British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, Jaizer said:

No concessions been in place at Glasgow for quite a few years now. While disappointing think the logic was that a large percentage of regulars fall into the over 65 category and have, in most cases, more disposable income than a lot of under 65s. I know my old man has far more than me!!

Honestly can see the argument from both sides but you'd think could take a couple quid off for pensioners at least

I can also see the arguments from both sides if when you've been employed and been able to save for a private pension well and good,if you've been on the minimum wage zero hours contracts that's a different scenario everyones situation is different just speaking my personal view.Sidenote your old man must be wealthy or you've got a crap job lol.

1 hour ago, secsy1 said:

Of course, many have disposable income, many do not.

They have at least worked for that money and keep adult children into their thirties who will not work.

But I will not pay £20 for second rate entertainment from money grabbing riders who already and are playing the system and clubs.

If you don't want to pay £20 for 2nd rate entertainment that's fine, we all are only ever going to pay for what we value. And we all value things differently. But please stop blaming riders and calling them money grabbing when idiot promoters are paying them what they cannot afford. That's like blaming Mcdonalds for making you fat! Are you seriously suggesting they should give back what they are being offered and say No that's too much! pay me less :rolleyes:

• Like 2

16 hours ago, DSC67 said:

There's going to be a lot of tough choices for people , Speedway is getting to be expensive and money is tight at the moment. I've had a season ticket for a few seasons now but I'm unsure weather I'm going to renew this coming year . 

Everything is getting expensive these last few months for the general public not just in food, energy, petrol/diesel but isn't the speedway fraternity just the same. The promoters have their costs, the riders have their costs, the speedway suppliers have their costs so it is a never ending circle. The hard core punters will find a way & budget accordingly, just as in watching other sports but viewing from the stands, in stadiums, in velodromes, in theatres I would think, is declining all over. Just watching the early rounds of the snooker on tv the other week tells me that a lot of sports are struggling & even not paying out for that "magic 147" (of which Judd Trump has done 2 in 3 weeks).

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Gringo said:

I wonder if George & Dick are reading this.

Must be hibernating.

5 hours ago, secsy1 said:

Of course, many have disposable income, many do not.

They have at least worked for that money and keep adult children into their thirties who will not work.

But I will not pay £20 for second rate entertainment from money grabbing riders who already and are playing the system and clubs.

One of many I fear .I fear for Berwick as many of the fans attend from out lying regions and further and will have to factor in travel costs,which could sway regular attendance.The Bullets might suffer the most out of this price hike.IMO

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

One of many I fear .I fear for Berwick as many of the fans attend from out lying regions and further and will have to factor in travel costs,which could sway regular attendance.The Bullets might suffer the most out of this price hike.IMO

The decision on admission prices for next season makes no business or economic sense at all. In the long run Berwick as a club may pay a heavy price.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, StevePark said:

See previous post regards the "£20".

I presume the NDL matches are going to be all Double Headers with CL matches, as you can't buy a Season Ticket for them separately? Maybe @crescent girl can inform?

I was looking for a season ticket to Bandits only too, but I doubt it’s going to be double header with so few fixtures in the calendar, bar possibly when Leicester and Oxford come. They’ve got Bullets prices, and didn’t advertise double header prices.

The rise in admission is a joke and I will now be thinking twice each Saturday before going, which I’ve never done before. Normally you’re deciding between something on the TV, or who the opposition are, now I’ll be bringing personal finances into it too as £3 more, to watch a worse team, is excessive.

Adding to that, Bullets were £10 this season on the gate, and are now £14! £4 extra for NL is ridiculous. 

Concession’s prices, whilst don’t affect me, worry me, as there will be plenty who can’t justify that price hike.

And for people saying just book online, you used to get £1 booking fee last season, see no reason why it won’t still be £1. So you’re only saving £1 not £2 by booking online.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bandit59 said:

Must be hibernating.

Both be hastily writing a column for the Dirt Extra calling out the ‘Forum Fannies’ for questioning the admission prices I would imagine. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

11 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

I was looking for a season ticket to Bandits only too, but I doubt it’s going to be double header with so few fixtures in the calendar, bar possibly when Leicester and Oxford come. They’ve got Bullets prices, and didn’t advertise double header prices.

The rise in admission is a joke and I will now be thinking twice each Saturday before going, which I’ve never done before. Normally you’re deciding between something on the TV, or who the opposition are, now I’ll be bringing personal finances into it too as £3 more, to watch a worse team, is excessive.

Adding to that, Bullets were £10 this season on the gate, and are now £14! £4 extra for NL is ridiculous. 

Concession’s prices, whilst don’t affect me, worry me, as there will be plenty who can’t justify that price hike.

And for people saying just book online, you used to get £1 booking fee last season, see no reason why it won’t still be £1. So you’re only saving £1 not £2 by booking online.

I object to paying more at the gate on the day of the fixture.It’s the Clubs decision though.

• Like 1

Part of the problem is that if you are working on a Saturday and finish late you haven't time to faff around organising on line tickets before setting off to travel.Also might  have other commitments leading to last minute decision to go and in both cases you are penalised through no fault of your own. Maybe not a problem for the likes of Mr Barrie whose whole existence revolves around speedway but the powers that be should maybe accept not everyone is like that.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, wtf said:

If you don't want to pay £20 for 2nd rate entertainment that's fine, we all are only ever going to pay for what we value. And we all value things differently. But please stop blaming riders and calling them money grabbing when idiot promoters are paying them what they cannot afford. That's like blaming Mcdonalds for making you fat! Are you seriously suggesting they should give back what they are being offered and say No that's too much! pay me less :rolleyes:

We should also remember riders aren't riding for money but for our entertainment  

• Haha 9

Just now, phillipsr said:

We should also remember riders aren't riding for money but for our entertainment  

Are you serious ?.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

Must be hibernating.

Give them a chance there are counting the season ticket applications.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, screm said:

Are you serious ?.

He's being ironic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Give them a chance there are counting the season ticket applications.

Think that'll take all of 5 minutes 

• Like 2