British Speedway Forum

Lambert proves year on year he's not good enough that's why he is still in the number 2 position having his hand held by the number 1. Someone of his experience should at least be at 3 or 4. Connor should should have started the season at 2 at least if he's moving to reserve now it might help him confidence wise as he looks low on it.

Very harsh on Thompson though.

Don't think it'll be Drew Kemp but another out of work Brit that has rode for Scunthorpe in some capacity before that has been signed

Edited by Fozzie4388

7 hours ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Lambert proves year on year he's not good enough that's why he is still in the number 2 position having his hand held by the number 1. Someone of his experience should at least be at 3 or 4. Connor should should have started the season at 2 at least if he's moving to reserve now it might help him confidence wise as he looks low on it.

Very harsh on Thompson though.

Don't think it'll be Drew Kemp but another out of work Brit that has rode for Scunthorpe in some capacity before that has been signed

What do you mean Lambert proves year on year he's not good enough? He's a 5 point rider, so rides as second string, has he proved he's not good enough to be a heat leader of course - but that's not what he's been signed for!

I assume Scunthorpe & Lambert both feel the number 2 spot suits him, as he's been there for years. Some fans will argue number 2 is harder than number 4 because you start off against 2 number ones.

Pre-season Scunthorpe talked up having 4 riders who could be number one (rediculous I know, no-one would get near Douglas) so they obviously felt Mountain is good enough to put points on his average at number 3?

Any team news for tomorrow as I can’t find out the guest so assuming a couple of new signings ???

53 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

What do you mean Lambert proves year on year he's not good enough? He's a 5 point rider, so rides as second string, has he proved he's not good enough to be a heat leader of course - but that's not what he's been signed for!

I assume Scunthorpe & Lambert both feel the number 2 spot suits him, as he's been there for years. Some fans will argue number 2 is harder than number 4 because you start off against 2 number ones.

Pre-season Scunthorpe talked up having 4 riders who could be number one (rediculous I know, no-one would get near Douglas) so they obviously felt Mountain is good enough to put points on his average at number 3?

Do you actually do anything other then sit on speedway forums all day criticising people for different opinions to you? Every single thread you post on here you post with crap (not just this site either)

45 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

Any team news for tomorrow as I can’t find out the guest so assuming a couple of new signings ???

Don't be surprised if a old Scunthorpe rider (From when they had a 3rd tier side a few years ago) in the line-up. His first name is What Ryan scored at Birmingham last night and his second name rhymes with Beg, Keg and Meg

• Sad 1

58 minutes ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Do you actually do anything other then sit on speedway forums all day criticising people for different opinions to you? Every single thread you post on here you post with crap (not just this site either)

You gave your opinion, so why can't I give mine?

So am I not allowed to disagree with people? Is that not what a forum is for, to give your thoughts?

If I disagree with a point someone has made, so what if I offer an alternative view to them, they don't have to agree with me, but I am allowed to share my view!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

This morning, I read bits of the SS regarding Scunthorpe & I am gutted & disappointed mentioning 2 changes. Then coming on here, 2 pages of differing views.

My reasoning is this.

The team is doing their job scoring 40+ in all meetings. The heat leaders have done their job bar Allen at Redcar & Toft at Plymouth which were our 2 defeats.

2nd strings Lambert & Mountain are doing their jobs. Lambert, riding with Dougie in 3 races is scoring his 5-6 & doing a captains job. Mountain, also, scoring similar, on the pace & just needs that bit of luck.

J Thompson IS doing what is required beating his opposite no7 in heats 2 & 4

SO, this means only ONE place is up for grabs & I feel sorry if it is Thompson to go scoring well this week but too late.

WE ARE scoring the points 1-5 & at no7 so it SHOULD be only the ONE change in my eyes. Making 2 could be a backward step.

Dan T will not come if we release Joe. Bringing in Kemp, Kinsley/Alcock/Atkins, would they change the points that the guest/Joe T have been scoring? Probably not.

As I said earlier, we are scoring points in the required positions so we should not de-rail this. Options I looked at a few weeks ago was a 4 point European as it is too late for an Aussie. F Gusts & 1 mentioned in an earlier post, L Fienhage  were 2 I picked, riding together in the French league.

Rob, Gail & Dave, I know it has been hard but do the right thing & only make the ONE change. Even a 3.5 man will do the job required.

7 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

This morning, I read bits of the SS regarding Scunthorpe & I am gutted & disappointed mentioning 2 changes. Then coming on here, 2 pages of differing views.

My reasoning is this.

The team is doing their job scoring 40+ in all meetings. The heat leaders have done their job bar Allen at Redcar & Toft at Plymouth which were our 2 defeats.

2nd strings Lambert & Mountain are doing their jobs. Lambert, riding with Dougie in 3 races is scoring his 5-6 & doing a captains job. Mountain, also, scoring similar, on the pace & just needs that bit of luck.

SO, this means only ONE place is up for grabs & I feel sorry if it is Thompson to go scoring well this week but too late.

WE ARE scoring the points 1-5 & at no7 so it SHOULD be only the ONE change in my eyes. Making 2 could be a backward step.

Dan T will not come if we release Joe. Bringing in Kemp, Kinsley/Alcock/Atkins, would they change the points that the guest/Joe T have been scoring? Probably not.

As I said earlier, we are scoring points in the required positions so we should not de-rail this. Options I looked at a few weeks ago was a 4 point European as it is too late for an Aussie. F Gusts & 1 mentioned in an earlier post, L Fienhage  were 2 I picked, riding together in the French league.

Rob, Gail & Dave, I know it has been hard but do the right thing & only make the ONE change. Even a 3.5 man will do the job required.

Gusts, Fienhage and any other european would be a 5 unless they’ve yet to ride in a competitive league.

6 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Gusts, Fienhage and any other european would be a 5 unless they’ve yet to ride in a competitive league.

I wasn't sure if French riders were a 4 or 5 with it being a lower league similar to Czech.

From my previous post, I have looked at NDL riders & possibly J Smith.

32 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

My reasoning is this.

It's really tough to know what to do. I don't think Joe has done anything wrong, he's done his job beating opposition reserves & would be very unlucky to lose his team spot (maybe he can replace either Birmingham reserves).

Clegg & a 2.00 rider to me looks weaker than Joe T & 75% of Kennedy's ave. But are they allowed to continue with guests or do they need to sign someone?

The next question would be is Clegg & a 2.00 rider stronger than Joe & a 3.00 rider say Jack Smith?

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

It's really tough to know what to do. I don't think Joe has done anything wrong, he's done his job beating opposition reserves & would be very unlucky to lose his team spot (maybe he can replace either Birmingham reserves).

Clegg & a 2.00 rider to me looks weaker than Joe T & 75% of Kennedy's ave. But are they allowed to continue with guests or do they need to sign someone?

The next question would be is Clegg & a 2.00 rider stronger than Joe & a 3.00 rider say Jack Smith?

I  think that Godfrey has been left no real option we can’t keep getting guests and we may not even be allowed to now so while it’s unfortunate on Joe it’s inevitable I’m sure Joe will get fixed up somewhere pretty soon

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Clegg & a 2.00 rider to me looks weaker than Joe T & 75% of Kennedy's ave. But are they allowed to continue with guests or do they need to sign someone? My point exactly & no.

The next question would be is Clegg & a 2.00 rider stronger than Joe & a 3.00 rider say Jack Smith? No

Unfortunately, I think that the changes have been made & waiting to be ratified. Joes showing's on 2 different types of track shows he was making steps in the right direction.

Riding with a rejuvenated MPT this year, especially at home, How many points would Kennedy have got? Guests & Joe have scored 6+ points in every meeting so will the changes do the same? Time will tell.

I think it is a knee jerk reaction wanting to get a no6 who can score points but at the detriment of losing Joe who, as I have said, scored the points necessary, was finding his feet & adapting to the higher league. Maybe Rob & co wanted more from him at the EWR but again, as I have said, he did his job. Even Dan T, who I think is the better brother, struggled away from Leicester but that is how they have got their averages & Joe would be learning more from his experience being with the Ipswich guys.

1 hour ago, Ryan555 said:

I  think that Godfrey has been left no real option we can’t keep getting guests and we may not even be allowed to now so while it’s unfortunate on Joe it’s inevitable I’m sure Joe will get fixed up somewhere pretty soon

Yes we can up to 75% of Zaine's average which would be 3.20 or sign a J Smith, N Ablitt, J Alcock rider. They could still ride at 6 possibly picking up the points from heat 2 against several 2 point riders, possible RS in heat 8 & pick up points in heat 14. The reserves(guests & Joe) have picked up between 7 & 10 in all their meetings so far. could the 2 newbies do the same or 75% guest + Joe. The latter 2 is my bet.

Joe, if released will go to Birmingham, nearer to home.

As expected, it's Max Clegg and Nathan Ablitt coming in, Joe Thompson out.    That's official.

2 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Yes we can up to 75% of Zaine's average which would be 3.20 or sign a J Smith, N Ablitt, J Alcock rider. They could still ride at 6 possibly picking up the points from heat 2 against several 2 point riders, possible RS in heat 8 & pick up points in heat 14. The reserves(guests & Joe) have picked up between 7 & 10 in all their meetings so far. could the 2 newbies do the same or 75% guest + Joe. The latter 2 is my bet.

Joe, if released will go to Birmingham, nearer to home.

Personally I think a Joe T and the guest up to Zaines full average has been strong so far but would they achieve the same now it’s 75 percent of Zaines average also there isn’t really any riders at that average so it would most likely be 2 pointers