British Speedway Forum

Personally, Not so much who I would like, but who I would not like to see in the Redcar jacket: B Barker, C Cook, J Wright, M Clegg, A Roynon, A Summers, J Sedgman, P Starke to name a few. They, in my opinion, all come with either some form of baggage, are unreliable, injury prone or just can’t ride the Ecco Arena. Might all be nice people & good riders, just not for me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biffa said:

Personally, Not so much who I would like, but who I would not like to see in the Redcar jacket: B Barker, C Cook, J Wright, M Clegg, A Roynon, A Summers, J Sedgman, P Starke to name a few. They, in my opinion, all come with either some form of baggage, are unreliable, injury prone or just can’t ride the Ecco Arena. Might all be nice people & good riders, just not for me. 

Any 7 of the riders you've named wouldn't be a bad team to be fair  averages permitting of course. 

23 hours ago, Biffa said:

Paul Starke is an absolute steal on his average, sedgeman I’m 50/50 on wether he can maintain a 7 average but definitely had fire under his butt this year,Craig came off of many injuries to return a 12 point haul from 4 rides on his return away at Redcar and with my reckoning is the 3rd highest rated #1 in the league but is now on an 8.45 average (steal) , if you take Charles and Craig at 1-5 they’ll be deadly. James Wright I just think was at the wrong club last year.

Depending on averages wouldn't mind all our heat leaders back and Kyle Newman is a absolute must....ace pijper and Jason Edwards at reserve...not sure what that leaves for a second string but wouldn't have andersen or Jenkins...no offence !

Edited by Jeffo

On 11/2/2022 at 4:13 PM, Jeffo said:

Depending on averages wouldn't mind all our heat leaders back and Kyle Newman is a absolute must....ace pijper and Jason Edwards at reserve...not sure what that leaves for a second string but wouldn't have andersen or Jenkins...no offence !

Glad your not picking the team then as Jenkins did very well for us and will improve again next season . Newman still lives in Poole so is very unlikely to be signing for a northern club for a full season. 

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2022 at 12:23 PM, Cast1rn said:

Paul Starke is an absolute steal on his average, sedgeman I’m 50/50 on wether he can maintain a 7 average but definitely had fire under his butt this year,Craig came off of many injuries to return a 12 point haul from 4 rides on his return away at Redcar and with my reckoning is the 3rd highest rated #1 in the league but is now on an 8.45 average (steal) , if you take Charles and Craig at 1-5 they’ll be deadly. James Wright I just think was at the wrong club last year.

Is that at the start of the year or end?

He did a cracking job for us at the tail end of the season, taking some memorable scalps.

On 11/2/2022 at 4:13 PM, Jeffo said:

Ace Piper nowhere near ready for championship racing.

I was shot down in flames when I mentioned him for the Berwick team.

Wouldn't mind Jenkins for Berwick if you don't want him (showed great fight when guesting for Berwick which is all you can ask for).

2 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Glad your not picking the team then as Jenkins did very well for us and will improve again next season . Newman still lives in Poole so is very unlikely to be signing for a northern club for a full season. 

Kyle gets married this month and has a young family so can't see him committing to so much travelling.

Edited by Skidder1

40 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Is that at the start of the year or end?

He did a cracking job for us at the tail end of the season, taking some memorable scalps.

Start, I would definitely consider him in any lineup, number 1 fill in for Newcastle was always going to be a tough order.

Edited by Cast1rn

1 hour ago, Gambo95 said:

Ace Piper nowhere near ready for championship racing.

I was shot down in flames when I mentioned him for the Berwick team.

Wouldn't mind Jenkins for Berwick if you don't want him (showed great fight when guesting for Berwick which is all you can ask for).

Having watched Ace Piper during the Redcar Silver helmet meeting, I think he will hold his own at championship level, he was on the pace in all of his heats, beating some class heat leaders, or maybe he can ride the STeMP like all riders because it is the fairest track in speedway.

13 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Jordan rumoured to be on the move....Great round redcar but mostly poor away from home.

Last season our heat leaders and Kyle carried the team with more often than not our second strings having a very hit and miss season.

If we are to ever win the league title we need riders that can score home and away.

Ace pijper was superb in the silver helmet meeting and on that meeting alone is worth a punt on a two average at home....but he will probably end up at Berwick with his dad.

Just my thoughts peeps....

1 hour ago, Jeffo said:

Jordan rumoured to be on the move....Great round redcar but mostly poor away from home.

Last season our heat leaders and Kyle carried the team with more often than not our second strings having a very hit and miss season.

If we are to ever win the league title we need riders that can score home and away.

Ace pijper was superb in the silver helmet meeting and on that meeting alone is worth a punt on a two average at home....but he will probably end up at Berwick with his dad.

Just my thoughts peeps....

When we lost Erik to injury it showed our heat leaders weren’t as strong as we thought

charles had a poor season to his standard as the drop in average shows but was carrying and injury 

lewi was just too inconsistent throughout the season 

1 hour ago, Redtruck said:

When we lost Erik to injury it showed our heat leaders weren’t as strong as we thought

charles had a poor season to his standard as the drop in average shows but was carrying and injury 

lewi was just too inconsistent throughout the season 

Charles Wright:-

2021 - 8.21 from 24 mtgs

2022 8.45 from 33 meetings.

And his Prem Ave went up too.

http://www.gbspeedway.com/2021/riderperf.php?mc1=s&mc2=rc&mc3=av&mc4=x&rider=Charles Wright&league=B&sort=date&comp=All&club=Overall&reload=Y#mobile_stats

http://www.gbspeedway.com/2022/riderperf.php?mc1=s&mc2=rc&mc3=av&mc4=x&rider=Charles Wright&league=B&sort=date&comp=All&club=Overall&reload=Y#mobile_stats

Edited by arnieg
  • Like 1