British Speedway Forum
mc131

Berwick 2023

I'm expecting Coles & Stoneman to spearhead the team. Can't see Greg Blair getting dropped, so does that leave room for Ace Pijper?

6 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I'm expecting Coles & Stoneman to spearhead the team. Can't see Greg Blair getting dropped, so does that leave room for Ace Pijper?

25.22 with them 3 can't see Ace being at berwick 

1 minute ago, mc131 said:

25.22 with them 3 can't see Ace being at berwick 

It’s a shame if he’s not. He needs NL to

continue his early development. 

4 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

He will be in nl Workington no doubt with being at Glasgow on Fri 

Edited by mc131

4 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

I'm sure he'd get another club if not at Berwick.

16 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I think Stoneman may still ride for Oxford

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Heedthebaw said:

I often think the benefit of doubling up at the same track loses some of the benefits especially tracks that host a lot of double headers as the sharpening NDL meeting takes place after the main CL meeting and when the rider is already a bit knackered so midweek doubling up for Stoneman/Coles would be a big benefit (if their equipment can stand up to the rigours of it all)

4 hours ago, Heedthebaw said:

Makes sense, he lives there, works full-time at their stadium and was a valued heat-leader for the Chargers last season. Having said that, he's already proved popular as a Bandit, not least by refusing to give up when behind, and would certainly be welcome as a Bullet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, crescent girl said:

Makes sense, he lives there, works full-time at their stadium and was a valued heat-leader for the Chargers last season. Having said that, he's already proved popular as a Bandit, not least by refusing to give up when behind, and would certainly be welcome as a Bullet.

He`d be even more popular if he wasn't behind in the first place.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Taken from facebook

THE LEGACY CONTINUES!
Ladies and Gentleman please give a warm Shielfield Park welcome back to Greg Blair for 2023!
The ultra popular Jedburgh based rider will also captain the Bullets side for the upcoming season and team manager Gary Flint adds,
 “Greg has proven to be a leader in the pits and on the track and we have no doubt that he is the man for the captains role.
He’s a huge part of the club and his popularity on and off the track is largely down to his charisma and never give up attitude.
His family history with the club is also legendary. For those who aren’t aware, Greg’s great grandparents founded Berwick Speedway back in 1968 and to be heading into 2023 with Greg being a big part of the action is very exciting”.
Blair missed the last meeting of 2022 due to injury but a strict fitness regime and some time to refocus is working a treat and he adds,
 “ I’m beyond thrilled to be back for my third season with the Bullets and to top it off being asked to be captain of my home club is a massive honour for me!
The last two seasons have been amazing, I’ve loved every minute of being a Speedway rider again and I’ve met some incredible people which have opened new doors in my life too.
I’ve been hosting a live chat show and doing some presenting on the British Speedway Network & I really don’t think this would have been possible if it hadn’t been for the birth of the Bullets and to that I’m forever grateful.
I hope everyone has a lovely Christmas and I’ll see you all trackside in the new year x”
Stay tuned for all things Berwick Speedway right here!
  • Like 3

Wonder if Kyle may stay with us now assuming Ace may not be with us and Luke is away too! 

9 minutes ago, Bandits4eva said:

Wonder if Kyle may stay with us now assuming Ace may not be with us and Luke is away too! 

Don't think that will happen 

This team fits exactly!

Berwick  
Connor Coles 8.80
Greg Blair 7.75
Ace Pijper 6.90
Archie Freeman 5.29
Luke Muff 4.78
Mason Watson 4.41
Ben Rathbone 4.07
Total 42.00