British Speedway Forum

Did Kasper Andersen that rode for Redcar last year retire? Or is he still on the go abroad? Seem to remember he had his good moments at Scunny and his average at end of 2022 was 4.10

2 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

No & we have a good guest lined up. ;) ................... (you lot know A LOT about using guests.B))

'23 Tosh :t: 

Why are you being like that I asked a genuine question, no need.

3 hours ago, secsy1 said:

I do not know where the 5.23 average comes from, I can only assume it is used to isolate riders who are British so some unknown foreigner can come in and cost a fortune and be useless as well. 

Clegg's average shot up when Newcastle's fixtures were removed, same thing happened to Matthew Wethers, making them both virtually unemployable!

2 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

Why are you being like that I asked a genuine question, no need.

There is a saying with words "kettle, black, pot" in it so your reply is really good coming from you & what you have said in the past.

3 hours ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Did Kasper Andersen that rode for Redcar last year retire? Or is he still on the go abroad? Seem to remember he had his good moments at Scunny and his average at end of 2022 was 4.10

Think he's taking a year out and staying over in Denmark 

I would absolutely love it if the Scorpians could find a route back for Josh Auty he's still a relatively young man and yet he's out of the game

• Like 1

Can Scunny still use a guest for Zaine on Friday or is 28days up. Do we have an extension, or is a signing imminent?

Friday is actually the 28th day from the Good Friday meting which started at 5pm so whether this goes against us, I am not sure.

I have read elsewhere, though, that a guest could be found but only up to 75% of Zaine's which will be 3.20.

edit. OOPS! ... Miss counted as it is the 29th day so new signing, NDL rider or as above.

Edited by IronScorpion

I think there will be a new rider announced tomorrow ready for the Speedway star and Fridays home fixture

Edited by Tosh1218
Mis spelling
  • Thanks 1

On 5/1/2023 at 10:35 PM, Berry9 said:

I would absolutely love it if the Scorpions could find a route back for Josh Auty he's still a relatively young man and yet he's out of the game

You can't blame Speedway teams for not using Auty. In his last 2 (injury hit) seasons he averaged 5.47 in 2021 & 3.76 in 2022. Yet he'd be coming in on an 6.59 average. 

Could only come into the current Scunthorpe side in place of on of their top 2!

Edited by szkocjasid

2 hours ago, eric i said:

Can Scunny still use a guest for Zaine on Friday or is 28days up. Do we have an extension, or is a signing imminent?

I'm fully expecting them to get an extension, but let's see!

• Haha 1

I might be passing through the Scunthorpe area on May 19th. The Scunny website shows the 19th  as reserved for the BSN semi final. Is there any update on this? 

3 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I'm fully expecting them to get an extension, but let's see!

Can't wait for the uproar when they don't 

• Like 1

Still anyone daft enough to suggest Scunthorpe replace Thompson with Ryan Kinsley?

The kid is only going to improve and it's showing already 

• Like 1