British Speedway Forum

16 minutes ago, screm said:

As Berwick were the Championship club who gave Rory a way back into speedway you would think he would make himself available for as many meetings as possible to represent Berwick, anyway thanks Rory, at least you can be bothered with the CLRC, or you can at the minute.

Maybe his holiday has something to do with his big crash there a few weeks ago.

4 minutes ago, tweedcider said:

Fully expecting Berwicks season to be over by now.

It is on paper. could have booked July.!

• Haha 1

A message from Jamie & Scott Courtney.
There can be no hiding from the fact that 2023 has been our toughest season on track in recent memory. An almost constant flow of injuries throughout both the Bullets and Bandits sides have contributed to a lack of consistency on track and whenever there has been a glimmer of hope it has been swiftly followed by another heavy blow.
As a club, the wellbeing of our community and riders is top priority and to see so many lads from both of our sides get severely banged up really does have an effect on the morale of everyone involved with Berwick Speedway.
A sporadic fixture list, inconsistent weather, lack of rider availability and probably the toughest economic climate to run a Speedway club ever, has led us to ask ourselves all of the big questions……
The reality is that Berwick Speedway has always been more than just a team that enters a league year in year out. Berwick Speedway is bigger and more valuable to the sport than we are all probably feeling right now.
The club has always shown great resilience through the toughest of times since the Taylor family founded Berwick Speedway back in 1968 and it’s time to dig deep once again!
Moving forward we are delighted to announce that we will be leaning on our strength and resilience to bounce back from adversity and we will walk into 2024 with our heads held high.
As per every year, plans for the following season both within the club and at BSP level begin around July/August time and 2023 has provided us with our most challenging season on track but we are ready to regroup, rebuild, recharge and go again.
Bringing the fans, sponsors and supporters of Berwick Speedway the best possible version of the club in 2024 is our top priority and we are well underway with plans to improve in all areas we can.
On Saturday September the 16th we will mark the end of a short but explosive era for the Berwick Bullets.
After 3 seasons of competing in the National League, the club will be taking a break from that level of competition.
The Bullets have been almost entirely self funded by the club owners and after an incredibly demanding season on and off the track, your promotion have made the decision to channel their attention towards the Bandits and a revamped youth system.
The Bullets brand will continue at youth level and will be associated with the purpose built Grant Henderson Tankers training academy at Duns.
We look forward to our remaining fixtures and will continue to do our very best for the club in 2023 and beyond!
  • Like 6

I know people often like to discuss which track has the best racing in the country, and we all know that Shielfield isn't a contender. But how about the best chasing track in the country? I have seen some of the best chasing of my life at Berwick. I once saw the guy in 3rd place get within 5m of the guy ahead of him and I got goosebumps

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, tweedcider said:

Barnstoneworth United.

Golden Gordon.

11-1..... 11 bloody 1..... Hagerty F., Hagerty R., Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Dobson, Crapper, Dewhurst, MacIntyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MilhouseZmarzlik said:

I know people often like to discuss which track has the best racing in the country, and we all know that Shielfield isn't a contender. But how about the best chasing track in the country? I have seen some of the best chasing of my life at Berwick. I once saw the guy in 3rd place get within 5m of the guy ahead of him and I got goosebumps

Unfortunately for Berwick, its normally them that are doing the chasing at Shielfield, and to be honest they`re no great shakes at it giving our home record.

See on the SCB latest news bit that Steve Boxall is representing the Bullets in the NDL riders championship with nothing to say provisionally.No wonder speedway is such a hugely respected sport in this country.

2 hours ago, alang said:

See on the SCB latest news bit that Steve Boxall is representing the Bullets in the NDL riders championship with nothing to say provisionally.No wonder speedway is such a hugely respected sport in this country.

It says he has qualified to represent Bullets.It always states that any changes will be communicated at a later date.That’s the key sentence.IMO.Obviosly depends on outcome of further sample.

As I posted a few weeks ago after another bout of vandalism, I hope those responsible are dealt with and then reported.

CLUB STATEMENT
We are sad to inform everyone that Shielfield Park was broken into and vandalised last night.
Both Berwick Speedway and Berwick Rangers FC have fallen victim to theft and vandalism for the second time this season and we are absolutely devastated.
A large amount of stock and keys to essential track preparation equipment have been taken and we encourage anyone on Shielfield Terrace, Etal Road and surrounding areas to keep an eye out for the vehicle keys.
Unfortunately lots of things have been vandalised and Northumbria Police are assessing CCTV footage and forensics are working to identify the guilty parties as we write this.
After an incredibly tough season this was not the news we wanted to wake up to today.
This a blow to everyone involved in making Berwick Speedway happen and we will do our very best to work through these problems and be ready for action on Saturday night for one last time in 2023!

57 minutes ago, screm said:

As I posted a few weeks ago after another bout of vandalism, I hope those responsible are dealt with and then reported.

CLUB STATEMENT
We are sad to inform everyone that Shielfield Park was broken into and vandalised last night.
Both Berwick Speedway and Berwick Rangers FC have fallen victim to theft and vandalism for the second time this season and we are absolutely devastated.
A large amount of stock and keys to essential track preparation equipment have been taken and we encourage anyone on Shielfield Terrace, Etal Road and surrounding areas to keep an eye out for the vehicle keys.
Unfortunately lots of things have been vandalised and Northumbria Police are assessing CCTV footage and forensics are working to identify the guilty parties as we write this.
After an incredibly tough season this was not the news we wanted to wake up to today.
This a blow to everyone involved in making Berwick Speedway happen and we will do our very best to work through these problems and be ready for action on Saturday night for one last time in 2023!

Unfortunately in today’s society vermin being vermin this is a worrying trend.

Hopefully catch the culprits and give them a good boot in the haw maws before throwing the key away.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, screm said:

CLUB STATEMENT

"Dealt with, and then reported"        Excellent!

• Like 1

On 9/13/2023 at 9:27 PM, crescent girl said:

"Dealt with, and then reported"        Excellent!

Cheap dig !!!

2 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

Cheap dig !!!

I think you misunderstood me.  I was praising Screm's suggested course of action.....

• Like 1