British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2023

13 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Last I saw, R/R and Guests come under the heading of "facilities".  To be eligible for a facility, you need to have ridden for the team. So, no facility (R/R or otherwise) for Thompson.

The second qualifier for a facility is that you have to be medically unfit. We are now 2 weeks past the point when Wright was declared FIT to ride, and was fit enough to score 4 points. So that's him out of that facility reckoning. 

The third qualifier is that a rider withholds his services, incurring a 28-day ban. 

What you are suggesting is that the Brummies sink to Poole's level (which we are unanimously in awe of, aren't we?) and essentially cheat. You are suggesting that LR bends or breaks the truth, or persuades Wright to either feign an injury / reaction to injury, or to enter into a dispute that will lead to him walking out on the club, just to fiddle a facility for the sake of not losing by as many as we are going to lose by at Glasgow anyway.  Well, if that's the way forward, then don't expect to retain any fans with any sense of dignity on the terraces. But as you have said that you are not attending for as long as LR is team manager, you won't notice the difference, will you?

I think you've been drinking too much Holy water !

20 hours ago, Petecc said:

Stefan neilson has been re - declared in the 1 to 7 so that RR can be used. 2 weeks on and Wright will be fitter than he was against Edinburgh. Who's confused?

I don't think confused covers it. In what other sport can you declare a team that doesn't stand a chance of taking to the track? In particular Nielsen. Nielsen was dropped. Now his name is being taken in vain, in order to get a facility. That's pulling the wool over the fans' eyes. And the rules allow for it. 

How does all this crap work?  What's in it for Nielsen? As soon as Thompson is fit, he'll be out again, and at risk of being unemployed if Thompson rides to his potential. And how do the BSPZzz allow for a rider who is medically unfit be introduced as part of a redeclared team? Surely one of the rules that HAS to be looked at, is that only riders fit and able to ride should be part of a redeclared team. And the sooner the better,

Well done Laurence Rogers for exposing yet another set of rules that makes a mockery out of the sport.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, uk_martin said:

I don't think confused covers it. In what other sport can you declare a team that doesn't stand a chance of taking to the track? In particular Nielsen. Nielsen was dropped. Now his name is being taken in vain, in order to get a facility. That's pulling the wool over the fans' eyes. And the rules allow for it. 

How does all this crap work?  What's in it for Nielsen? As soon as Thompson is fit, he'll be out again, and at risk of being unemployed if Thompson rides to his potential. And how do the BSPZzz allow for a rider who is medically unfit be introduced as part of a redeclared team? Surely one of the rules that HAS to be looked at, is that only riders fit and able to ride should be part of a redeclared team. And the sooner the better,

Well done Laurence Rogers for exposing yet another set of rules that makes a mockery out of the sport.

What about a rule that stops clubs signing a rider who is medically unfit to ride?;)

17 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Surely using a guests or r/r for a rider who got injured racing for you (Nielsen) is better than a guest fir a rider who has never ridden for you (Dan T)?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Any thing controversial you just use “ In the best interest of the Sport rule “ no arguments.It’s handy at times.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, uk_martin said:

I'm not sure what it is you are expecting.  The rules used are the rules agreed at the agm. If you can think of a better way to resolve the current problems with the rules please clarify. I agree there must be a better way but I can't think of one.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Silver Cheetah Snr said:

Could anybody tell me how easy it is to park at Birmingham now please

How good a driver are you.!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Silver Cheetah Snr said:

All the info is on the Brummies main site.

Dont park at the one stop shopping centre.

On 6/5/2023 at 6:01 PM, Brummies_Ste said:

Dont park at the one stop shopping centre.

Why not?  The 4-hour parking restriction ends at 7pm, After that it's unrestricted. It says so, not exactly in black and white, but definitely in dark blue and white on one of many notices posted around the One Stop Shopping Centre. So, the way I see it, you can arrive any time after 3pm, use up your 4 free hours and then you free to stay after that in unrestricted time.

25 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

Why not?  The 4-hour parking restriction ends at 7pm, After that it's unrestricted. It says so, not exactly in black and white, but definitely in dark blue and white on one of many notices posted around the One Stop Shopping Centre. So, the way I see it, you can arrive any time after 3pm, use up your 4 free hours and then you free to stay after that in unrestricted time.

No

The signs state.

Parking allowed up to 4 hours between 0830-2000 on Wednesdays.

If you want to risk  it that's up to you.

I took a photo of the sign in March which I have on my phone, if its changed since  then I 

Apologise. 

On 6/5/2023 at 4:25 PM, Silver Cheetah Snr said:

Park on Holford lane...it's 5 mins walk from there. You can have my space tonight ! LOL

Shocking team selection once again.

16 hours ago, Brummies_Ste said:

No

The signs state.

Parking allowed up to 4 hours between 0830-2000 on Wednesdays.

If you want to risk  it that's up to you.

I took a photo of the sign in March which I have on my phone, if its changed since  then I 

Apologise. 

Ok, I apologise...it's 8pm not 7pm. So you can still park any time after 4pm, stay for 4 hours and then take advantage of unrestricted time. 

Anyone planning on arriving before 4pm will obviously be affected. As to just who you expect to need to park up more than 2 hours before the stadium opens, and therefore what impact that will have, I'll leave it to you to explain.