British Speedway Forum
edmon

Monarchs Academy 2023

Armadale Devils will once again take their place in the NDL :):):)

• Like 7

Good news that the devils are back in action next year. Should be a more competitive side this year than last. 

Brilliant news for the club and the NDL.

Not sure how many of last years side will be there next season. I doubt we’ll see Complin back now and Tom, Danny & Elliot are elsewhere. Would love to see Josh return as he was progressing well towards the end of the season. I fancy there may be a couple of surprises in the 1-7.

41 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Good news that the devils are back in action next year. Should be a more competitive side this year than last. 

Does this mean Armadale have got their wish to include Jacob Hook?

58 minutes ago, arnieg said:

I have no idea. 

But if allowing a young Commonwealth rider to ride in an NDL team affiliated to his parent CL club will mean an extra team in the NDL -- and therefore places for half a dozen aspiring British riders who wouldn't otherwise get a chance -- then bring it on!

Edited by crescent girl
tidying up grammar
  • Like 7

10 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

I have no idea. 

But if allowing a young Commonwealth rider to ride in an NDL team affiliated to his parent CL club will mean an extra team in the NDL -- and therefore places for half a dozen aspiring British riders who wouldn't otherwise get a chance -- then bring it on!

I see it different to you mate even though I'm not opposed to this in principle if every club had a commonwealth rider that would be 8 British riders without a place . Should only be allowed after all British riders of a competitive level have a spot

• Like 3

Rather then developing riders for other Countries (Team GB would see no benefit in helping them).

I'd rather see British riders who only have the 1 team (Or 0 at all) who aren't part of the Fast Track system ride as a teams Number 1 and be Captain of that side and pass on the knowledge they've been given (From Team Mates in the higher league), Actually help the British riders get more racing instead of other Countries benefitting from it.

Danyon Hume (If he doesn't get a top flight ride)

Connor Mountain (If he doesn't get a top flight ride)

Simon Lambert

Adam Roynon

Ashley Morris

Stefan Nielsen

James Shanes

Lee Complin

Alfie Bowtell 

Etc

(Yes most have been riding years but most of them have never had any backing from The GB Set-up that the Youngsters do now)

Edited by Fozzie4388
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Rather then developing riders for other Countries (Team GB would see no benefit in helping them).

I'd rather see British riders who only have the 1 team (Or 0 at all) who aren't part of the Fast Track system ride as a teams Number 1 and be Captain of that side and pass on the knowledge they've been given (From Team Mates in the higher league), Actually help the British riders get more racing instead of other Countries benefitting from it.

Danyon Hume (If he doesn't get a top flight ride)

Connor Mountain (If he doesn't get a top flight ride)

Simon Lambert

Ashley Morris

Stefan Nielsen

James Shanes

Lee Complin

Alfie Bowtell 

Etc

(Yes most have been riding years but most of them have never had any backing from The GB Set-up that the Youngsters do now)

These are the exact riders that SHOULD be riding in the NDL... So many unused British riders who could pass on so much knowledge to younger riders... It's ridiculous they're frozen out for being too good and too experienced

• Like 3

3 hours ago, arnieg said:

Guess we’ll soon find out when they start announcing the 7.

Be interesting to see how Armadale build their team, presumably with the lack of riders coming that far north they'll have to build a very top heavy team, with Kyle Bickley almost nailed on? Personally I'd rather not see Jacob Hook in the NL and one of the riders mentioned above instead. Something like:

1 Simon Lambert 10.40
2 George Rothery 4.92
3 Danny Phillips 6.86
4 Josh Embleton 3.92
5 Kyle Bickley 9.58
6 Gregor Millar 3.17
7 Kyran Lyden 3.00

Not the best but who else would make the long journey north? Especially now that Lee, Tom and Elliot have all been snapped up by other teams

50 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Be interesting to see how Armadale build their team, presumably with the lack of riders coming that far north they'll have to build a very top heavy team, with Kyle Bickley almost nailed on? Personally I'd rather not see Jacob Hook in the NL and one of the riders mentioned above instead. Something like:

1 Simon Lambert 10.40
2 George Rothery 4.92
3 Danny Phillips 6.86
4 Josh Embleton 3.92
5 Kyle Bickley 9.58
6 Gregor Millar 3.17
7 Kyran Lyden 3.00

Not the best but who else would make the long journey north? Especially now that Lee, Tom and Elliot have all been snapped up by other teams

I’d say you’ve got 2 maybe 3 correct. Rest are definitely wrong.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr Blobby said:

I’d say you’ve got 2 maybe 3 correct. Rest are definitely wrong.

Yes, all complete guesses, just can't think of who they will sign, looking forward to hearing an announcement, do you know if they're going to do a livestream announcement of the whole team like they have done in previous seasons?

13 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Yes, all complete guesses, just can't think of who they will sign, looking forward to hearing an announcement, do you know if they're going to do a livestream announcement of the whole team like they have done in previous seasons?

Probably not, down the advent calendar this year with the monarchs. So will probably just announcements via social media and the website.