British Speedway Forum
Pauldoveyspeedway

Predictions for Prem 2023 as teams stand ...

4 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Most prem riders do both ...prem and champ....occasional polish 2nd division...

Which rather proves my point how much better than MOST Premiership riders Bellego is.

27 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Which rather proves my point how much better than MOST Premiership riders Bellego is.

He averaged 4.40 for Ipswich as recent as 2019 and was chopped for Edward Kennett. Granted the track at Foxhall didn’t suit him and he’ll find Sheffield much more to his liking, but he was still pretty dreadful pretty much everywhere. On some of the bigger tracks where you’d expect him to do well, he scored 4 from 4 at Peterborough, 2 at Kings Lynn and shockingly a big fat zero at his former track at Swindon! He did score a decent 10 at Belle Vue though. 

Edited by Arch Stanton

Sheffield

leicester

wolves

belle vue

Kings Lynn

ipswich

Petersborough

Will be a close year , a must win at home, experienced in uk premier league tracks an advantage

Edited by Spiderman1

18 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Cant see that ..Sheffield 2 and 4 can be a bit unreliable away from home .Bv arnt as strong as last year ...only won league  because  of the stunt they pulled with R.Lambert...fair play to them ...it worked

Beat Sheffield on aggregate over the 4 meeting during the league season with Max, so why wouldn't we of done it in the final. No one will ever know the answer to that, but to say we only won because we got Lambert on a short term contract is very short sighted.

11 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

He averaged 4.40 for Ipswich as recent as 2019 and was chopped for Edward Kennett. Granted the track at Foxhall didn’t suit him and he’ll find Sheffield much more to his liking, but he was still pretty dreadful pretty much everywhere. On some of the bigger tracks where you’d expect him to do well, he scored 4 from 4 at Peterborough, 2 at Kings Lynn and shockingly a big fat zero at his former track at Swindon! He did score a decent 10 at Belle Vue though. 

Dont rate him .....unreliable..

1 hour ago, hyderd said:

Beat Sheffield on aggregate over the 4 meeting during the league season with Max, so why wouldn't we of done it in the final. No one will ever know the answer to that, but to say we only won because we got Lambert on a short term contract is very short sighted.

But true....

37 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Dont rate him .....unreliable..

He’s ok in my opinion, inconsistent but a lot of them are. I’d lump him in with the R Worrall’s and Riss’, 6 point middle order men. No more no less

8 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

He’s ok in my opinion, inconsistent but a lot of them are. I’d lump him in with the R Worrall’s and Riss’, 6 point middle order men. No more no less

True.....No H.L......

Sheffield have to be favourites with one of Bellego, Kerr or Howarth at reserve all season

Belle Vue look weaker , Bewley and Lidsey for Zagar and Fricke

My side Ipswich with Emil ok without him bottom

1. Sheffield 

2. Leicester

3. Ipswich (with Emil) 

4. Belle Vue

5. Peterborough

6. Wolves

7. Kings Lynn

If Emil doesnt sign and we get Batch and Worrall put Ipswich bottom and move everyone up 1

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

I'd say Bellego is a better rider than he was in 2019. Also 18 of his 24 league matches will be on big tracks next season. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gavan said:

Sheffield have to be favourites with one of Bellego, Kerr or Howarth at reserve all season

Belle Vue look weaker , Bewley and Lidsey for Zagar and Fricke

My side Ipswich with Emil ok without him bottom

1. Sheffield 

2. Leicester

3. Ipswich (with Emil) 

4. Belle Vue

5. Peterborough

6. Wolves

7. Kings Lynn

If Emil doesnt sign and we get Batch and Worrall put Ipswich bottom and move everyone up 1

Wolves could be Dark horses...Depends on the reserves..They will stay at 6 and 7 all season...

1 minute ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Wolves could be Dark horses...Depends on the reserves..They will stay at 6 and 7 all season...

Not sure about Leicester....good  at home but vunerable away ....This bonus point will make it more interesting ....big home wins are essential...

Just now, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Not sure about Leicester....good  at home but vunerable away ....This bonus point will make it more interesting ....big home wins are essential...

As 4 your team need another top rider ..Emil would be good  especially  with Doyle and him in 13 and 15 ....No better  in league...