British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2023

14 minutes ago, Petecc said:

Correct (ish)  no guest facility only R/R.. 

Correct...but we can have a guest for James Wright whom is no where near fit/on pace.

9 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Isn't it no facility anyway? So revert back to Stefan Nielsen and if been longer than 28 days it is a guest up to 75% of his average. Think that is what happened at Wolves with Becker. 

9 hours ago, Petecc said:

I thought the "no facility" rule meant you had to use a guest up to 75% of the missing riders average & can't use r/r?

If so they'd be much better reverting back to Nielsen to use r/r than a 3.82 guest for Dan.

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 2

They will use a guest for Wright and R/R for Dan....(unless Wright has made a miraculous recovery from his last showing....)

18 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

So, D.T out for our next 2 matches...guessing no guest facility as he hasn't rode for us yet ? Therefore....suggest we use a guest for James Wright and R/R for D.T.

18 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Isn't it no facility anyway? So revert back to Stefan Nielsen and if been longer than 28 days it is a guest up to 75% of his average. Think that is what happened at Wolves with Becker. 

18 hours ago, Petecc said:

18 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Correct...but we can have a guest for James Wright whom is no where near fit/on pace.

9 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I thought the "no facility" rule meant you had to use a guest up to 75% of the missing riders average & can't use r/r?

If so they'd be much better reverting back to Nielsen to use r/r than a 3.82 guest for Dan.

21 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

They will use a guest for Wright and R/R for Dan....(unless Wright has made a miraculous recovery from his last showing....)

If hardened fans get into a lather about what's going on, how do you explain it to a newcomer to the sport? Or more importantly, how do you expect a newcomer to take it seriously? And you wonder why the likes of Deano, myself and many others who have been long time fans of the sport are fed up with it now?
Anyway, my understanding is - James Wright - he was passed fit 2 weeks ago. Not being "on the pace" is no reason to have a guest or RR for him. Not seen or heard anything to suggest that he's been given another doctors note to say he's unfit again. You either ride him in your team or you sack him and replace him with someone else. As for Dan Thompson, he's not ridden for the team yet, so no facility should apply for him. EXCEPT that there is a "facility-lite" for when "proper" facilities don't apply, so that's a guest up to 75% of his average. But this being speedway of course, the rules are made up as we go along, so basically anything can (and probably will) happen.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

If hardened fans get into a lather about what's going on, how do you explain it to a newcomer to the sport? Or more importantly, how do you expect a newcomer to take it seriously? And you wonder why the likes of Deano, myself and many others who have been long time fans of the sport are fed up with it now?
Anyway, my understanding is - James Wright - he was passed fit 2 weeks ago. Not being "on the pace" is no reason to have a guest or RR for him. Not seen or heard anything to suggest that he's been given another doctors note to say he's unfit again. You either ride him in your team or you sack him and replace him with someone else. As for Dan Thompson, he's not ridden for the team yet, so no facility should apply for him. EXCEPT that there is a "facility-lite" for when "proper" facilities don't apply, so that's a guest up to 75% of his average. But this being speedway of course, the rules are made up as we go along, so basically anything can (and probably will) happen.

Who's wondering ???

Yes, you're quite right about explaining rules etc....(or trying....) But, I don't think a newcomer will give a monkey's about rules/regs, if they haven't seen, or been to a meeting before, then one would assume that they'll revel in the speed/skill of the riders?

As for Wright? I agree, not being on the pace isn't a valid reason for not being fit, but it is definitely a worthy excuse...he could be suffering...we are going to be desperate Friday and next Wednesday, so it would make sense to use the rules to some advantage.....a guest for Wright and R/R for D.T is the only option unless we sign a 'quality' replacement for Wright? Not sure who's out there apart from Mathew Whethers. or Drew Kemp ? I've been critical of the Managers signings/tactics, but He definitely knows the rules/regs and I'm hoping he'll come up with something......

20 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

So, D.T out for our next 2 matches...guessing no guest facility as he hasn't rode for us yet ? Therefore....suggest we use a guest for James Wright and R/R for D.T.

No mention of this on the club website, what's happened ?

9 minutes ago, StephenMiller said:

Got concussion in Peterborough Vs Leicester on Mon. 

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

Who's wondering ???

Yes, you're quite right about explaining rules etc....(or trying....) But, I don't think a newcomer will give a monkey's about rules/regs, if they haven't seen, or been to a meeting before, then one would assume that they'll revel in the speed/skill of the riders?

As for Wright? I agree, not being on the pace isn't a valid reason for not being fit, but it is definitely a worthy excuse...he could be suffering...we are going to be desperate Friday and next Wednesday, so it would make sense to use the rules to some advantage.....a guest for Wright and R/R for D.T is the only option unless we sign a 'quality' replacement for Wright? Not sure who's out there apart from Mathew Whethers. or Drew Kemp ? I've been critical of the Managers signings/tactics, but He definitely knows the rules/regs and I'm hoping he'll come up with something......

Signed for Scunthorpe

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Who's wondering ???

The newbies I’ve been bringing for a few months now have started asking questions. One 14 year old asked “why do some riders ride for us one week, then for the other team the other weeks?” It really does feel like one or two riders have done that at PB this season so far. I haven’t checked but a youngster has picked up on something .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If Wright rode & struggled because he wasn't fit yet, then the blame must surely go in the shoulders of the promotion for not replacing him?

Dan T was available for the first match, even just as a temporary replacement for Wright. Had they done that, they wouldn't have needed Wright to attempt to ride when not fit!

Ow Paul Starke has been dropped is he worth a shot in place of Weight / Dan T / Nielsen?

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I Ow Paul Starke has been dropped is he worth a shot in place of Weight / Dan T / Nielsen?

Starke usually rides Perry Barr very well, so probably would be if his average fitted ?

5 hours ago, StephenMiller said:

Dan made a close inspection of the fence at Peterborough and was withdrawn from the meeting due to concussion protocols.

8 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

.....a guest for Wright and R/R for D.T is the only option...

Last I saw, R/R and Guests come under the heading of "facilities".  To be eligible for a facility, you need to have ridden for the team. So, no facility (R/R or otherwise) for Thompson.

The second qualifier for a facility is that you have to be medically unfit. We are now 2 weeks past the point when Wright was declared FIT to ride, and was fit enough to score 4 points. So that's him out of that facility reckoning. 

The third qualifier is that a rider withholds his services, incurring a 28-day ban. 

What you are suggesting is that the Brummies sink to Poole's level (which we are unanimously in awe of, aren't we?) and essentially cheat. You are suggesting that LR bends or breaks the truth, or persuades Wright to either feign an injury / reaction to injury, or to enter into a dispute that will lead to him walking out on the club, just to fiddle a facility for the sake of not losing by as many as we are going to lose by at Glasgow anyway.  Well, if that's the way forward, then don't expect to retain any fans with any sense of dignity on the terraces. But as you have said that you are not attending for as long as LR is team manager, you won't notice the difference, will you?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Stefan neilson has been re - declared in the 1 to 7 so that RR can be used. 2 weeks on and Wright will be fitter than he was against Edinburgh. Who's confused?

• Like 1