British Speedway Forum

Sedgmen guesting at Glasgow & Oxford and at home to Glasgow. Howarth guesting at home v Oxford.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Am sure 12 points or so at redcar would pay better than 2 in poland!

You are going to be shocked then,,, UK average per point for a heat leader 80- 120…..if they aren’t in a guarantee….

.Poland …set fees in the thousands for turning up!

7 hours ago, geoff100 said:

I have seen the crash yes its bad and have said i wish him all the best ,but i stand by my comments and no one has yet answered if poland look after him like out srbf?.

You can stand by your idiotic comment if you wish, just shows you to be incredibly wrong. Wright has ridden through the pain barrier on many occasions for the Bears over recent years, rides for the club where he doesn’t get the biggest wage but is extremely happy , well loved and supported , he consulted the club about his opportunity to ride in Poland and rode with the clubs blessing so in no way shape or form did he give up on the club ! 
No, Poland doesn’t have an equivalent of the SRBF but does have a a very good history of looking after injured riders.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

You are going to be shocked then,,, UK average per point for a heat leader 80- 120…..if they aren’t in a guarantee….

.Poland …set fees in the thousands for turning up!

Is this accurate? If so, wow.

I saw Nicki Pedersen posting an article on social media a couple of weeks ago which mentioned a sign-on fee in Poland which equated to GBP £150,000. Wild.

As I said earlier, it’s incredible how arguably the only economic environment which Poland eclipses the UK is in speedway. That’s not luck; they’re doing something right.

10 hours ago, Yearbyred said:

Gave up on a club? What a ridiculous statement. 

The vast majority of Redcar fans and the management of Redcar speedway would say that’s tosh. He took advantage of an opportunity to ride in the top league in the world and circumstances (injury to Woffy) meant he was called up to a meeting on a day when Redcar had a meaningless (in terms of the play offs) fixture. Some Bears fans have already set up a go fund me for him, so they don’t think he’s “given up” on Redcar. Yes it’s awful timing for the Bears (and Belle Vue) but that’s insignificant compared to his health,

He’s suffered some horrific injuries and is likely to be in hospital for some time. If you’ve seen the crash you’ll see it’s nothing to do with his riding style and just a speedway accident.

Get well soon Charles, a brilliant servant to Redcar speedway. 

Vast majority? More like a 50/50 split.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Bellers101 said:

Vast majority? More like a 50/50 split.

Well the only negative posts I’ve seen about Charles from a follower of Redcar have come from you. The people who’ve agreed with you on here aren’t Redcar supporters.

The Redcar fans I’ve spoken to, and the response on Redcars social media, has been supportive of him.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Well the only negative posts I’ve seen about Charles from a follower of Redcar have come from you. The people who’ve agreed with you on here aren’t Redcar supporters.

The Redcar fans I’ve spoken to, and the response on Redcars social media, has been supportive of him.

We must be looking at different forums/media platforms then.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Sorry to see charles get injured get well soon,however he gave up on a club that have kept him in work for a few seaaons now for a poss one off meeting in poland! Do they have riders fund like we do or will he claim off our fund whilst he is injured? Again soz that he got hurt but its a gen question.

I know some years ago Charles would not have met the criteria for an application to our Ben fund. It used to be that you could make a claim only if your accident was in the UK and the promoter had to apply on the riders behalf. If I remember rightly Darcy Ward wasn’t entitled to anything when he came back to the UK from Poland and there were a few that weren’t happy with this. I assume this is still the case if you think about it they have to draw the line somewhere. I don’t mean this to be unkind but these guys ride in (Poland, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Czech, Finland, France etc) the Ben fund can’t cover everyone everywhere. So I think this is why it was stipulated that it was for accidents in the UK.

I am not aware of a Polish equivalent to our Ben fund (but there maybe one), unfortunately this is why they have to take out insurance to race and I see someone has started a go fund me page for Charles.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, KK62 said:

You can stand by your idiotic comment if you wish, just shows you to be incredibly wrong. Wright has ridden through the pain barrier on many occasions for the Bears over recent years, rides for the club where he doesn’t get the biggest wage but is extremely happy , well loved and supported , he consulted the club about his opportunity to ride in Poland and rode with the clubs blessing so in no way shape or form did he give up on the club ! 
No, Poland doesn’t have an equivalent of the SRBF but does have a a very good history of looking after injured riders.

Cook refuses to ride for his club 30 day ban,wright refuses to ride for his club no ban simple!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Cook refuses to ride for his club 30 day ban,wright refuses to ride for his club no ban simple!

How has he refused to ride for Redcar? If contracted to a polish team like he is then  Sunday is their priority race day which can lead to a FIM ban if refused to ride for Wrocław. Don’t see any worky fans calling for Bailey to be banned for refusing to ride for them when he’s riding for us as we have the “priority” if riding on the same day pretty much the same thing 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

What in gods earth are you going on about. You must be on the wind up.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Redtruck said:

How has he refused to ride for Redcar? If contracted to a polish team like he is then  Sunday is their priority race day which can lead to a FIM ban if refused to ride for Wrocław. Don’t see any worky fans calling for Bailey to be banned for refusing to ride for them when he’s riding for us as we have the “priority” if riding on the same day pretty much the same thing 

Different situation all together lets just agree to disagree

3 minutes ago, Redtruck said:

And as for "priority" surely its about time the rule was changed who u sign for first has "priority" .

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Different situation all together lets just agree to disagree

Redtruck’s first sentence is entirely correct, whether you ‘agree to disagree’ or not. Calling for a rider who is stuck in hospital with a long list of horrific injuries to be banned is absolutely appalling. You should be ashamed of yourself.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Redtruck’s first sentence is entirely correct, whether you ‘agree to disagree’ or not. Calling for a rider who is stuck in hospital with a long list of horrific injuries to be banned is absolutely appalling. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Not ashamed at all i have my view as u have yours,i have lots of sympathy for all riders who get hurt to entertain us,as i say lets agree to disagree