British Speedway Forum
Pauldoveyspeedway

Predictions for Prem 2023 as teams stand ...

8 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Sheffield  do look good...not so sure about BV ...not as strong  as last year ...

Make ya mind up,,, you said no to me when I put Sheffield,,, :rofl:

Very difficult to do while not all teams have been filled.

But here goes.

(1) Belle Vue

(2) Sheffield

(3) Wolves

(4) Leicester

(5) Peterborough

(6) Kings Lynn

(7) Ipswich

But that can change depending who Ipswich and Peterborough bring in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Flappy said:

The panthers proposed team with the top 3 of NKI, Holder, Tungate mixes it with Sheffield and Belle Vue so that's the top 3 for me and Ipswich 

Even if Ipswich get Emil,, we will still have basically 3 reserves,, and one of those new to nearly all tracks

1. Sheffield (Unbeatable at Home and should win the vast majority of away fixtures too imo)

2. Peterborough (Only if NKI, C. Holder & Tungate are in the 1-7, Nailed on for the wooden spoon if Andersen & Worrall are both in though, Not being biased but if the 1-5 contains Basso, Tungate, NKI & C. Holder then Peterborough will run riot at Home in 2023 much like Belle Vue did in 2022, Ben Cook is a very shrewd signing imo who will score very well on the big tracks imo)

3. Ipswich (This will raise a few eyebrows imo, If Doyle/Emil is the top two then that's great but the rest of the team will need to perform as well, Rew possibly in the 1-5 with no UK experience and coming off an injury, No power scoring reserve if Emil signs and King will have to recapture his old form by putting in solid shifts every week as the 3rd HL)

4. Belle Vue (I think they've made a mistake in letting Matej Zagar go tbh, Just my personal opinion I think they look a HL short next season compared to other teams)

5. Leicester (Surprising? I think the Lions team building has fallen off a cliff with the last couple of signings and I don't think they'll do much on the road next season unless Nick Morris drastically improves his away from, Dan Thompson failing to get a ride in the Championship isn't good for himself or Leicester imo, Justin Sedgmen isn't good enough to ride in the 1-5 and Jake Allen is a risky signing because he hasn't been good for the last couple of years in either league)

6. King's Lynn (Doesn't have the firepower to compete in the big Heats, KL is a team relying too heavily on the No.6 to clean up every week just to stay in meetings imo)

7. Wolverhampton (Risky side from top to bottom and they'll be found wanted next season imo, Masters may struggle at No.1 considering some of the Elite names being rumoured for British Speedway, How long will Rory take to settle in?, Can Douglas finally figure out Monmore?, Zach Cook has very limited experience on Premiership tracks so it's just one too many questions marks for me)

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

Make ya mind up,,, you said no to me when I put Sheffield,,, :rofl:

Does contradict himself at times,saying Flint is the best RS by far,but also saying in an earlier post he's hopeless around Monmore.

16 minutes ago, Tommy Sweetman said:

Does contradict himself at times,saying Flint is the best RS by far,but also saying in an earlier post he's hopeless around Monmore.

He is ...but still the best RS....by far ....

50 minutes ago, TTT said:

1. Sheffield (Unbeatable at Home and should win the vast majority of away fixtures too imo)

2. Peterborough (Only if NKI, C. Holder & Tungate are in the 1-7, Nailed on for the wooden spoon if Andersen & Worrall are both in though, Not being biased but if the 1-5 contains Basso, Tungate, NKI & C. Holder then Peterborough will run riot at Home in 2023 much like Belle Vue did in 2022, Ben Cook is a very shrewd signing imo who will score very well on the big tracks imo)

3. Ipswich (This will raise a few eyebrows imo, If Doyle/Emil is the top two then that's great but the rest of the team will need to perform as well, Rew possibly in the 1-5 with no UK experience and coming off an injury, No power scoring reserve if Emil signs and King will have to recapture his old form by putting in solid shifts every week as the 3rd HL)

4. Belle Vue (I think they've made a mistake in letting Matej Zagar go tbh, Just my personal opinion I think they look a HL short next season compared to other teams)

5. Leicester (Surprising? I think the Lions team building has fallen off a cliff with the last couple of signings and I don't think they'll do much on the road next season unless Nick Morris drastically improves his away from, Dan Thompson failing to get a ride in the Championship isn't good for himself or Leicester imo, Justin Sedgmen isn't good enough to ride in the 1-5 and Jake Allen is a risky signing because he hasn't been good for the last couple of years in either league)

6. King's Lynn (Doesn't have the firepower to compete in the big Heats, KL is a team relying too heavily on the No.6 to clean up every week just to stay in meetings imo)

7. Wolverhampton (Risky side from top to bottom and they'll be found wanted next season imo, Masters may struggle at No.1 considering some of the Elite names being rumoured for British Speedway, How long will Rory take to settle in?, Can Douglas finally figure out Monmore?, Zach Cook has very limited experience on Premiership tracks so it's just one too many questions marks for me)

Masters 4 wolves isnt the strongest number  1...may struggle  away from home ...

Don't think Emil will come so based on that

Sheffield 

BV

P'boro

Wolves

Lynn

Ipswich

Leicester

However there are only fag papers between several sides so the liklihood of that being correct is remote!

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

Don't think Emil will come so based on that

Sheffield 

BV

P'boro

Wolves

Lynn

Ipswich

Leicester

However there are only fag papers between several sides so the liklihood of that being correct is remote!

Difficult  one to call....K.Lynn look the worst ...K.k is good when he gets in front ...when at the back gives up ..brilliant  one minute...loose to the R S next race ..

3 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Sheffield lack a bit at 2 and 4 for me...Bellego and Howarth.....Not great away....Bv...not as strong as last year .wolves could be a surprise...if reserves score sum point...best RS in league ...by far ..

Looking at their 2022 results there is little to split Bellego and Ellis, so given that Bellego could end up a heat leadercat Ellis' expense I don't see how you can consider him to weak as a second string.

Remember Bellego rides in the Polish Ekstraliga which is more than you can say for most Premiership heatleaders.

1 hour ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Difficult  one to call....K.Lynn look the worst ...K.k is good when he gets in front ...when at the back gives up ..brilliant  one minute...loose to the R S next race ..

Simple solution, put him at number 3 at home & 4 away, won't meet a RS lol!

Edited by szkocjasid

34 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Looking at their 2022 results there is little to split Bellego and Ellis, so given that Bellego could end up a heat leadercat Ellis' expense I don't see how you can consider him to weak as a second string.

Remember Bellego rides in the Polish Ekstraliga which is more than you can say for most Premiership heatleaders.

Most prem riders do both ...prem and champ....occasional polish 2nd division...

No idea on the supposed signing rumours just going by what has been mentioned on here, not that the majority look hopeful however.

1. Sheffield - head and shoulders on paper and can’t see many teams getting close.

2. Belle Vue - not as strong as the Tigers but still stronger than the rest. A ringer in Lidsey certainly helps.

3. Wolves - solid again but will need the likes of Becker or Douglas to really step up and one of the reserves. Dark horses.

4. Leicester - decent top end.

5. Ipswich - will Emil really sign? Can’t see it personally however looks a long tail.

6. Peterborough - let’s hope the supposed rumours are true otherwise another long season for the Panthers.

7. Kings Lynn - Any team with KK at the top end is likely to struggle. Solid side tho. They will all need to step up.

Edited by stevebrum
Missing words