British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2023

2 minutes ago, The H Man said:

Who would you have gone for then?  

See previous post....throw Bomber in to that list!

Just now, GiveusaB said:

He's a good Championship rider , but definitely NOT on a 10 plus average!

How did he get his 10 pt average then.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

See previous post....throw Bomber in to that list!

Oh no, Bomber has to go to Glasgow if just for my own entertainment on here ;):D

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

He averaged 10.78 at Home and 8.10 Away last season.

I don't believe he'll average that high at PB....may be 9, if he gets used to the track? but I've never seen him have a great meeting at PB ?

Just my opinion.

The first three riders signed up is a good start and gives the fans some continuity from last season. Someone mentioned Alfie Bowtell as another possible and I would like to see him in the team, as I recall seeing him round PB and thinking he has a liking for the track. Fingers crossed there is some truth in what the other poster suggests. Not keen on Nick Morris, as his average makes the team too reliant on one rider and, as has been pointed out previously, I don't remember him having an outstanding meeting at PB. Bomber has also been suggested, which I would not be entirely against, as he is one of British Speedway's great entertainers, but I would prefer to see someone different at PB this year.

In an "ideal world" I would like to see Tom Brennan and Dan Thompson as the next two on the list. Both young Brits with masses of promise and talent. I could see both of them being capable of upping their averages next year. On the downside, I am sure they are in great demand to ride for other teams, so maybe we might struggle to make them a good enough offer. 

Finally, would love to see Danny King back in the red B. Poole will need to let some heat leaders go, so if Danny is available to join the Brummies for a season, he would bring loads of experience to the side and make the ideal captain. Personally, I would love to see him back, as I have missed his board scrapping rides round the outside of the track.

Therefore, my ideal team would have been

• Justin Sedgmen 7.04
  • Stefan Nielsen 4.82
  • Danny King 8.06
  • Dan Thompson 5.09
  • Tom Brennan 6.71
  • Alfie Bowtell 4.28
  • James Pearson 4.00

I think, if I've got the averages right (with the Brit reductions), that team would total 40 points.

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

Tom Brennan, (Kyle Howarth or Danny King) and (Paul Starke or James Wright)

I agree 

king number one 

Brennan 3/5 

starke depends on average 

Probz will be Bowell if the management havnt got any money 

18 minutes ago, Brummies23 said:

I agree 

king number one 

Brennan 3/5 

starke depends on average 

Probz will be Bowell if the management havnt got any money 

Unnecessarily below the belt!!:party:

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Brummie Boy said:

The first three riders signed up is a good start and gives the fans some continuity from last season. Someone mentioned Alfie Bowtell as another possible and I would like to see him in the team, as I recall seeing him round PB and thinking he has a liking for the track. Fingers crossed there is some truth in what the other poster suggests. Not keen on Nick Morris, as his average makes the team too reliant on one rider and, as has been pointed out previously, I don't remember him having an outstanding meeting at PB. Bomber has also been suggested, which I would not be entirely against, as he is one of British Speedway's great entertainers, but I would prefer to see someone different at PB this year.

In an "ideal world" I would like to see Tom Brennan and Dan Thompson as the next two on the list. Both young Brits with masses of promise and talent. I could see both of them being capable of upping their averages next year. On the downside, I am sure they are in great demand to ride for other teams, so maybe we might struggle to make them a good enough offer. 

Finally, would love to see Danny King back in the red B. Poole will need to let some heat leaders go, so if Danny is available to join the Brummies for a season, he would bring loads of experience to the side and make the ideal captain. Personally, I would love to see him back, as I have missed his board scrapping rides round the outside of the track.

Therefore, my ideal team would have been

• Justin Sedgmen 7.04
  • Stefan Nielsen 4.82
  • Danny King 8.06
  • Dan Thompson 5.09
  • Tom Brennan 6.71
  • Alfie Bowtell 4.28
  • James Pearson 4.00

I think, if I've got the averages right (with the Brit reductions), that team would total 40 points.

Decent selection....but I think some of these averages are slightly under based on what I've seen on another thread?

6 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Decent selection....but I think some of these averages are slightly under based on what I've seen on another thread?

The other threads are probably wrong or do not include the reduction for Brit riders.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

King is 8.05

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

He's a good Championship rider , but definitely NOT on a 10 plus average!

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

He averaged 10.78 at Home and 8.10 Away last season.

I don't believe he'll average that high at PB....may be 9, if he gets used to the track? but I've never seen him have a great meeting at PB ?

Just my opinion.

He had a very good end of season(league) when Leicester were going for the no1 spot. Hence his 10 meeting average is 10+ but based over the season of 20 league meetings, his average was just below 9. Still excellent for a number 1

16 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

King is 8.05

Ooops! Maybe I have rounded the new reduced averages up, rather than rounding down.

Not sure what the official approach is as regards the calculations.

Bomber said a couple of weeks ago that he is moving down from Berwick to be with his family more,

so i think he will be back here, with hopefully if the points averages work out  Brennan Ruml and Complin.

Morris/Bowtell will NOT bring the fans back/in !

First 3 signings were expected and no doubt accepted....but we need some inspiration here on in !

Are there any possible combination of riders that will bring enough fans back/in? Generous quotes from average meetings last season was circa 500 (happy to be corrected) a 20% increase in attendances (and name me a promotion who wouldn't rip your arm off for that) would only bring crowds of 600. Spectators are easy to scare off and hard to tempt back.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bluenose said:

Bomber said a couple of weeks ago that he is moving down from Berwick to be with his family more,

so i think he will be back here, with hopefully if the points averages work out  Brennan Ruml and Complin.

Probably right with Complin