2-Glasgow

3-Oxford

4-Plymouth

5-Scunthorpe

6-Redcar

7-Birmingham-

8-Edinburgh

9-Berwick

Interesting! No judgement from me but most people have put Redcar top, I'd love to know the reasoning why you have put them 6th? 

21 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Interesting! No judgement from me but most people have put Redcar top, I'd love to know the reasoning why you have put them 6th? 

Would hazard a guess that his reasoning for it is that it is his opinion.

• Like 1

1- Redcar

2- Plymouth

3- Glasgow

4- Oxford

5- Poole

6- Berwick

7- Scunthorpe

8- Edinburgh

9- Birmingham

1.Poole

2.Redcar

3.Glasgow

4.Scunthorpe

5.Birmingham

6.Plymouth

7. Edinburgh

8. Oxford

9. Berwick

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Hi there Lisa.

You might or might now know that each season I produce My Top 2O Riders  lists which are based on their most recent results. I have simply applied their previous season's efforts to see how they might continue into 2023. I know that some will improve but based on how they finished up my 2023 prediction is based on this. 

Regards BB

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

Would hazard a guess that his reasoning for it is that it is his opinion.

Bit boring not to discuss it further though on a discussion forum?

I'd disagree with BarrowBoy, for example Oxford have far too long a tail to be finishing anywhere near third if in the Play Offs at all, and Redcar have strength all the way through so they will be top two or three IMO. Glasgow top as long as Ace Pjiper is OK. 

1 hour ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

Hi there Lisa.

You might or might now know that each season I produce My Top 2O Riders  lists which are based on their most recent results. I have simply applied their previous season's efforts to see how they might continue into 2023. I know that some will improve but based on how they finished up my 2023 prediction is based on this. 

Regards BB

Ah okay. :t: I knew it was going to be a method I hadn't thought of doing. Thanks for saying :) 

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Bit boring not to discuss it further though on a discussion forum?

I'd disagree with BarrowBoy, for example Oxford have far too long a tail to be finishing anywhere near third if in the Play Offs at all, and Redcar have strength all the way through so they will be top two or three IMO. Glasgow top as long as Ace Pjiper is OK. 

There you go @Gazc , you are officially boring :D:P

2 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

What surprises me is that it has taken so long for the Dugard family to make this decision to drop speedway once and for all at Arlington.

If we are to believe  the current bunch of “promoters”, none make an operating profit … they just throw their money in as some sort of hobby, and then whinge at the lack of support from fans. 
Why would the Dugard family ( who are very successful businessmen) want to be involved in such a poor and high risk investment as renting out their stadium for speedway ? 

Never blessed with good crowds in recent years…. I would guess that the late Bob Dugard personally kept the speedway going with his £££.. That era is now over. Reading the SS this week Len Silver reckons 250k will be needed to revive Sittingbourne Central Park … a figure which must apply to restarting Eastbourne ( and any other hopeful venues) so DREAM ON folks ……..

9 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Don’t know how anyone could put a positive spin on “ the stadium is no longer available for speedway.” ? 

Unless Elon Musk takes an interest in buying the entire site from Eric for e cars and likes speedway enough to retain the stadium it ain’t gonna happen.

3 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Poole to win everything again is my prediction. 

How many clubs will complete season 2023 ?  

We all know the current situation, your last 3 posts over the last 3 hours, perhaps you should start your own thread Old Bob's Negative Posts Thread and put them in there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Tbh it doesn't matter where teams finish in the top 6 (apart from 1st). Wether Redcar finished 2nd or 6th would still mean waiting to see which teams the "winners" pick?

In theory teams should either be aiming for 1st or "top 6"

Edited by szkocjasid

Redcar still the pick for me as well. Look the standout side with very few weaknesses. 

19 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Ah okay. :t: I knew it was going to be a method I hadn't thought of doing. Thanks for saying :) 

There you go @Gazc , you are officially boring :D:P

Tut tut Lisa it’s only official if it’s officially announced.

• Haha 1

I like that Redcar are touted to be winners by a lot of other teams supporters, BUT we all know that incidents throughout the season, injuries, team changes, amongst others will affect the results, I hope that all riders have a injury free season and we will see who will be Champions in December!!!!!!!???? lol

2 hours ago, Gazc said:

Tut tut Lisa it’s only official if it’s officially announced.

Didn't @Bagpuss officially announce it? ;):D:P