British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, alang said:

Was done even before the first meeting

In hindsight you and a lot of fans were correct.I actually gave the Team benefit of the doubt.(wrongly unfortunately).Think Rory is the only one who done what was expected.IMO.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Heedthebaw said:

For two home meetings left who going to come ?

Are you talking riders or spectators?

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

In hindsight you and a lot of fans were correct.I actually gave the Team benefit of the doubt.(wrongly unfortunately).Think Rory is the only one who done what was expected.IMO.

In their defence I suppose it's all too easy being critical and writing rubbish on here without knowing anything of the difficulties involved in signing riders and putting teams together but they do seem to have made a right balls-up of it all this year. Maybe too much effort gone into Oxford? Just a wee suggestion .

• Like 3

1 hour ago, alang said:

In their defence I suppose it's all too easy being critical and writing rubbish on here without knowing anything of the difficulties involved in signing riders and putting teams together but they do seem to have made a right balls-up of it all this year. Maybe too much effort gone into Oxford? Just a wee suggestion .

Which is why, in my opinion, you shouldn't be allowed to have owners/Promoters involved at two (or more!) separate teams who race in the same league.

• Like 2

They say they build Teams too a budget to protect the future of Speedway at Berwick.It’s a fine line and it has too be entertaining to keep the crowd levels.There have been a couple of decent matches this season IMO,but results have been poor.The fixture list has been a shambles.Even now we have we Glasgow turning up without Harris a big attraction especially at Berwick when it been known all season he was in World Longtrack.with all these blank Saturdays throughout the season.It turning fans off the sport.

Fans can accept guests for injuries,but they turn up every week for all sorts of reason nowadays.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

They say they build Teams too a budget to protect the future of Speedway at Berwick.It’s a fine line and it has too be entertaining to keep the crowd levels.There have been a couple of decent matches this season IMO,but results have been poor.The fixture list has been a shambles.Even now we have we Glasgow turning up without Harris a big attraction especially at Berwick when it been known all season he was in World Longtrack.with all these blank Saturdays throughout the season.It turning fans off the sport.

Fans can accept guests for injuries,but they turn up every week for all sorts of reason nowadays.

Spot on 

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Signing a 7 point rider on a 9.5 average hasnt helped matters. It pushed valuable points away from the lower order and made the team even weaker, though I appreciate there may not have been many options out there.

• Like 3

Just now, MD said:

Signing a 7 point rider on a 9.5 average hasnt helped matters. It pushed valuable points away from the lower order and made the team even weaker, though I appreciate there may not have been many options out there.

I personally think they got caught out with TJ average they perhaps thought he would be on his last Championship figure.But they are not going to admit that.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MD said:

10 hours ago, Fromafar said:

I personally think they got caught out with TJ average they perhaps thought he would be on his last Championship figure. But they are not going to admit that.

TJs average meant they started weaker, but as soon as it dropped & they could replace Stoneman (2.00) with Hook (4.00), they were back on par with a 40.00 limit, so that could no longer be used as an excuse for having a poor team.

If they got caught out with his average, that would be very poor, it's been a (stupid) rule for a few seasons now

10 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Berwick Bandits had 3 home matches between 6th May to 22nd July, that tells you everything you need to know about the fixture schedule. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, screm said:

Berwick Bandits had 3 home matches between 6th May to 22nd July, that tells you everything you need to know about the fixture schedule. 

They had a rain off against Plymouth but it would still have only been 4 meeting in that period. Wonder if Han's is fit for this weekends meetings after his crash in Denmark

• Like 1

1 hour ago, screm said:

And, yet, Berwick decided to have (expensive) Double Headers !!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StevePark said:

And, yet, Berwick decided to have (expensive) Double Headers !!

Too try to save money on  Ground Rental and First Aid was the reason I believe.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Too try to save money on  Ground Rental and First Aid was the reason I believe.

In that case, maybe they shouldn't have entered two leagues then?

1 minute ago, StevePark said:

In that case, maybe they shouldn't have entered two leagues then?

I agree.It certainly didn’t help their pricing structure running double headers .IMO

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1