British Speedway Forum

Regardless of the points limit I would definitely have Jason & Jordan back next year. Both have shown good potential and must surely improve again next season. Both had spells in the top 5 and though a touch inconsistent, generally held their own in these positions. Would be good if both could start at reserve again. 

Official GSA's(10 meetings) are NOT a true reflection of recent average as there is a story in this weeks SS regarding this. A team could ride against 6 or 7 of the top teams & riders get a lower than normal average where, if you ride against mostly lower teams you would be higher. Also, there is the effect of rider manipulation where teams already in play off positions or teams in the lower reaches of the league will have less to ride for at the end of the league season so will try to drop their average to make themselves more employable the following year.

• Thanks 1

On 11/4/2022 at 12:39 PM, IronScorpion said:

Official GSA's(10 meetings) are NOT a true reflection of recent average as there is a story in this weeks SS regarding this. A team could ride against 6 or 7 of the top teams & riders get a lower than normal average where, if you ride against mostly lower teams you would be higher. Also, there is the effect of rider manipulation where teams already in play off positions or teams in the lower reaches of the league will have less to ride for at the end of the league season so will try to drop their average to make themselves more employable the following year.

Also makes a difference if a rider is at reserve or not in their last 10 matches. I definitely saw a few flaws when they changed the rules, I guess the promoters didn't!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Also makes a difference if a rider is at reserve or not in their last 10 matches. I definitely saw a few flaws when they changed the rules, I guess the promoters didn't!

Not to mention the home and away split. (I pointed how unfair to Poole this would be in August :rofl:)

45 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Wright confirmed as the first rider for 2023.

Good signing,no brainier IMO.

14 hours ago, Yearbyred said:

Wright confirmed as the first rider for 2023.

Certainly should be looking to up his average. Good start to team building!

1 hour ago, lewy said:

Danny King and jake mulford to the bears.

Can’t see Matt Ford letting his favourite rider go anywhere, if he’s releasing a heat leader more likely Worrall.

With Wright already in and Jenkins and Edwards as assets they are probably in, don’t think they want to change the team much from last season as Kerr and Riss were very popular so I’d think Newman would be looking for a track closer to the south coast and Anderson might be the sacrificial one . 
Jordan Stewart to reappear with a NDL ‘star’ to come in ?, Pijper-Boughen-Harrison-Trigger ??? as a big gamble .

28 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Can’t see Matt Ford letting his favourite rider go anywhere, if he’s releasing a heat leader more likely Worrall.

With Wright already in and Jenkins and Edwards as assets they are probably in, don’t think they want to change the team much from last season as Kerr and Riss were very popular so I’d think Newman would be looking for a track closer to the south coast and Anderson might be the sacrificial one . 
Jordan Stewart to reappear with a NDL ‘star’ to come in ?, Pijper-Boughen-Harrison-Trigger ??? as a big gamble .

Mulford cant be much more than a 2 if not a 2pointer? And alot stronger than the 4 mentioned 

Based on suggestions I've read and a 40 limit!

Redcar  
Erik Riss 8.58
King / Worrall 8.05
Charles Wright 7.48
Jordan Jenkins 5.31
Cameron Heeps 4.33
Jason Edwards 4.10
Jake Mulford 2.00
Total 39.85
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Based on suggestions I've read and a 40 limit!

Redcar  
Erik Riss 8.58
King / Worrall 8.05
Charles Wright 7.48
Jordan Jenkins 5.31
Cameron Heeps 4.33
Jason Edwards 4.10
Jake Mulford 2.00
Total 39.85

Heeps! Can’t see Redcar wanting him , can’t see the King / Worrall option either. Isn’t Mulford a grass tracker ? Redcar will have a third of their home fixtures on a Sunday so doubt that works for them and may cause issues with Riss riding in Poland. If Kerr doesn’t come back can see an Edinburgh heat leader who guested a few times being linked.

The limit will be higher than 38 now there are so few teams.