British Speedway Forum

11 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Canny diss big Lee , the guy is a cult hero . Remember once we were down at Somerset and we were getting a right doing . Big Lee comes out and wins heat 12 and does two laps of honour . 

Na sorry was never for me. Watching him round armadump was like watching Keith maben!! The guy tried hard I've no doubts about that, he just wasn't very good lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Na sorry was never for me. Watching him round armadump was like watching Keith maben!! The guy tried hard I've no doubts about that, he just wasn't very good lol

Superstar Keith Maben.

9 hours ago, Nickinho said:

9 hours ago, cinderfella said:

I have to admit that when I read that Shane Parker had been voted the greatest Tiger of all time I laughed.

Steve Lawson was voted Greatest Tiger of all time.

Edited by tyretrax
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, tyretrax said:

With in his era ans statistically I would find it hard to argue with Steve Lawson being the GOAT but you can argue he never made it on the World stage against the top riders of his day whereas McKinlay and McMillan did. 

Keep forgetting about the impact Jayden O'Malley made for The Tigers - deliberately lol

• Like 1

Ken McKinlay.    Six years a Tiger, then NINE World Finals, reserve at three more.   Without doubt the greatest Scot of all time.

In terms of service to the Tigers, Steve Lawson.

Edited by crescent girl
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Ken McKinlay.    Six years a Tiger, then NINE World Finals, reserve at three more.   Without doubt the greatest Scot of all time.

In terms of service to the Tigers, Steve Lawson.

He was, also a "Saint" for Scunthorpe at Quibell Park at 50 years+.

3 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Yeah with all due respect to him he and his old JAP should have retired before that stint. But I guess speedway was in his blood. 

5 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Not quite!   He retired after 26 matches for Scunthorpe in 1975, at the impressive age of 47.

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

Remember him with the old JAP and the gas goggles many riders used back then even though JAWAs and 'monkey masks' were the in thing. 

George Major and Mike Broadbank were the same. 

Jack Smith in for Ace on Saturday, did well at Redcar and as a Glasgow asset, this is his chance to shine, not expecting him to get 10 points but if he can get something in heat 2 and at least challenge opposition number 7, that will be a start. I remember when he joined Glasgow a few years back, I think he relied on his Dad's reputation, but he has grown up somewhat since then and he can gate, so good luck to the lad

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Weeyin said:

Jack Smith in for Ace on Saturday, did well at Redcar and as a Glasgow asset, this is his chance to shine, not expecting him to get 10 points but if he can get something in heat 2 and at least challenge opposition number 7, that will be a start. I remember when he joined Glasgow a few years back, I think he relied on his Dad's reputation, but he has grown up somewhat since then and he can gate, so good luck to the lad

He isn't the first son to have failed. Kym Mauger, Tony Briggs, Aiden and Chris Collins come to mind. 

George Stancl and the late Lee Richardson were two  exceptions that come to mind. 

2 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

He isn't the first son to have failed. Kym Mauger, Tony Briggs, Aiden and Chris Collins come to mind. 

George Stancl and the late Lee Richardson were two  exceptions that come to mind. 

Wasn't there a Nagy junior rode in a few classics wasn't very good. 

Can't believe you forgot the son of god :o

34 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Wasn't there a Nagy junior rode in a few classics wasn't very good. 

Can't believe you forgot the son of god :o

Oh I didn't just didn't want to show too much Glasgow bias. 

Wonder is Frazer Bowes will ever wear the red & white stripes? 

14 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Oh I didn't just didn't want to show too much Glasgow bias. 

Wonder is Frazer Bowes will ever wear the red & white stripes? 

I'd love to see him one day. Say it every year. His dad and lyonsy were the reason fell in love with the sport as a youngster 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

I'd love to see him one day. Say it every year. His dad and lyonsy were the reason fell in love with the sport as a youngster 

And never have there been two such totally dedicated riders. All their spare cash was spent on spares for their bikes rather than booze and the likes. 

Two of the best recommendations Jimmy Mac made. 

• Like 1