British Speedway Forum
Pauldoveyspeedway

Predictions for Prem 2023 as teams stand ...

8 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

This argument has been trotted out time and again over the last year or two. The GP’s, Poland, Timbuktu are all completely irrelevant to what happens here. He was more dominant here last season than he’s ever been hence his 10 And a half point average! He was literally head and shoulders above everybody. Bewley out performed him in the GP’s last season and will be the closest to him here no doubt, but I’ll wager he won’t topple Doyle in the averages here at the end of the season. This time last year there were people on here who like you’re doing now, we’re saying Doyle would be demoted to 4th best Aussie as Fricke, Kurtz and Holder would all overtake him. They all finished miles off!

Doyle is a class act in this league...No better  rider to have in heats 13 and 15 ...Ipswich  did well last year and will do even better  this year with Emil in....

• Like 1

The numbers don't lie, if every rider in the league maintained their rolling average, Belle Vue & King's Lynn are Play-Off finalists comfortably. 

As we know, speedway isn't like that. 

Personally, Ipswich are the favourites for me. Any team can be 10-12 up after 9, but when you have Doyle, Sayfutdinov & King to close a meeting, those points can be wiped out in an instant.

In the real world, how likely is it these 3 stay uninjured? Very very unlikely imo

3 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

If the tail end score some points they will be fine ...id say Ipswich  over Sheffield...once Rew has settled in ....

I know who I’d rather have for my team at the bottom end for supporting the heatleaders , Bellego/Howarth/Kerr v Rew/Riss/Hulme there’s only one winner there and that’s Sheffield 

4 minutes ago, 4BM said:

I know who I’d rather have for my team at the bottom end for supporting the heatleaders , Bellego/Howarth/Kerr v Rew/Riss/Hulme there’s only one winner there and that’s Sheffield 

3 man teams is it? Holder Ellis and Musielak v Doyle Sayfutdinov and King, only one winner there too. Ipswich aren’t finishing bottom think you’re trying to be a bit edgy there. Sure everyone is entitled to their opinion obviously but come on there is no way you can seriously think all the other 6 teams look stronger. 

15 minutes ago, Aries said:

3 man teams is it? Holder Ellis and Musielak v Doyle Sayfutdinov and King, only one winner there too. Ipswich aren’t finishing bottom think you’re trying to be a bit edgy there. Sure everyone is entitled to their opinion obviously but come on there is no way you can seriously think all the other 6 teams look stronger. 

Not trying to be edgy just my opinion, Doyle was far and out the best rider in the league last year and can’t see why this year will change that (maybe Bewley will push him) and love watching Emil, I’m just hoping for his and Ipswich’s sake that Poland/Torun don’t start throwing their weight about making him miss any UK meetings for their ‘training’ sessions and other nonsense, the Ekstraliga teams are very precious about their own and they’ll class Emil as that when they want too, luckily in the leagues below they don’t seem as controlling well that’s how it looked with Musielak last year anyway . The inconsistencies of King and Riss would be my main concern as an Ipswich fan and also Rew will take some time to get going especially after a bad knock and as he’s not rode at many of the UK tracks.  Personally just want it to be an exciting league with all 7 teams in with a shout of the play offs 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

The numbers don't lie, if every rider in the league maintained their rolling average, Belle Vue & King's Lynn are Play-Off finalists comfortably. 

As we know, speedway isn't like that. 

Personally, Ipswich are the favourites for me. Any team can be 10-12 up after 9, but when you have Doyle, Sayfutdinov & King to close a meeting, those points can be wiped out in an instant.

In the real world, how likely is it these 3 stay uninjured? Very very unlikely imo

Ipswich  will take some beating ...if its close at the end  Jason and Emil will take some beating...

1 hour ago, Aries said:

Ipswich  have the edge on the heat leaders for me ...

Given the teams as they are now

1    Belle Vue            
2    Sheffield             
3    Ipswich      
4    Peterborough        
5    Leicester            
6    King's Lynn         
7    Wolverhampton

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Has Emil ever ridden Ipswich? 

Ipswich were a second division side during his spell with Coventry in 2011 so I assume not.

Sheffield

Belle Vue

Leicester

Ipswich 

Peterborough

Wolves

King's Lynn:sad:

20 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

He's  a quality  rider will take to any track....on that Ave aswell ....got to be right ...

He is but it's not the easiest track to master and pile in points 

Evan as a witches fan I would say Sheffield have the strongest overall package,, especially when you take into account their home advantage. Bellego will score like another number 1 at home,,, where as Riss won't be scoring like a number 1 at home,, also Kerr will score reasonable points everywhere,,, not so sure we could say the same of Rew/Hume 

Edited by Baldyman

I think we can all agree this is the toughest prediction of who comes where for a long long time. Every team has a case for making the play offs. I keep changing my predictions every day. It's actually fantastic. Didn't want Leicester to move up initially but now I'm a little bit more excited for the season ahead.  

• Like 1