British Speedway Forum
edmon

Monarchs Academy 2023

3 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I do think the team manager should pay more attention to the riding order away from home, Hook took 3 rides on the trot (13,14,15) easily avoidable by either swapping Hook & Roynon round, or swapping Roynon & r/r around so Hook gets his extra ride in heat 12 (still gets 2 on the trot, but not 3)

Think you’re being over critical, Hook won his R/R heat and was never guaranteed to be in 15. 

On 6/24/2023 at 10:22 PM, szkocjasid said:

I do think the team manager should pay more attention to the riding order away from home, Hook took 3 rides on the trot (13,14,15) easily avoidable by either swapping Hook & Roynon round, or swapping Roynon & r/r around so Hook gets his extra ride in heat 12 (still gets 2 on the trot, but not 3)

On 6/25/2023 at 1:48 AM, GM95 said:

Think you’re being over critical, Hook won his R/R heat and was never guaranteed to be in 15. 

I'll have to disagree with you & stick with my suggestion mainly because it's such an easy swap to make - Hook & Roynon are very similar standard of rider, so whoever is at 5 & the other at 3 or 4 should have little to no bearing on the teams performance. Plus Edinburgh only had 3 riders who were going to be in heat 15 so he had a two thirds chance of getting 3 on the trot?

4 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I'll have to disagree with you & stick with my suggestion mainly because it's such an easy swap to make - Hook & Roynon are very similar standard of rider, so whoever is at 5 & the other at 3 or 4 should have little to no bearing on the teams performance. Plus Edinburgh only had 3 riders who were going to be in heat 15 so he had a two thirds chance of getting 3 on the trot?

Did putting Jacob in heat 14 have a bearing on the teams performance? Maybe Adam prefers riding at 3 or 4? 

It’s a bit unfair to insinuate that Scott didn’t pay attention, I’m sure a lot more thought goes into it than you think.

I personally like having Adam at number 4. Once Alex comes back he's more than capable of being the third heatleader and it means heat 13 is Clegg and Hook, 14 has Roynon and heat 15 will be 2 of them 3 named... Such a strong end to the meeting... Personally I would put Dayle wood at number 2 though, have Mickie as the senior reserve and Kyran at 7, Kyran is out of his depth in the main body, particularly away, but scores at number 7 alright, whereas I think Dayle would be slightly better at number 2, and Mickie is still a strong number 6

1. Max Clegg

2. Dayle Wood

3. Alex Spooner

4. Adam Roynon

5. Jack Hook

6. Mickie Simpson

7. Kyran Lyden

45 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

I personally like having Adam at number 4. Once Alex comes back he's more than capable of being the third heatleader and it means heat 13 is Clegg and Hook, 14 has Roynon and heat 15 will be 2 of them 3 named... Such a strong end to the meeting... Personally I would put Dayle wood at number 2 though, have Mickie as the senior reserve and Kyran at 7, Kyran is out of his depth in the main body, particularly away, but scores at number 7 alright, whereas I think Dayle would be slightly better at number 2, and Mickie is still a strong number 6

1. Max Clegg

2. Dayle Wood

3. Alex Spooner

4. Adam Roynon

5. Jack Hook

6. Mickie Simpson

7. Kyran Lyden

Lyden has to be at number 2 as his average is 3.50. If all three riders (Lyden, Wood and Simpson) were on 3.00 it would have to be Simpson in the 1-5 owing to him previously having a higher average than the other two.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GM95 said:

Did putting Jacob in heat 14 have a bearing on the teams performance? Maybe Adam prefers riding at 3 or 4? 

It’s a bit unfair to insinuate that Scott didn’t pay attention, I’m sure a lot more thought goes into it than you think.

Nothing against the Edinburgh team manager, but I doubt think much attention is paid by any team manager in any league regarding the riding order. 99% of them pick the same riding order every match, regardless of opposition / track etc.

I'm sure Adam does prefer riding at 3 or 4 (easier rides - more money) but team should be built to suit them not Adam - obviously it's possible the team manager agrees with Adam.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Lyden has to be at number 2 as his average is 3.50. If all three riders (Lyden, Wood and Simpson) were on 3.00 it would have to be Simpson in the 1-5 owing to him previously having a higher average than the other two.

Ah my bad, I thought all of them were on a 3.00 average, I normally check these things. Also I didn't expect Lyden to be above a 3.00 at all, fair play.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Ah my bad, I thought all of them were on a 3.00 average, I normally check these things. Also I didn't expect Lyden to be above a 3.00 at all, fair play.

The only reason i know is because i was questioning how they lined up and was equally surprised. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sings4Speedway said:

The only reason i know is because i was questioning how they lined up and was equally surprised. 

If I was at home on my laptop, I would have checked but the speedway gb website on mobile is a pain in the ars e at times... I have seen Kyran many times ride at Redcar in the 2nd half meetings, and no way did I think he was ready for the NL... But he's got himself a 3.50 average so I guess he must be scoring something at least...

On 9/15/2023 at 7:22 PM, Loyal hammer said:

Does anyone know if the Millar brothers are still riding? I haven't seen Lewis or Gregor named in any of the national junior league results.

No, as their absence suggests, they have finished with speedway and just enjoying life.