British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2023

2 hours ago, *JJ said:

The bad part of Perry Barr is south towards Birmingham. To the north is open suburbia with large houses ... access is very easy from the north down the A34 which is a dual carriageway. I park outside the warehouses on the Walsall road, being too tight to pay in the stadium car park! As for racing better at Leicester? What is he on?

It certainly is better. Way better from what I've witnessed. I've been to Birmingham twice and it's typical gate inside line and hold everyone off then usually gets a little more interesting towards the end of the meeting. At Leicester if you hold the inside line you usually get overtaken. And because it's tricky one little mistake costs you which makes it exciting. Just my opinion . And I'm on nothing for your information. It's an opinion. 

• Like 1

By all accounts the racing at Leicester was vastly improved last season but folk seem to base their opinions on the years prior to that. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

By all accounts the racing at Leicester was vastly improved last season but folk seem to base their opinions on the years prior to that. 

God going back to how it used to be Im amazed we got  the crowds we did. It was shocking

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

I only went to Leicester once last season and can only base my opinion on that, if it was an improvement on previous years, it must have been really bad in past years!!

12 minutes ago, Petecc said:

I only went to Leicester once last season and can only base my opinion on that, if it was an improvement on previous years, it must have been really bad in past years!!

I have been to Leicester quite a few times and in general, I would say, the racing is pretty good. there is always the odd poor meeting at any track, even Peterborough and Belle Vue have poor meetings sometimes.  This coming season with them being in the PL racing should be better in theory!

Edited by foreverblue

57 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Just having Chris Harris in the side will make for exciting racing at Leicester....

And his local track so that is good for him and will have more time for the fans.

Can you guys stop mentioning Witton FC,

had enough last season up to when the

station was opening , walking down Wet On Lane every match. ! grrrrrr

• Like 1

Can anyone confirm whats happened with josh auty. Is he carrying on?

If hes to carry he really needs his average reassesing, cant catch a break!

21 hours ago, FishersGate said:

It certainly is better. Way better from what I've witnessed. I've been to Birmingham twice and it's typical gate inside line and hold everyone off then usually gets a little more interesting towards the end of the meeting.

This is simply not true; at Perry Barr riders can overtake inside and outside anywhere. Can I suggest that you go more often?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, *JJ said:

This is simply not true; at Perry Barr riders can overtake inside and outside anywhere. Can I suggest that you go more often?

I would agree with this .

Last season, Terry did a terrific job of getting the track in a raceable condition.

Personally, I think,  B'ham's track has notoriously been one of the most fairest/most neutral in the country and that dates back to the 70's at the old PB !

We have minimal home advantage...IMO!

23 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Interesting as Erik Riss says he used to like the Leicester track but he doesn't now. 

34 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Last season, Terry did a terrific job of getting the track in a raceable condition.

Personally, I think,  B'ham's track has notoriously been one of the most fairest/most neutral in the country and that dates back to the 70's at the old PB !

Terry was there pre-season and a few times in the season when not at Poole and it was John Priest doing a great job on the track week in week out

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

I'm not sure what you mean about raceable condition.  If you mean fair to all riders, then yes it was, but minimal home advantage? We could ask John to add some potholes or some dusty bald patches , but it's not Leicester. :D

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Interesting as Erik Riss says he used to like the Leicester track but he doesn't now. 

Yep I think I'd seen that, what I would say is that there isn't always a direct correlation between what riders like and what entertains the paying customer.

• Like 3