British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2023

On 11/10/2022 at 3:03 PM, *JJ said:

According to today's Speedway Star, the Brummies have 'agreed terms with their first rider for 2023'. I wonder who?

Adam Ellis :blink:

• Haha 1

Think it will be James Pearson, please not Shane's or Morris, at least with Pearson he may improve, Shanes and Morris get worse by the day 

• Like 1

On 11/10/2022 at 3:03 PM, *JJ said:

According to today's Speedway Star, the Brummies have 'agreed terms with their first rider for 2023'. I wonder who?

6 hours ago, lewy said:

Adam Ellis :blink:

Well, exactly...no-one at Starry Speedway has said that the first rider will be on a season-long contract, have they?  It could be another of those "until the Swedish season starts" kind of contracts. It might even feature a guarantee that in the event of sustaining a season ending injury, the team won't be redeclared with a replacement rider, so that they don't have to feel lonely and like they've been thrown onto the scrap heap.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, uk_martin said:

At this point in previous seasons the Brummies Facebook Page would have run about half a dozen videos featuring James Shanes...and a couple featuring Ashley Morris. Indeed, the Brummies Facebook page gave James Shanes more exposure than Fox News gave to Donald Trump. That hasn't happened this year. Is their absence a hint of a fresh broom sweeping clean?

I think Connor Mountain will be Scunthorpe bound

According to the Sppedway Star (again), James Shanes is struggling to recover from injuries, and will cut down on his speedway racing, to concentrate on grasstrack and longtrack, so unlikely to be back.  Ash Morris did not show up well last year.

Shanes was labelled as a decent prospect back in 2017. Did not ride in a 2nd tier team, only as a guest. Averaged over 5 in his season at Sheffield. The following year. 

Edited by mikebaker

James is/ was a very skilled rider and could beat anyone at PB on his day....his below par gating and long injury list  has hindered his progress.

Cracking lad and wish him well

• Like 1

If the choice was shanes or Morris, who would people go for.

It's a no brainer for me, but I'd love to know what the brummies fans think.

18 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Well, exactly...no-one at Starry Speedway has said that the first rider will be on a season-long contract, have they?  It could be another of those "until the Swedish season starts" kind of contracts. It might even feature a guarantee that in the event of sustaining a season ending injury, the team won't be redeclared with a replacement rider, so that they don't have to feel lonely and like they've been thrown onto the scrap heap.

Maybe Harris   No doubt prefers midweek and does tend to move around each season in Championship 

53 minutes ago, Spittaler said:

Maybe Harris   No doubt prefers midweek and does tend to move around each season in Championship 

But it would be more fun if he went to Glasgow, eh @Jaizer ;)

15 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

It's a no brainer for me, but I'd love to know what the brummies fans think.

Neither would be the most popular answer I think !?

We need to freshen things up IMO!

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2022 at 9:45 AM, *JJ said:

According to the Sppedway Star (again), James Shanes is struggling to recover from injuries, and will cut down on his speedway racing, to concentrate on grasstrack and longtrack, so unlikely to be back.  Ash Morris did not show up well last year.

Better suited to another motorbike sport, grasstrack similar to Wajtknecht or Mulford.

• Like 2

On 11/15/2022 at 5:13 PM, Diamonds85 said:

I think both were injured on my visits to PB in 2022, but from seeing both for much of 2019 & 2021, Morris is the more capable Speedway rider, Shanes gating lets him down.  Morris could hold his own as a second string, Shanes will never be anything more than a reserve.