British Speedway Forum

14 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Thort Kemp did ok for Poole last year ...Did they not want him because  of his 5+ave ?????

Did drop off at the end. I think the 5 point average doesn't help especially if they don't think he will improve it. 

Nathan not coming back is a shame though as I would have liked to see how he would have done against the other two pointers. Guess I'll have to take an interest in the NL and look it at that way. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Did drop off at the end. I think the 5 point average doesn't help especially if they don't think he will improve it. 

Nathan not coming back is a shame though as I would have liked to see how he would have done against the other two pointers. Guess I'll have to take an interest in the NL and look it at that way. 

How did Z.Cook do ???.Will he be ok at number  6 at MG ???.

26 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

How did Z.Cook do ???.Will he be ok at number  6 at MG ???.

Zach was good. Had a bit of a blip in June but apart from that..

Might take a month to settle in. So prob get higher scores away from home. But he seems to pick things up relatively quickly so should be fine and he rode for Plymouth, can't get smaller than that! And also has been to Edinburgh. 

21 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Zach was good. Had a bit of a blip in June but apart from that..

Might take a month to settle in. So prob get higher scores away from home. But he seems to pick things up relatively quickly so should be fine and he rode for Plymouth, can't get smaller than that! And also has been to Edinburgh. 

There is No pressure  for him at M.G...Should be number 6 all season  .solid  top 5 ...

14 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

There is No pressure  for him at M.G...Should be number 6 all season  .solid  top 5 ...

Poole look like they will be up the top again...Reserves win matches ...Especially  with so many having 2 pointers at 6 and 7 ...Good  luck to them..

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Poole look like they will be up the top again...Reserves win matches ...Especially  with so many having 2 pointers at 6 and 7 ...Good  luck to them..

There's not actually that many clubs with 2.00 riders. 2 clubs have 2 x 2.00 riders, 3 clubs have one 2.00 rider, while 4 clubs have no 2.00 riders.

Everyone knows what Roynon and Newman are capable of, but always a big question of actually doing it, I thought Kyle was going to be Hammers 4th heat leader in 2018 but it just didn’t work out for him.

Poole have once again nailed the art of building a side on paper, a great top two with strength then down the order, that in turn might see Thomas or one of the Cook brothers drop to reserve at some point.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, marko said:

Everyone knows what Roynon and Newman are capable of, but always a big question of actually doing it, I thought Kyle was going to be Hammers 4th heat leader in 2018 but it just didn’t work out for him.

Poole have once again nailed the art of building a side on paper, a great top two with strength then down the order, that in turn might see Thomas or one of the Cook brothers drop to reserve at some point.

I've got a feeling Newman is going to have a good season back at Poole, had a good time last time he was there, never let us down 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

I've got a feeling Newman is going to have a good season back at Poole, had a good time last time he was there, never let us down 

Good at reserve...Poole know how to put a team together....There or there abouts every year ...

On 1/22/2023 at 1:11 AM, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Genuinely gutted for the guy.

Means he will miss at least 11/12 of the 18 regular league meetings in the POL Exl U24 league season plus what he misses in that DK Lge 1 (the league below Danish Prem).

I wonder if the Ford's may open discussions with him bearing in mind we don't even start our Champ meetings until 24th May and will only have ridden 2 Lge meetings before the 3rd on 12th July. 

Having said that he will need to get meetings and confidence back after what happened. Showed incredible talent in those 4 meetings I saw videos of him racing in the NSW U21 which he won followed by his runner up slot in the Aussie U21 - a decent individual meeting, and then  culminating in 3rd place in the one off Aussie Champ meeting of 2022 where he got injured in that freak accident when he clipped Sedgeman's bike after the finish line in the final.

Still wouldn't dampen my opinion of him though as talent is ultimately talent.

Can't race but MAYBE can still keep his fitness and ride/practice  just to keep his confidence on a bike.

He will be keeping fit & doing everything possible to be ready when the time comes, spoke to him at the DW invitational, he’s not happy but understands how things work. 

10 hours ago, Duane said:

He will be keeping fit & doing everything possible to be ready when the time comes, spoke to him at the DW invitational, he’s not happy but understands how things work. 

Can imagine he isn't.

After all the promise showed, this was going to be a big breakthrough season for him.

But we have to remember he is only turning 18 on 30th  July and even a part season will be good. If he gets snapped up to also do some UK racing when POl tails off (22nd Aug for the last of the regualr season  U24 POL EXL matches), he could still get good experience this coming season. He would not have much racing to do POL/DK in those last months of our UK season.

As said many times would love to see him at Poole but we will see.

• Like 1

So Antonio Lindback named as the first rider for Poole v Belle Vue for Stevie Worrall's testimonial on 29th March to kick off the Wimborne Road 2023 season.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So Antonio Lindback named as the first rider for Poole v Belle Vue for Stevie Worrall's testimonial on 29th March to kick off the Wimborne Road 2023 season.

Which side is he on as has ridden for both!!

Also I see ST are available soon. 

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Fair play whoever got Antonio booked. 

One of the few riders of this millennium with the x factor that guarantees bums on seats. 

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Which side is he on as has ridden for both!!

Also I see ST are available soon. 

Riding for Poole according to Steve Worrall's team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1