British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2023

5 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

I think losing at home to Redcar put paid to our play off hopes....so there's no point now?

Rumour has it that we're using 'Pickering' as a guest tomorrow v Scunthorpe....an Edinburgh rider ? 

Really ??? :D

It's certainly not over for Birmingham, especially as Edinburgh could lose at home to Poole, then Brummies can try & do the same.

Surely Pickering wouldn't guest for Edinburgh's main rivals for 6th spot?

Edited by szkocjasid

CURTIS SPORT BRUMMIES: Josh Pickering, Stefan Nielsen, Troy Batchelor, Alfie Bowtell, Justin Sedgmen, Sam Hagon, Paul Starke.

SCUNTHORPE: Ryan Douglas, Connor Mountain, Simon Lambert, Michael Palm Toft, Jake Allen, Nathan Ablitt, Drew Kemp.

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

It's certainly not over for Birmingham, especially as Edinburgh could lose at home to Poole, then Brummies can try & do the same.

The riders don’t care it’s money.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Yep - it's the stuff that pays the bills. The stuff no doubt you and I work for as well. This is business, and Pickwickering has got his business head on. None of your Mills & Boone romance novels here. And good on him for it. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Petecc said:

Now if 1 of the brum weak links is taken ill on the drive up, brum could use 2 poole guests and make sure of the win.

Have they scrapped the 8-day rule for guest bookings now?

3 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

58 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

Yep - it's the stuff that pays the bills. The stuff no doubt you and I work for as well. This is business, and Pickering has got his business head on. None of your Mills & Boone romance novels here. And good on him for it. 

Maybe I shouldn't be, but I am shocked that Pickering is doing all he can to knock Edinburgh from a top 6 spot.

@uk_martinbut if Edinburgh miss out on the play-offs that's 4 less meetings for him. Unless of course he guests for Morris in the play-offs for Brummies!

49 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

Jason Edwards is guesting for Plymouth today, but he rofe there for Redcar last week?

18 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Maybe I shouldn't be, but I am shocked that Pickering is doing all he can to knock Edinburgh from a top 6 spot.

@uk_martinbut if Edinburgh miss out on the play-offs that's 4 less meetings for him. Unless of course he guests for Morris in the play-offs for Brummies!

Josh is all talk, his bank account is what actually matters and knocking his own side potentially out the play offs won’t bother him.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, uk_martin said:

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Jason Edwards is guesting for Plymouth today, but he rofe there for Redcar last week?

That is not a problem as is not "guesting" twice in an 8 day period(unless for no 1 or an NDL rider)

Edited by IronScorpion
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Josh has already guested for Birmingham this season. This month in fact. Maybe even more than once? Can't be bothered checking.

11 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Josh is all talk, his bank account is what actually matters and knocking his own side potentially out the play offs won’t bother him.

Perhaps Monarchs fans could take to social media and see if they can force a change of heart, like they did previously (last season?).

Or we could just get on with our lives, agree the play offs are Americanised garbage and it would be embarrassing for a team which has been as woeful as ours to even qualify for such a competition.

Play offs have gone a long way towards killing the sport in this country. Sadly, those at the top apparently don't think along the same lines.

Don't think it matters who guests tonight?

Scunthorpe will take their 3rd victory of the season at PB!

All of Scunthorpe's riders go well at PB....'Douglas' is nigh-on unbeatable!

12 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Maybe, who knows?

My point about the 8-day rule was in response to the suggestion that the Brummies could use a Poole rider as a guest in the second half of a double header where Poole are the first half team.

50 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Don't think it matters who guests tonight?

Scunthorpe will take their 3rd victory of the season at PB!

All of Scunthorpe's riders go well at PB....'Douglas' is nigh-on unbeatable!

You're so negative for a Birmingham fan (I'm assuming)

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

Maybe, who knows?

My point about the 8-day rule was in response to the suggestion that the Brummies could use a Poole rider as a guest in the second half of a double header where Poole are the first half team.

Logic would suggest they should be allowed to guest in a double header, after riding for your own team, saves travel expenses, better for the environment etc but speedway & logic don't often go together