British Speedway Forum
hawks 1975

KENT ROYALS 2023

So Si has said that he's hoping to have 4 of last season's team back for 2023.

Which 4 do the fans want?

I'd love to see Alfie back, but will we go with a such a strong top two again? Ben Morley I would guess is a certainty, and I would suspect Joe Alcock is also, given his starting average, albeit it's a gamble that he can return and produce the form he was showing prior to his nasty smash. My fourth bet would be Connor King, who showed plenty of spirit after he joined.

Our having such a strong top two did us proud at Iwade in all those last heat deciders, but our lack of strength lower down saw us struggle away. 

Given the loss of Plymouth, and the possibility of Mildenhall riders also becoming available, the choice of riders might be such that a more balanced side is preferable. What would the Iwade faithful prefer?

Personally I would like to see Jack Kingston in the seven, and a young hopeful at reserve. Is Sonny Springer too young still?

Si did brilliantly last year to get such a side together so late in the day. This year he will have more time and choice.

I'm looking forward to it already, as I look out at the snow!

22 minutes ago, hawks 1975 said:

So Si has said that he's hoping to have 4 of last season's team back for 2023.

Which 4 do the fans want?

I'd love to see Alfie back, but will we go with a such a strong top two again? Ben Morley I would guess is a certainty, and I would suspect Joe Alcock is also, given his starting average, albeit it's a gamble that he can return and produce the form he was showing prior to his nasty smash. My fourth bet would be Connor King, who showed plenty of spirit after he joined.

Our having such a strong top two did us proud at Iwade in all those last heat deciders, but our lack of strength lower down saw us struggle away. 

Given the loss of Plymouth, and the possibility of Mildenhall riders also becoming available, the choice of riders might be such that a more balanced side is preferable. What would the Iwade faithful prefer?

Personally I would like to see Jack Kingston in the seven, and a young hopeful at reserve. Is Sonny Springer too young still?

Si did brilliantly last year to get such a side together so late in the day. This year he will have more time and choice.

I'm looking forward to it already, as I look out at the snow!

Have to agree with you hawks. Morley, King & Alcock must be nailed on.

I would add Ben Trigger to the wanted list & I would also like to see Ablitt back at Kent if Si can see past his non arrival at Edinburgh. 

Alcock nailed on, King and Morley likely as others have covered. Danno retired, Halder and Woods highly unlikely so straight scrap between Bowtell, Woolley and Watts. Alfie is the obvious pick but Sam was the management favourite all year. 

To be fair the side did incredibly well considering the loss of/lack of a 3rd heat leader all season coupled with some managerial bloopers along the way. I hope that the 4 are actually signed up or negotiations and the Xmas party are going to be awkward.  

1 Alfie Bowtell 10.67
2 Connor King 4.16
3 Nathan Ablitt 7.20
4 Joe Alcock 4.36
5 Ben Morley 9.29
6 Sam Woolley 3.27
7 Chris Watts/Sam Woods 3.00

Not sure who's more popular between Chris Watts and Sam Woods. Although that is 6 returning, but it shows the possibilities.

Edited by Diamonds85

49 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:
1 Alfie Bowtell 10.67
2 Connor King 4.16
3 Nathan Ablitt 7.20
4 Joe Alcock 4.36
5 Ben Morley 9.29
6 Sam Woolley 3.27
7 Chris Watts/Sam Woods 3.00

Not sure who's more popular between Chris Watts and Sam Woods. Although that is 6 returning, but it shows the possibilities.

Think Watts wins that vote amongst both riders and fans. Swap Ablitt for Tom Woolley and it would create a strong unit as well as a competitive one.

I also rate Ben Trigger, and I wonder whether another of last year's Centurions might be in the frame in Rhys Naylor? 

• Like 1

How about this line up.

1. Ben Morley.               9.29

2. Rhys Naylor.              4.52

3. Jack Kingston.         6.45

4. Ben Trigger.               6.00

5. Nathan Ablett.          7.20

6. Joe Alcock.               4.36

7.  Connor King.            4.16

TOTAL.                          41.98

• Like 1

Strength in depth Dave 1075, but perhaps not the top end strength for away? 

How about:

1. Alfie Bowtell          10.67

2. Joe Alcock              4.36

3. Jack Kingston        6.45

4. Connor King           4.16

5. Ben Morley             9.29

6. Jacob Clouting      4.07

7. Sonny Springer hopefully, or Chris Watts 3.00

total  42.00!

I notice that Jack Kingston had the 9th best away average in the league! He goes well at Iwade, could be a trump card.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, hawks 1975 said:

Strength in depth Dave 1075, but perhaps not the top end strength for away? 

How about:

1. Alfie Bowtell          10.67

2. Joe Alcock              4.36

3. Jack Kingston        6.45

4. Connor King           4.16

5. Ben Morley             9.29

6. Jacob Clouting      4.07

7. Sonny Springer hopefully, or Chris Watts 3.00

total  42.00!

I notice that Jack Kingston had the 9th best away average in the league! He goes well at Iwade, could be a trump card.

Sonny is only just 14 so not old enough 

Does Max's 11.73 NDL average from last season carry over into this one? (Im genuinely not sure how the points system works) He only a couple of few meetings, is that right?

14 minutes ago, Wardey said:

Does Max's 11.73 NDL average from last season carry over into this one? (Im genuinely not sure how the points system works) He only a couple of few meetings, is that right?

Yes it will he at least had 4 at home not sure how many he did away 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mc131 said:

Yes it will he at least had 4 at home not sure how many he did away 

Thanks. Hope that doesnt stop him from getting a NDL place this season