British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bojangles

Oxford Chargers 2023

7 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Why Garrad then? Don't get me wrong he seems like a great option on a 3.00 average and I am glad he's got a team place, just curious as to what Shroeck's take on him is? Think Garrad at reserve could do a decent enough job

He's a local lad, born in Thame I think. Maybe they just want to give him a chance because of that as well? That's one of the reasons they were so keen on Stoneman (born in Wales, but lives in Oxfordshire I believe).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Credit to Oxford for that attitude, just feel it could cost them the league title!

Oxford should make the top two regardless, so maybe Killeen will be back for the playoffs. That would still make them hot favourites.

1 hour ago, Bojangles said:

Oxford should make the top two regardless, so maybe Killeen will be back for the playoffs. That would still make them hot favourites.

Exactly. Big IF that Killeen comes back, though.

As I understand it a rider that is not contracted can only guest for the same club twice so I think it makes sense to sign Garrard as a fixture & if Killeen is fit for the end of season play offs then the reverse switch can be made.

14 hours ago, Technik said:

As I understand it a rider that is not contracted can only guest for the same club twice so I think it makes sense to sign Garrard as a fixture & if Killeen is fit for the end of season play offs then the reverse switch can be made.

Garrad is in for Dugard, though. Killeen is still part of the line-up. If Killeen is fit before the end of the season, they'll both be in the team.

15 hours ago, Technik said:

1 hour ago, Bojangles said:

Garrad is in for Dugard, though. Killeen is still part of the line-up. If Killeen is fit before the end of the season, they'll both be in the team.

As @Bojangles points out the reserves now are Garrard & an unnattatched 3.00 guest for Killeen, with Clouting in the top 5. Favourites to make the play-offs, but once they are there who knows?

Oxford now facing Glasgow on Wed 20th Sep, so presume the Monarchs Academy match will be moved now.

2 hours ago, Bojangles said:

Oxford now facing Glasgow on Wed 20th Sep, so presume the Monarchs Academy match will be moved now.

Now confirmed as 27 Sept

• Thanks 1

Chargers away match at Leicester now booked for 23rd Sept.