British Speedway Forum

20 hours ago, HGould said:

Bickley is probably a better example of how confidence can be shot if promoted too soon. 

Harry McGurk too. 

Ace needs another NDL season and occasional chances in CL if reserves missing or as No 8

I disagree with the Bickley comment, after his first season at Workington, he's always had a 3+ ave. Plus he was a top NL heat leader before moving up. The form of riders like McGurk, Ablitt & Freeman are better examples of riders moving up too soon!

It's hard to make suggestions for the 2023 team when you don't know points limit etc. But I do feel it would be too soon for Ace to move into the Champ. However if he tops the NDL aves then he could get chances throughout the year. Certainly worth him being the unofficial number 8 though!

21 hours ago, HGould said:

Bickley is probably a better example of how confidence can be shot if promoted too soon. 

Harry McGurk too. 

Ace needs another NDL season and occasional chances in CL if reserves missing or as No 8

Bickley is just a case of not much improvement over the last 3 seasons.Plenty before him have been in the same boat.

• Like 2

So following last night's End of Season Awards night, we now know that Leon Flint will captain the team in 2023

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Normski said:

So following last night's End of Season Awards night, we now know that Leon Flint will captain the team in 2023

That probably signals that Bomber is moving on if Leon is captain

Jorgensen and Schlein to be the other two heat leaders for the Bandits in 2023 is my guess

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Hamster00 said:

Jorgensen and Schlein to be the other two heat leaders for the Bandits in 2023 is my guess

Thought Schlein has retired

55 minutes ago, Hamster00 said:

Imagine leaving sunny Australia to come out of retirement to ride a Berwick on a Saturday night. Must really hate being back home.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Imagine leaving sunny Australia to come out of retirement to ride a Berwick on a Saturday night. Must really hate being back home.

More like he misses the speedway scene over here perhaps?

Taking it that Bomber is not returning,how about Joshie P,Leon,Theo,Ace,the Knudsen brothers and Reggie out of curiousity what average would Schlein be on ?

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Taking it that Bomber is not returning,how about Joshie P,Leon,Theo,Ace,the Knudsen brothers and Reggie out of curiousity what average would Schlein be on ?

Berwick on a Saturday night isn’t going to fit with Josh presumably riding in Poland again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bandit59 said:

I would guess it would be at least 8. Still got last season's finals programme at home, so will be in there somewhere. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I would guess it would be at least 8. Still got last season's finals programme at home, so will be in there somewhere. 

8.18 was his final 2021 average 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

Shame if we cannot keep Bomber.

Every time that Schlein is at Berwick there appears to be something wrong (not really what you want from a rider who would probably be your number 1).

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gambo95 said:

Shame if we cannot keep Bomber.

Every time that Schlein is at Berwick there appears to be something wrong (not really what you want from a rider who would probably be your number 1).

Needs a nice dry slick track and when he gates he is fine.!!
Hope it is just a rumour.!!

• Like 1