British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2023

7 minutes ago, HGould said:

Very surprising. 

Completely lost form and confidence last few seasons he rode and from memory lots of shoulder issues. 

I'm assuming he's living in UK and not riding in Oz, so whilst a cheap option it's hard to get enthused. 

Can understand saving the pennies but I wonder how many matches he will actually ride in. 

Ty lives in Sheffield he is as far as I am aware living with his girlfriend Chelsea the daughter of Kelly Moran.

He has been working for the Bates family. 

People may not be impressed with this signing, but if you look at the other reserves in the league he's better than most (Not Zaine Kennedy, Jacob Hook, arguably Lee Complin, Kyle Newman, Jason Edwards, Joe Thompson perhaps), and if he can capture ANY sort of form should be pushing the likes of Alfie for that main body position again. I still think Birmingham's team looks the weakest in the league however...

59 minutes ago, HGould said:

Very surprising. 

Completely lost form and confidence last few seasons he rode and from memory lots of shoulder issues. 

I'm assuming he's living in UK and not riding in Oz, so whilst a cheap option it's hard to get enthused. 

Can understand saving the pennies but I wonder how many matches he will actually ride in. 

He actually didn't start last season 2 bad in the no2 position 

1 hour ago, DJC said:

Well I wasn’t expecting Proctor 

No one guessed that right! Maybe visa issues with Gino? 

On 2/27/2023 at 10:30 PM, secsy1 said:

Just remember who said it first :party:

Let me be the first to congratulate you.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

People may not be impressed with this signing, but if you look at the other reserves in the league he's better than most (Not Zaine Kennedy, Jacob Hook, arguably Lee Complin, Kyle Newman, Jason Edwards, Joe Thompson perhaps), and if he can capture ANY sort of form should be pushing the likes of Alfie for that main body position again. I still think Birmingham's team looks the weakest in the league however...

Think Proctor is the best 4.00 rider available tbh, he averaged 4.55 (5.52) in 2022, which is far better than Hook 2.78 (3.44) for example!

• Like 1

I think Proctor is a sensible choice, especially riding at reserve. Although his form in the French meeting, would put me off a little.

But if the option was Proctor who lives over here vs Manzares who would have to be flown from Sweden for each match, I'd 100% be going for Ty.

On 12/7/2022 at 6:50 PM, szkocjasid said:

Reposted below

Edited by szkocjasid

On 12/7/2022 at 12:31 PM, szkocjasid said:

If Bowtell gets signed, I'd go with Ty Proctor (if fit) for the final spot.

On 12/7/2022 at 6:50 PM, szkocjasid said:

1) I don't think Proctor is a gamble on a 4.00 ave (minimum for foreigners) - if he's poor just swap for another 4.00 rider

2) can you name someone better on a 4.00 ave?

I recommend Proctor on the 7th of December!

If he's good I'll remind everyone, if he's poor I'll delete this post lol!

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I recommend Proctor on the 7th of December!

If he's good I'll remind everyone, if he's poor I'll delete this post lol!

Get ready to delete.Agree regarding the average,he had a much higher average when Berwick signed him last season.

Edited by Fromafar

35 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I think Proctor is a sensible choice, especially riding at reserve. Although his form in the French meeting, would put me off a little.

Goret is a much better rider abroad, and Proctor is probably a much better rider over here

• Like 2

11 hours ago, zlata prilba said:

Well all you BSF know all boffins you never seen that one coming:rofl:

I think B'ham fans didnt want to see that one coming ? :D

8 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

I think B'ham fans didnt want to see that one coming ? :D

All I can see is fans of other clubs saying what a bad signing. Not going to be the push over they were hoping for?

6 minutes ago, Petecc said:

All I can see is fans of other clubs saying what a bad signing. Not going to be the push over they were hoping for?

Tbf they said the same to Berwick fans when they signed him last season! 

• Like 1