British Speedway Forum

8 minutes ago, Trees said:

I thought if a rider doesn't want to race for a club it's no use trying to make him, he just won't wanna be there and give 100%??

Who says Craig leaving Glasgow is the club’s decision? I can see why he’d feel it’s the best thing for him too.

9 minutes ago, Trees said:

I thought if a rider doesn't want to race for a club it's no use trying to make him, he just won't wanna be there and give 100%??

Yes that's fair. So probably tells you that Craig fancies it too. 

4 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Yes that's fair. So probably tells you that Craig fancies it too. 

Fair enough m8 .... gotcha!

9 hours ago, Noelinho said:

Who says Craig leaving Glasgow is the club’s decision? I can see why he’d feel it’s the best thing for him too.

The last two seasons where we have lost Ully to injury we’ve been left leaderless in the pits with the younger guys getting no direction and pretty much crawling over the finish line.

Cookies scoring has remained very consistent in the playoffs but we’ve still fallen short. Scoring is great but when the team needed leadership it just wasn’t there. I’m assuming Glasgow are hunting for a number 1 that can help lift the boys in the pits when times get tough.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

The last two seasons where we have lost Ully to injury we’ve been left leaderless in the pits with the younger guys getting no direction and pretty much crawling over the finish line.

Cookies scoring has remained very consistent in the playoffs but we’ve still fallen short. Scoring is great but when the team needed leadership it just wasn’t there. I’m assuming Glasgow are hunting for a number 1 that can help lift the boys in the pits when times get tough.

Makes sense. I think if rumours are true about where he ends up next that Edinburgh might just let him race and leave the captaincy and leadership stuff to Pickering which I think he’d relish tbh. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cast1rn said:

Team managers job as well as Captains surely?

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, Noelinho said:

Most probably assume that as the club announced he wasn't coming back before Craig did!

Just now, szkocjasid said:

Team managers job as well as Captains surely?

I agree, but I also feel leading from the front is the best kind of leader, as in on the track. Ully was outstanding at it.

• Like 2

I'm quite happy to see Craig Cook go as he was becoming a real downer both on and off the track but i was disappointed to see the services of Connor not being retained as i feel there is improvement in him and his average would have been a good fit in a 40 point team. Anyone have an inkling of where they will both end up next season though?

Cookie to Edinburgh seems like the most likely, Connor is a very consistent scorer at home just struggled away, I think most teams will be taking a two pointer at 7 which is why he didn’t fit in with Glasgow for 2023.

How about?

Glasgow  
Ben Basso 8.52
Tom Brennan 6.71
Kyle Thomson 6.60
Broc Nicol 5.95
Paul Starke 5.11
Claus Vissing 5.00
Jake Mulford 2.00
Total 39.89

21 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

How about?

Glasgow  
Ben Basso 8.52
Tom Brennan 6.71
Kyle Thomson 6.60
Broc Nicol 5.95
Paul Starke 5.11
Claus Vissing 5.00
Jake Mulford 2.00
Total 39.89

Nah nah nah Nicol has had his chance, not for me thanks.

I do think you're right with Basso, Brennan and Vissing.

It seems a fairly well known secret that Marcin Nowak (5.00) will be back.

Personally I think both Pijpers could be a good bet.

3 minutes ago, Joseq7 said:

Wouldn’t disagree regarding the pijpers 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Joseq7 said:

Those 6 would leave 8.34 for the final rider, which would fit Cook in perfectly (8.24). Don't imagine they would've dropped Cook in that scenario!

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Those 6 would leave 8.34 for the final rider, which would fit Cook in perfectly (8.24). Don't imagine they would've dropped Cook in that scenario!

I take your point but I think perhaps it's more of a scenario that Craig's time with us has came to a natural end, and not just a numbers game. 

Richard Lawson would fit in on those points left, hmm.