British Speedway Forum

10 hours ago, Marksman said:

Looks like whoever set up the new Scorpions Instagram account has already revealed the 7 riders by following them all…

EE8FA306-F220-4E46-A443-D2EB1B9D159E.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Joe Thompson confirmed

Screenshot not completely correct then! ;)

Happy for Joe T. He needs to get his confidence back and scunny is a decent race track . He will learn there. 

14 hours ago, Marksman said:

Looks like whoever set up the new Scorpions Instagram account has already revealed the 7 riders by following them all…

EE8FA306-F220-4E46-A443-D2EB1B9D159E.jpeg

I would be happy with this 7 but it is obviously a "red herring" as Joe Thompson is our first rider.

29 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

I would be happy with this 7 but it is obviously a "red herring" as Joe Thompson is our first rider.

This side that was followed on the new Instagram is just over 40 points and if you swap Thompson for Roynon it’s just under 40 points so there’s every chance the other 6 are 2023 Scorpions 

Edited by Ryan555

On 11/8/2022 at 7:42 AM, Ryan555 said:

If he gets going at the EWR I see no reason why he can’t put at least a point on the 3.00 average he’s currently on 

Not sure I'd agree with that. Joe's average at Leicester was 5.62 (6.64), while away from home he was 1.94 (2.71). So scoring well at Scunny isn't what's needed to up his average imo.

Also depends if he rides at 6 or 7, Scunny always put their strongest reserve at 7, Joe at 6 may only meet a reserve in one or two races, so even if the league has weaker number 6s he wouldn't meet them often!

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Not sure I'd agree with that. Joe's average at Leicester was 5.62 (6.64), while away from home he was 1.94 (2.71). So scoring well at Scunny isn't what's needed to up his average imo.

Also depends if he rides at 6 or 7, Scunny always put their strongest reserve at 7, Joe at 6 may only meet a reserve in one or two races, so even if the league has weaker number 6s he wouldn't meet them often!

A change of track will help him improve for sure and think the brothers will spanner for each other durning the season along with their father so plenty help around them 

• Like 3

On 11/7/2022 at 10:38 PM, The Dog said:

Think you'll be disappointed then as I believe one of twins will be at the EWR 

I had Joe T down in my permutations so pleased with his signing. He did have some good shows round Leicester last season. He knows the way round Scunny , so a 3.00 average leaves room to up it in 2023. 

I have heard that a former Scunny rider could be back. MPT would be a steal on 6.76 at this level. While Jake is also very handy on 6.30. 

Ryans is a must to "the business" of Scunthorpe Speedway. Hes an outstanding No1 and close to being the leagues top man. 

I will not be alone in hoping to see Zaine Kennedy back again. He was just showing good form, then the "big off". Great to watch round Scunny and on 4.27 room for more. 

I would be tempted to go for Conor Mountain with Leicester going Prem. 4.84 is value and hes another that goes well at the EWR. A developing talent. 

So 

Ryan 9.38, Jake 6.30, MPT 6.76, Zaine 4.27, Conor M 4.84, Joe T 3.00 = 34.55. 

That would leave 7.45 if we are working to a 42 limit ? Thats a decent number to bring in a "biggish hitter" at this level to back Ryan. 

I do think we have to bring in a rider who can be a big scorer particularly away to support Ryan. Kyle Howarth would be perfect for me but on 8.88 would tip us over a 42 limit. 

Lets see. 

If it's a 40 limit

Scunthorpe  
Ryan Douglas 9.38
Michael P Toft 6.76
Jake Allen 6.30
Simon Lambert 5.20
Anders Rowe 5.08
Zaine Kennedy 4.27
Joe Thompson 3.00
Total 39.99

8 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

If it's a 40 limit

Scunthorpe  
Ryan Douglas 9.38
Michael P Toft 6.76
Jake Allen 6.30
Simon Lambert 5.20
Anders Rowe 5.08
Zaine Kennedy 4.27
Joe Thompson 3.00
Total 39.99

Thats as near as you get to 40pts. Relies on Tofty really upping it to back Ryan. Hes very able to do that. I might take Conor Mountain over Anders Rowe. Thing I notice is that AR can start the season well then dip a bit or even end up released by his club ? Suppose now is the time for him to push on similar to Mountain. Lambos a popular rider committed and Scunny through and through. On his EWR prowess yes, but on his away scores maybe not ? I think neither of us are a million miles off points limit depending. 

Anders Rowe has signed for a Polish team can't remember who

2 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Anders Rowe has signed for a Polish team can't remember who

Rzeszow

• Like 1

At the last after race meeting in the club house, Anders Rowe when asked if he was coming back next year gave a very negative answer.  Can't see him in Scorpion colours in 2023.