British Speedway Forum
Pauldoveyspeedway

Predictions for Prem 2023 as teams stand ...

10 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

It should  be based on  2 home 2 away league averages...10 rolling leaves it open to fiddle...

7 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

And using 2 home 2 away would leave it more open to manipulation. Someone could drop from a 10 point average to 4 within a month. Very handy at the end of the season!!!

7 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

It was always that before ...10 is No good...

6 hours ago, RoundTheBoards said:

No it wasn't.

In the past averages were based on every league match in the season.  They still should.   Rolling averages should be based on the number of league matches in a season.  10 is too few to get a fair average.

3 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

What are you on about?  The fewer meetings it’s based on, the worse it is. Are you you seriously saying an average is better based on 4 meetings than 10? If so you know nothing about speedway! Imagine the scenario, Ipswich guaranteed a playoff place with 4 meetings still to ride, Emil and Doyle could drop their average to 4 and start the next season as reserves. That’s better though hey!

I'm guessing Pauldoveyspeedway meant counting the averages from both A&B fixtures, home & away i.e all League fixtures, as that makes more sense than a 4 match rolling ave?

So either he didn't explain it well, or he's gone mad lol!

It's like living in an echo chamber reading some of Pauldoveyspeedway posts,most of them make no sense .

Edited by Tommy Sweetman
Wrong thread
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

What are you on about?  The fewer meetings it’s based on, the worse it is. Are you you seriously saying an average is better based on 4 meetings than 10? If so you know nothing about speedway! Imagine the scenario, Ipswich guaranteed a playoff place with 4 meetings still to ride, Emil and Doyle could drop their average to 4 and start the next season as reserves. That’s better though hey!

Wake up ...i didnt say that .home and away twice ...get it ...so last year 20 matches....

1 hour ago, Tommy Sweetman said:

It's like living in an echo chamber reading some of Pauldoveyspeedway posts,most of them make no sense .

U just cant read ...As if i was going to say 4 matches..

6 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I'm guessing Pauldoveyspeedway meant counting the averages from both A&B fixtures, home & away i.e all League fixtures, as that makes more sense than a 4 match rolling ave?

So either he didn't explain it well, or he's gone mad lol!

Course i ment home and away ...A and B league fixtures...

Now all teams are finished can revise my prediction:

1. Sheffield

2. Belle Vue

3. Kings Lynn

4. Wolverhampton

5. Ipswich

6. Peterborough

7. Leicester

Edited 24/3 - realised Belle Vue will get lots of bonus points

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

U just cant read ...As if i was going to say 4 matches..

20 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

It should  be based on  2 home 2 away league averages...

2+2 = ?    *cough*  *cough*

Belle Vue - Outstanding no 1 with a solid looking team right down the order, Lidsey and Brennan are the key in my opinion but look very likely to make the play offs.

Ipswich - Excellent top two but have question marks in a few positions lower down, they will need King to get back to his best and Rew to kick on to do any good.

Kings Lynn - Solid looking team right down the order but look to be lacking in the heat leader department, to many question marks for my liking and not sure Jakobsen will save them either.

Leicester - Gone for the top heavy look but have paid the price at the bottom which looks very suspect, Fricke and Harris will score good points everywhere but the key will be Lawson and Morris.

Peterborough - Plenty of experience but I think it will come down to how well the middle order go, Basso and Cook have potential but question marks remain against Andersen and Worrall.

Sheffield - Another solid looking team headed by a good no 1 but they are clearly banking on Bellego to step up and Kerr to produce last years form, they do look likely to make the play offs.

Wolverhampton - Same old same old at Monmore but to do any good they need serious improvement from Becker and Douglas, I think they will hold their own at MG but could struggle on the road.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

1. Sheffield

2. Kings Lynn

3. Belle Vue

4. Wolverhampton

5. Ipswich

6. Peterborough

7. Leicester

KL second and Wolves fourth? Interesting! 

4 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

1. Sheffield

2. Kings Lynn

3. Belle Vue

4. Wolverhampton

5. Ipswich

6. Peterborough

7. Leicester

I hope your right. I could live with that :t:

1. Sheffield

2. Belle Vue

3. Ipswich

4. Peterborough

5. Leicester

6. Wolves

7. Kings Lynn

2 hours ago, Kryten said:

1. Sheffield

2. Belle Vue

3. Ipswich

4. Peterborough

5. Leicester

6. Wolves

7. Kings Lynn

All makes good sense based on "what we know now" - However, which clubs/promotions will have the cash/courage/ability to ring the changes if things don't go according to plan?
Or which promoters/team managers do we think have put a team together which they feel will not make the playoffs and thus do nothing about improving their prospects once the season is well under way. 
For me Leicester (SD) will not stand idle should playoff prospects look bleak - for that reason alone Lions will be in top 4. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Should be a good season ....Tough to predict...nice to see some big names coming back ...

Certainly a tough one to predict for me, don't think there will be big difference between 4th & 7th

• Like 2