British Speedway Forum

The Poole Stadium premises licence application is in today's Echo Public Notices pages.

The application for 'Live Music Outdoors' is for upto a maximum of 3 events per year on 'Saturdays only'! (The first of which is Sat 24th June 2023)

- Recorded music outdoors is 11.00 am to either 22.30 or 23.00 Mondays to Sundays.

- Exhibition Films outdoors is daily 11.00am to 02.30 am.

- Representations are open til 1st May 2023.

Maybe one could request to the BCP Licensing Team that none of the above should be considered on Wednesdays for the eight calendar months from March to October inc. in order not to affect the speedway?

OR maybe its best for Pirate fans to leave well alone in case it could lead to an unacceptable rental increase?!

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

The Poole Stadium premises licence application is in today's Echo Public Notices pages.

The application for 'Live Music Outdoors' is for upto a maximum of 3 events per year on 'Saturdays only'! (The first of which is Sat 24th June 2023)

- Recorded music outdoors is 11.00 am to either 22.30 or 23.00 Mondays to Sundays.

Maybe one could request to the BCP Licensing Team that none of the above should be considered on Wednesdays for the eight calendar months from March to October inc. in order not to affect the speedway?

OR maybe its best for Pirate fans to leave well alone in case it could lead to an unacceptable rental increase?!

Maybe best to leave it and 'cross the bridge when we come to it' thinking about it. No point making a massive issue out of nothing. We need someone on the inside to see if Weds are being considered though! ;)

Poole promotion already putting feelers out for next season, can't believe Arlington would be an option, but better than nothing i guess.

32 minutes ago, lewy said:

Poole promotion already putting feelers out for next season, can't believe Arlington would be an option, but better than nothing i guess.

Think you are way off the mark with that track lewy.

17 minutes ago, SSL84 said:

..as with most things!!:rofl:

27 minutes ago, SSL84 said:

I might well be,but definitely putting feelers out,2024 at Wimborne Road must be looking dodgy. 

50 minutes ago, lewy said:

I might well be,but definitely putting feelers out,2024 at Wimborne Road must be looking dodgy. 

Why?

31 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Why?

Even you should be able to work that out. :lol:

2 hours ago, lewy said:

With other plans for the stadium, why is it looking dodgy 

7 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Maybe best to leave it and 'cross the bridge when we come to it' thinking about it. No point making a massive issue out of nothing. We need someone on the inside to see if Weds are being considered though! ;)

Why would Wednesdays being considered?

9 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

29 minutes ago, weatherman said:

Why would Wednesdays being considered?

It is the Mon-Sun bit I highlighted. The chances of them choosing Weds? Prob low, but you just don't know. 

To me this seems fair enough, and I’d say good that they are looking at alternative uses for the stadium, rather than looking at shutting it down. I guess if you were applying for a license you would want it to cover as much as possible so you have the option. Speedway doesn’t run for almost half the year, or even every single Wednesday in the season. So if someone wanted to hire the place out you’d look a bit daft saying, ah yeah you can’t have your event on a Wednesday because we don’t have a license.

Stadiums need to have regular use to make them viable, 15 or 20 speedway fixtures a year is barely 3 weeks of the stadiums year, and I think this is a positive sign of interest in keeping it going in a way that accommodates speedway rather than the other way around. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, IanBrannan said:

To me this seems fair enough, and I’d say good that they are looking at alternative uses for the stadium, rather than looking at shutting it down. I guess if you were applying for a license you would want it to cover as much as possible so you have the option. Speedway doesn’t run for almost half the year, or even every single Wednesday in the season. So if someone wanted to hire the place out you’d look a bit daft saying, ah yeah you can’t have your event on a Wednesday because we don’t have a license.

Stadiums need to have regular use to make them viable, 15 or 20 speedway fixtures a year is barely 3 weeks of the stadiums year, and I think this is a positive sign of interest in keeping it going in a way that accommodates speedway rather than the other way around. 

Well said Ian, the stadium landlords are a business and need to make a profit, which seems to miss a lot of Poole fans.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, IanBrannan said:

No one said anything about shutting the stadium down! But it is no secret that stadia UK/GI don't like speedway being there imo.

But I will go along with this naive thinking for now. 

Edited by lisa-colette