British Speedway Forum

Of the four announced tonight - it is good to see Jonas back but other than that it’s underwhelming

Assuming we need a 2 pointer to make it all fit and Stoneman is fine for that

Personally I’m not as excited as some to see Jorgensen return but we shall see in time and will have a better idea when the final two are announced

Jorgensen on his Scunny average from 2021 is a fantastic signing, but Jorgensen on his converted average is a woeful one. Great to see Jonas back. Would of preferred Jye to move on. Stoney will do a job at reserve, done well for a 2 pointer for us 

4 minutes ago, Hamster00 said:

Of the four announced tonight - it is good to see Jonas back but other than that it’s underwhelming

Personally I’m not as excited as some to see Jorgensen return but we shall see in time and will have a better idea when the final two are announced

What average does TJ come in on 

Wouldn’t of touched Jorgensen on that average I wouldn’t of went near. That’ll drop however and be space to make changes later in the season.

1 minute ago, Redtruck said:

What average does TJ come in on 

I’m guessing it will be a converted average from the Premiership last season which will be somewhere around 9.53 but that is pure guesswork, who knows with the BSPA these days

4 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Jorgensen on his Scunny average from 2021 is a fantastic signing, but Jorgensen on his converted average is a woeful one. Great to see Jonas back. Would of preferred Jye to move on. Stoney will do a job at reserve, done well for a 2 pointer for us 

Agree with that, I’m guessing the latter average for Jorgensen so hence my scepticism

2 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Wouldn’t of touched Jorgensen on that average I wouldn’t of went near. That’ll drop however and be space to make changes later in the season.

Knudsen's improvement not just eat up any gains from TJ though?

1 minute ago, JCookie said:

Knudsen's improvement not just eat up any gains from TJ though?

Good point. Weak top end but bottom end strength. Struggle in the big heats.

22 minutes ago, Hamster00 said:

If Schlein still to be announced,that would be ok Team.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Good point. Weak top end but bottom end strength. Struggle in the big heats.

Bottom end strength?? You ain’t seen our bottom end or top end yet, there’s no strength anywhere 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

If Schlein still to be announced,that would be ok Team.

Loves Berwick does Rory lol but a very capable rider who would do a good job. 

Edited by Normski
  • Like 1

With greatest of respect has Jorgensen ever even broken an 8.00? 9.5 it wouldn't be me taking the chance. Memories of the stripes taking dickie juul on similar average, didn't get close

44 minutes ago, screm said:
2023 ALL SYSTEMS GO!
Ladies and Gentlemen we have a rather generous amount of 2023 news to share with you all this evening!
Joining Leon Flint Racing as confirmed FTS Bandits so far for 2023 will be the following riders 
Thomas Jorgensen ✅
Jonas Knudsen ✅
Jye Etheridge ✅
Nathan Stoneman ✅
We are delighted to welcome back all 5 Shielfield Park heroes for the upcoming season.
Thomas Jørgensen Racing was amongst the most spectacular and popular home riders in recent memory in his previous stints as a Bandit and we can’t wait to see TJ back in action 
Local hero Leon Flint will proudly skipper the side & Jonas Knudsen will look to continue his rocket like trajectory alongside our super popular local based Aussie Jye Etheridge and the ‘never give up’ heroics of Nathan Stoneman.
After scooping all of the awards on Friday night we learned that Chris 'Bomber' Harris is unable to commit to Championship Saturday nights in 2023 due to a very busy international racing schedule and we wish Chris, his family and his team all the very best. 
We were fully aware that the Bomber could only commit initially to 2022 and we are grateful for a thrilling season from one of the greatest ever!
Stay tuned this week for some big sponsorship announcements via all Berwick Speedway

Bomber to Glasgow maybe.

average will Jorgensen come on? 

Very surprised Berwick have retained Knudsen, should prove a great signing for next season if the rumours are true of a lowered average limit

14 minutes ago, spin king junior said:

average will Jorgensen come on? 

Very surprised Berwick have retained Knudsen, should prove a great signing for next season if the rumours are true of a lowered average limit

It will be interesting on TJ average,not great value if it’s last years Premiership converted.Do like him as a rider though.