British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil The Ace

Sheffield -V- Belle Vue 23rd March

Mulford definitely has something about him.

3 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Tonight's match will count for the April averages (up to & Inc Mar 23rd) so unless Blodorn has an awful match, Lidsey is almost certain to drop to reserve for April!

57 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Am I missing something, how can that happen when Brennan on 4.40

British reductions are only used to start the season, from now Brennan will use his rolling ave. This is how it has been done with the 2.5% reductions, so logically must be the same for 25% reductions.

19 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Mulford did well,,, thought he would be very outclassed looking at the other riders on display. 

Just now, Bagpuss said:

Mulford definitely has something about him.

Totally agree thought he would struggle, very impressed with his score.

59 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Happy with that result, Bewley and Brennan can do lot better. 
Confident of aggregate bonus on Monday.

Totally agree, although Sheffield are a good side, Belle Vue are something special at home.

Good meeting in the end after a bit of a processional start, not helped by a shower just before start time. Tigers just about deserved the win and Musielak was man of the match.

For the Aces fans who didn't make it - Bewley was far better than his score suggested and there was no way back for him in Heat 1 when he missed the gate. Kurtz was his usual self - several brilliant rides and a couple of duff ones. 

Wright looked sharp and will have a good season if he stays fit. Very impressed with my first look at Lidsey - tidy rider and pretty quick. Brennan will be fine and Blodorn is going to add another point and a half to his average I reckon. I was also very impressed with Mulford who rode brilliantly in heat 8 and didn't make a mistake in the four laps.

Play off certainties for me.

See you Monday, weather permitting.

• Like 3

Good to get the meeting on and a decent crowd. Classic first meeting of the season both teams abit rusty,

Holder and Musielak were bang at it, as were Kurtz and Wright. Bewley will be disappointed with his points as he was defo on the pace. Ellis did well to score 5 his bikes just weren’t at it seemed to be well down on power hopefully sorts them issues out quicky. 
Bellego will be solid for Sheffield, would have won heat 8 if Gilkes didn’t block his run coming off bend 2. Blodorn had a quiet night and Brennan just never seems to mix it with the big boys when it comes to it. 
Both teams will be happy enough, can’t see BV struggling to earn the bonus point as 6 points just isn’t enough 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

British reductions are only used to start the season, from now Brennan will use his rolling ave. This is how it has been done with the 2.5% reductions, so logically must be the same for 25% reductions.

That would mean Lidsey at reserve Monday. 

2 hours ago, Byker Biker said:

If only they'd had Robert ..... oops!

Ringer Rob :-)

Good meeting to start the season .Heat 11 for me the race of the night watching Dan try everything to get past Tobi who covered every move helping to protect Lewis Kerr up front and shaking hands after good stuff.Ellis looked looked down on power being past by both Kurtz and Lidsey who both then pulled away easily ,leaving him well behind .Mulford good ride in heat 8 took advantage of a mix up on the 1st bend got in front and didn’t put a foot wrong with bellego chasing hard.I think Belle Vue s title hopes rest on Kurtz. He goes well all season and I think he will pull the others along .Dan Bewleys score looks worse than it was .Apart from the 1st heat when he missed the start and got filled in he was definitely on the pace .For Sheffield solid home display Holder and Tobi leading the way, Bellego is good to have in heat 1.Howarth good hard ride with Kurtz going into bend 3 .Ellis did well to say he looked slow .Kerr is very handy to have at 6 especially at home .Gilkes had a good opening race battle with Mulford and hopefully should settle in .Good meeting some good hard racing and all riders go home safe .I enjoyed it even though I was stood with some Belle Vue supporters who yelled a lot blew bloody whistle s and made too much noise (only kidding hope they all got home safely)

• Like 2

I think it was a fair result with both teams going for it. Some good racing considering the snow and rain we’ve had recently. Tobi was class. Meeting took just over an hour to complete so it proves it can be done when there’s no incidents. Don’t think we’ve done enough to get the bonus point but it’s early season so no need to panic. Well done to all the riders for getting on with it and putting on a good show. 

• Like 1

The match was over by 8.45 - I was home in time to watch most of the second half of the England match on telly. Will we get a proportional reduction in admission prices for shortened entertainment value? I've known a frame of snooker at the Crucible last longer! (not complaining really!)

• Haha 1

Start on time & no interval!

Stadium owners must have missed the chance to make a bit of money!

Normally a 9.45 finish!

Very good match to start the season I thought. Second half of the meeting was very good. Some fast close action and passes. 

a fair result that shows both teams will be there come the end. 

credit to Sheffield as a club for running the meeting so quick. 

everybody would of gone home happy 

Edited by Phil The Ace
  • Like 4

This thread is far too friendly and pleasant :D

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2