British Speedway Forum

5 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Latest set of photos on Facebook look fantastic it's going to be a wonderful place to watch the racing

Looks absolutely cracking for viewing. Looking forward to coming down with the devils as long as I have the time to do so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, StevePark said:

10 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Can't wait to come and watch this season when I'm free . Them lads have done an amazing job. 

• Like 5

On 1/8/2023 at 4:23 AM, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Really Geoff!!!

Try Nephew... Young James is the son of Anthony Denham Keith's brother who used to.be track curator at DP...

He will do fine as he has a good head on those shoulders...

Regards 

THJ 

I think Anthony Denham is Keith's nephew not brother so Keith would be James Great Uncle? :D

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, cometbaz said:

I think Anthony Denham is Keith's nephew not brother so Keith would be James Great Uncle? :D

How old do ya think Kieth is... you'll be another one off his Christmas card list...

Correction.... and sincere apologies you are right...

Best of it is and don't tell Anthony... I would have took Anthony for the older one of the two FFS... poor old Antony eh... must have had a hard paper round...

Regards 

THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Edited for accuracy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Will a band play Radetzky March...will there be ice cold lagers on hot days ....keep calm chaps it’s early days , Rome wasn’t built in a day but that  colosseum would have made a nice stadium.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

How old do ya think Kieth is... you'll be another one off his Christmas card list...

They are brothers FFS how many times do you have to be told... Keith is James uncle...

Regards 

THJ

Keith and Anthony aren't brothers John, Keith is Anthony's Uncle. Keith must be about 80 now

James probably calls Keith Uncle but he's a Great Uncle.   I know James' granda Raymond very well, from his involvement at our cricket club (Cockermouth), He's a real Salt of the earth character, still as active as ever as Head groundsman at 87 years old!

Those new photos look cracking btw! Reminds me of the view you get down the backstraight at Ashfield, but Northside looks even higher than that. Can see the Swedish influence!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Will a band play Radetzky March...will there be ice cold lagers on hot days ....keep calm chaps it’s early days , Rome wasn’t built in a day but that  colosseum would have made a nice stadium.  

Aye Topaz ya not wrong you could tell that when Steve Lawson came second in that Chariot race wid Charlton Heston in Ben Hur... in fact am sure Steve said that's where he got the idea for the shape of the track from wid those extra wide bends... ;-) 

Regards 

THJ 

3 minutes ago, Marksman said:

Keith and Anthony aren't brothers John, Keith is Anthony's Uncle. Keith must be about 80

Beat you to it Marksman and full apology made above... and Keith told me he was only 49... that's what threw me... although he's been saying that for the last 12 years that I know... so yep big slice of humble pie....

But that's Cumbria all owa Marra when ya sister can be ya mother ya auntie and ya cousin all in one and ya grandma is a sheep...

Regards 

THJ 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Marksman said:

Keith and Anthony aren't brothers John, Keith is Anthony's Uncle. Keith must be about 80 now

James probably calls Keith Uncle but he's a Great Uncle.   I know James' granda Raymond very well, from his involvement at our cricket club (Cockermouth), He's a real Salt of the earth character, still as active as ever as Head groundsman at 87 years old!

Those new photos look cracking btw! Reminds me of the view you get down the backstraight at Ashfield, but Northside looks even higher than that. Can see the Swedish influence!

I didn’t relise that was the connection. Is James a cricketer, I remember playing a denham lad back in the midweek league days?

track looks excellent. Hope is fans can get down and support soon

16 minutes ago, Jeanzi said:

I didn’t relise that was the connection. Is James a cricketer, I remember playing a denham lad back in the midweek league days?

I've played against James at cockermouth. I hope his team manager skills is better than his bowling 

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Jeanzi said:

Yeah that’s James, played for Braithwaite, along with Mason Campton who also played the odd game

Question for people in the know THG maybe, is there plans for a clubhouse bar/food outlet, maybe port a cabins, like Redcar or scunny ? Fans can meet have a drink/food putting profits back into the club, I know it's still a few months till season starts but would be good to know

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Neila said:

Question for people in the know THG maybe, is there plans for a clubhouse bar/food outlet, maybe port a cabins, like Redcar or scunny ? Fans can meet have a drink/food putting profits back into the club, I know it's still a few months till season starts but would be good to know

Hope there's a bar as it's a tradition that Team Harrison and Mcgurk have a beer after any meeting there at together. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Neila said:

In a word @Neila yes

But a hope the club aren't relying on you to flush the bar wid profit on the back of your drinking exploits cos av seen you in action and between you an that Barry av spilt more down me tie...

When you's won the money draw down at Rye House you's didnt even splash the cash... not one pint was offered... and I pulled your ticket out of the bag...

Regards 

THJ

• Haha 2