British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Swedish GP Malilla Saturday July 15th 2023

43 minutes ago, mikebv said:

To be fair, 2nd bike possibly spun up a bit.?

You saw, as Dan was ready to make the move, Martin lost his back wheel for a split-second. Not enough to cause any real problem, but he lost his forward momentum, and Dan jumped on it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, chunky said:

You saw, as Dan was ready to make the move, Martin lost his back wheel for a split-second. Not enough to cause any real problem, but he lost his forward momentum, and Dan jumped on it.

A fair result IMO there was no malice in Freddie's move just over did it  glad to see both alright plus shaking hands and for me Bart still has a healthy lead after getting off the deck .

Edited by FAST GATER
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, FAST GATER said:

A fair result IMO there was no malice in Freddie's move just over did it  glad to see both alright plus shaking hands and for me Bart still has a health lead after getting off the deck .

Agree Freddie does some hard moves but that race the bike just ran away from him 

Doyle shocking night but is currently in the top 6 in the world in pure merit so the people on here saying he shouldn’t be in it are talking out of their backsides. 
Should we also kick Madsen out because he might not be top 6????

Top 6 of Zmarzlik, Holder, Lindgren, Vaculik , Bewley and Doyle … if it stays like that do people think riders like Madsen , Dudek, Lambert , Janowski,Fricke shouldn’t be in??? I’d love to see the names of riders who are better than Doyle and Tai 

Not everyone can be world champion you will always have riders that can do well on the odd night but won’t threaten the top 6…. Doesn’t mean they aren’t in the top 16 in the world though.

There is a changing of the guard that’s for sure with riders like Doyle and Tai and Janowski not performing and younger riders like Bewley and Holder coming forward and getting better …. Thing is Zmarzlik isn’t slowing down yet and these youngsters aren’t quite up to his consistency yet but it will come 

• Like 4

Agree about the drone footage, but better than the awful helmet cam view

27 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Good coverage from Eurosport apart from the drone footage .

The drone pics were terrible, the riders were infinitesimally small and at 45° in the image. It added nothing whatsoever to the experience.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Zmarzlik isn’t slowing down yet

37 minutes ago, Gavan said:

He's only 28 yrs old he could go on like this for the next 5 yrs at least , that's the problem for  Bewley and Lambert  he has now become more consistent as well . As KT said tonight a bad night for Bart is good night for most of the others ,he's just that much better than the rest and except for injury I think he will stand  a good chance of getting 7 world titles he's aiming for .

Edited by FAST GATER

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Doyle shocking night but is currently in the top 6 in the world in pure merit so the people on here saying he shouldn’t be in it are talking out of their backsides. 

Top 6 of Zmarzlik, Holder, Lindgren, Vaculik , Bewley and Doyle … if it stays like that do people think riders like Madsen , Dudek, Lambert , Janowski,Fricke shouldn’t be in??? I’d love to see the names of riders who are better than Doyle and Tai 

Not everyone can be world champion you will always have riders that can do well on the odd night but won’t threaten the top 6…. Doesn’t mean they aren’t in the top 16 in the world though.

There is a changing of the guard that’s for sure with riders like Doyle and Tai and Janowski not performing and younger riders like Bewley and Holder coming forward and getting better …. Thing is Zmarzlik isn’t slowing down yet and these youngsters aren’t quite up to his consistency yet but it will come 

Three of those yes. New faces will reinvigorate it. 

While Lindgren made a very poor move, I guess you could call it reckless, I didn't think it was any worse than Zmarzlik's challenge on Madsen in the last round. Different result as Lindgren clattered his opponent (& was rightly excluded) while Zmarzlik pushed his opponent (who stayed on) to the fence.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Their was a gap he went for it 

There was a gap, he was entitled to go for it, but needs to avoid knocking his opponent off when attempting it!

3 hours ago, CB252 said:

I kind of blame Martin for that. He seemed to lose all his momentum on the outside and invited the move with Lindgren under pressure from Dan.

Certainly not a malicious move from Fred.

Not sure I understand the logic of blaming Martin for his line! Speedway riders are allowed to ride wide, there is no rule that says you have to ride the inside or your opponents can run into you!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

Good points, if you put the top 15 riders in the world in the GP, then more than half of them will fail to make the top 6! Doesn't mean they aren't GP standard, it's simple maths 15 into 6 doesn't fit!

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Three of those yes. New faces will reinvigorate it. 

If the organisers want to see new names each year all they have to do is stop seeding riders & make everyone qualify, of course they can't control who's in the field doing that!

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 3

Regards Vaculik and Lindgren, Lindgren committed to a gap and Vaculik spun up and parked the bike meaning gap closed real quick. Lindgren had no where to go, Vaculik was turning back. In rerun Vaculik again spun up mid corner and this time shut off and pulled back a little as Dan went through. Very close again to crashing and route cause was both times Vaculik spinning up and losing traction. If Dan had of touched and Vaculik went down Dan would have been out but not his fault. The other point was when Lambert was taken down on 1st bend Leberdevs should have been disqualified as no bunching, he just chose not to turn,