British Speedway Forum
edmon

Monarchs Academy 2023

15 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Is William Lawson still going?

Still riding bikes but now on race tracks than oval circles.

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Still riding bikes but now on race tracks than oval circles.

Shame, thought he'd do alright at NL but never really seemed to get back into it on his return?

I'm guessing Kyle Bickley, Jacob Hook and Josh Embleton are nailed on... After that I just have no idea... Maybe one of Berwick's tail from last season? Douglas, Watson or Rathbone? Surely Berwick aren't using all 3... Kyran Lyden back? But it's the third heatleader and number 4 that's missing in my mind really, someone from the south perhaps? Sam Hagon still hasn't been signed, but that's a hell of a long journey

23 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Shame, thought he'd do alright at NL but never really seemed to get back into it on his return?

I'm guessing Kyle Bickley, Jacob Hook and Josh Embleton are nailed on... After that I just have no idea... Maybe one of Berwick's tail from last season? Douglas, Watson or Rathbone? Surely Berwick aren't using all 3... Kyran Lyden back? But it's the third heatleader and number 4 that's missing in my mind really, someone from the south perhaps? Sam Hagon still hasn't been signed, but that's a hell of a long journey

Watson signed for the Bullets

2 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Is Lawson making good money out of NDL speedway any good for the Sport.There is no way Armadale made any money out of running NDL Speedway last season IMO.

2 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

He’s not interested in the NDL can’t be bothered with the travelling for the away matches for it. 

I’d guess the few named will be in the side with one or two surprises.

Edited by Mr Blobby

Armadale Devils becomes the Edinburgh Monarchs Speedway Academy. A good change from the club, this gives a proper pathway for younger riders to develop through the academy and also allows a fresh start to the NDL as recent seasons haven’t been great.

Looking forward to 2023, it should be a very competitive league.

• Like 1

Really like the new way the club have gone showing great initiative once again. Gives a good clear pathway for the younger generation from the academy to the NJL to the NDL and then onto the monarchs. 

shame about josh not being able to commit due to work hopefully see him back sooner rather than later. 
https://www.edinburghmonarchs.co.uk/news-centre/article/2023-01-17/edinburgh-monarchs-academy-enter-national-development-league?fbclid=IwAR2qgEW8UbmfCSytI488SulkxOIM_c6_1tmOs6Vw4kJJI0-H4QiFqVJBmtE

On 1/15/2023 at 2:32 PM, Diamonds85 said:

Embleton has gone to Berwick, Douglas , Rathbone and Lyden yet to be named in any team, Hagon to Belle Vue.

Shame about josh as work commitments meaning he’s having to move away from the side for the time being with them being a Friday night. Hopefully see him return in the near future.

2 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Embleton has gone to Berwick, Douglas , Rathbone and Lyden yet to be named in any team, Hagon to Belle Vue.

Don’t think embleton is doing any NDL this year but could be wrong.

40 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Don’t think embleton is doing any NDL this year but could be wrong.

I think you are, but I'm only trying to read between the lines on his Facebook status!

2 minutes ago, StevePark said:

I think you are, but I'm only trying to read between the lines on his Facebook status!

Berwick?

13 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Berwick?

Has been suggested on here that is where he is heading........

3 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

5 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Really like the new way the club have gone showing great initiative once again. Gives a good clear pathway for the younger generation from the academy to the NJL to the NDL and then onto the monarchs. 

shame about josh not being able to commit due to work hopefully see him back sooner rather than later. 
https://www.edinburghmonarchs.co.uk/news-centre/article/2023-01-17/edinburgh-monarchs-academy-enter-national-development-league?fbclid=IwAR2qgEW8UbmfCSytI488SulkxOIM_c6_1tmOs6Vw4kJJI0-H4QiFqVJBmtE

I had to laugh at this comment though:

"By retiring the Armadale Devils moniker, young riders can now fully focus on their development in the sport with the Monarchs. We hope they will dream of reaching the Monarchs Academy team and then graduating into a fully-fledged Monarch thereafter."

Are they suggesting young riders weren't fully focussed on their development because the team was called Armadale instead of Edinburgh?

• Haha 2