British Speedway Forum

22 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Glad to see you following...................!!!:rofl:

I follow Speedway, why wouldn't I look at posts on this forum?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

That's good then.

Thank you

43 minutes ago, scottyfan said:

So that’s two years out of two he hasn’t attended press day at Poole, he was supposedly “I’ll” last year too….hmmmm!!

I think last year the ink on his contract had barely dried!! As for today he sent a sick note. As someone else commented apparently he got hold of one from the 'special' Plymouth sick note pad?!:rofl:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

He couldn't attend P&P because of the flu!!  He'll be fine for next week.:t:

Did he not miss it last season because of that??! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I think last year the ink on his contract had barely dried!! As for today he sent a sick note. As someone else commented apparently he got hold of one from the 'special' Plymouth sick note pad?!:rofl:

Didn't they send a guest 

Thought i'd have a look as the seasons approaching, seems it's the same boring people posting the same boring things.

• Like 1

Can any Poole regulars confirm that for 2023 the rider parade has been brought forward to 7.15 with the first race at dead on 7.30?

10 minutes ago, Dickie Head said:

Can any Poole regulars confirm that for 2023 the rider parade has been brought forward to 7.15 with the first race at dead on 7.30?

I do believe that it as but not sure ? But have heard the same.

47 minutes ago, SSL84 said:

I do believe that it as but not sure ? But have heard the same.

Good thing, if it is correct. 

5 hours ago, Dickie Head said:

Nothing mentioned in the P&P interviews nor the local media!!  They covered Transponders and the new 'One minute rule'.

I guess if its true then it'll be mentioned in the details for the first meeting as I imagine it'll affect the times that gates open and pits access is allowed. However the website ticketing details for the first proper meeting on Good Friday states gates open from 6.30pm (racing starts 7.30pm) - but then it has always said that, in order to get people in position for the introductions and parade from 7.30 with first race 7.45pm!

We shall have to wait and see I guess ..........!?

Incidentally considering P&P was only for media, sponsors and season ticket holders there was a heck of a good crowd in attendance. Danny Ford said there had been a 10% increase in season ticket sales!

Edited by Skidder1

5 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Nothing mentioned in the P&P interviews nor the local media!!  They covered Transponders and the new 'One minute rule'.

Must have missed this, but what is the new 'One Minute Rule'?

5 minutes ago, cheggie said:

Must have missed this, but what is the new 'One Minute Rule'?

Basically, if a race had to be restarted when no one is deemed to be at  fault, the riders only have one minute to get back to the tapes to restart the race, not the “normal” two minute allowance 

about bloody time too !!! 

Edited by the hobbit
  • Like 2

i would have the club would have announce change of start time before next weds ?

45 minutes ago, ray c said:

i would have the club would have announce change of start time before next weds ?

I can't see the timings changing for next Wednesday.  Steve Worrall said in interview that he has some pre-meeting stuff arranged before the races start.

As for Good Friday its more likely that the start might be delayed if the usual Bank Holiday crowd numbers attend.

Edited by Skidder1