British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2023

19 hours ago, The Dog said:

Top dog  , now can you give 6 random numbers for the weekend?

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, rearingtogo said:

Don’t forget Tero Arnio

Arnio's got a 7.55 average, so no way Birmingham can fit him in. Unless they drop two riders and also bring in a 2pt rider

Not worth it then if a 2 pointer needed. Make reserve berth weak

I take it that the guest facility for James Wright will be reduced by 25% for the matches this week which means a guest with an average of a fraction over 4.00 or can they use rr ?, away at Plymouth is never easy but the home fixture against Edinburgh on wednesday should give the Brummies a good chance of gaining their first points of the season, win that and they can honestly say their season is up and running, lose it then I fear the worst.

2 hours ago, heathen52 said:

I take it that the guest facility for James Wright will be reduced by 25% for the matches this week which means a guest with an average of a fraction over 4.00 or can they use rr ?, nts of the season, win that and they can honestly say their season is up and running, lose it then I fear the worst.

Probably RR, as all of the team except Morris can take his rides.

3 hours ago, heathen52 said:

I take it that the guest facility for James Wright will be reduced by 25% for the matches this week which means a guest with an average of a fraction over 4.00 or can they use rr ?, away at Plymouth is never easy but the home fixture against Edinburgh on wednesday should give the Brummies a good chance of gaining their first points of the season, win that and they can honestly say their season is up and running, lose it then I fear the worst.

It’s Definitely a bottom of the table clash on Wed.

13 hours ago, heathen52 said:

Does the 25% reduction apply to rr eligibility too? 

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Does the 25% reduction apply to rr eligibility too? 

No because r/r is not available 

• Thanks 1

If Wright makes an appearance on Wednesday, but finds that he can't continue, does the Guest facility revert back to 100% average for the rest of season, or is the 28 day situation a rolling rule?

Reading between the lines, I can't see Wright coming back strong and making an impact....

23 hours ago, *JJ said:

Probably RR, as all of the team except Morris can take his rides.

I agree R/R will be the best option in the current circumstance, but we shouldn't have got in to this position in the first place!

We could have signed another rider Kemp/Thompson (D) and given Wright more time to heal ?

Just have to wait and see, but as Heathen 52 points out, if we get another drubbing, then it's going to hit attendance levels.

11 hours ago, arnieg said:

No because r/r is not available 

Why?  Not sure what you mean by R/R is not available ?

Is that because Wright hasn't taken part in any meetings?

Edited by GiveusaB

Even if RR is available (and it sounds like it isn't) surely it should be RR at 75% of Wrights average so only Alfie and the reserves could take the rides. 

52 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Why?  Not sure what you mean by R/R is not available ?

Is that because Wright hasn't taken part in any meetings?

Yes.   Same situation as Wolves.   Wright hasn't ridden this season, so Birmingham only get a facility for a maximum of 28 days, and that has now expired.  They're not entitled to a facility anymore.

AFAIK Wright is riding on Wednesday.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PotteringAround said:

Yes.   Same situation as Wolves.   Wright hasn't ridden this season, so Birmingham only get a facility for a maximum of 28 days, and that has now expired.  They're not entitled to a facility anymore.

AFAIK Wright is riding on Wednesday.

Yes...he must be...we're already a weak side...surely we can't risk being any weaker!

11 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Even if RR is available (and it sounds like it isn't) surely it should be RR at 75% of Wrights average so only Alfie and the reserves could take the rides. 

Unless Wright comes back 100% fit from the off.... then we're in trouble!

I'm guessing that Edinburgh will use Harris as a guest ?