rested by the doctor after 2 rides with a hip injury?? (Well I was told it was hip, not sure what the official line was!) But Lindback celebrating on the parade truck by jumping up and down is neither here or there! ;) Also think Garry Stead guested for us at reserve. Swear he was celebrating more than the Poole riders!! 

It definitely helped that Moddlo knew the rulebook inside out, it was a surprise to me at the time that we could bring in Loram s a sub for Lindback .