British Speedway Forum
orion

Speedway Betting 2023

Sheffield v Kings Lynn

A few plays in this meeting as I think Sheffields recent run of away meetings that have been below standard have lead to BET365 underestimating them. Ok the rumoured changes at KL may fire them up or demoralise a few but still think the Tigers will run out 52-38 winners of this meeting, so taking the -12 H'cap. Bellego is a completely different rider around Sheffield to the rest of the UK and expect him to fill his boots tonight so taking the over 7, he's averaging 9 points at home this season and was paid 11 from 4 rides the last time Lynn where in town and I havent seen much to suggest Lynn are a much better side than they where 7 weeks ago, OK the addition of Douglas should make them a little more competitive. Jack Holder -4 over Klindt, 99% certain Jack will be taking 5 rides and I dont see Klindt scoring 8 or more. Pickering over Lewis Kerr off scratch, a bit of a risk, but if Josh isnt suffering too much with recent injuries then i can easily see him picking up 7 rides and should be able to outscore Lewis if he does have all 7.

Also done Sheffield - 8 at Heat 8 as I think they will be rooming away with it early on 

Ipswich v Leicester

Just the 3 plays as i think 365 have it pretty much spot on for the H'cap of a Witches win by 6.

Emil over Fricke, Ok Max could be having 6 rides, but still only see him getting 12 max, apart from Doyley I dont see anyone beating Emil over the line.

Allen over Hume, Can see Danyon winning heat 2 but then dont see where he picks up another point, sure Jake can pick up 4 3rd places

Sedgman over Rew, just due to the fact Justin will get 5 rides

Edited by Heathcote

Think this will be closer than what 365 are predicting so will be backing Wolves at +10 on the handicap and also at +4 after heat 8

The spreads seem pretty much spot on to me for the individual scores etc, but will be backing Zach Cook to outscore Paco

From the GP Qualifiers a few bets of interest,

Holder over 12 and Ellis under 9

Doyle over 13, barring EF i cant see anyone in this field getting close enough to prevent a 15pt max, so obvioulsy Doyle over Pawlicki is also a bet.

Bomber over 8, as well as Norrick over Smolinski

JUSTIN SEDGMEN Over 4 @ 5/6 (In-form rider who has scored 5 or more in all 8 of his meetings for Leicester this season)

WOLVES -8 & The Hcap Tie @ 10/11 & 8/1 (Wolves are just brilliant around Monmore to a point where it's difficult for anyone to get close to them)

Edited by TTT

1 hour ago, TTT said:

JUSTIN SEDGMEN Over 4 @ 5/6 (In-form rider who has scored 5 or more in all 8 of his meetings for Leicester this season)

Where you seeing this?? My 365 is showing no markets at all for the Peterboro fixture?

16 minutes ago, Heathcote said:

Where you seeing this?? My 365 is showing no markets at all for the Peterboro fixture?

Odds are now back up, Sedgy is 8./11 now though.

They took them down for a while for some reason.

Yes I see them now cheers

Does anyone know if there is a late change to the Leicester team...like Lawson decided hes not fit??  As i cannot believe the price on Leicester? +4 on the Hcap and 2/1 to just win the meeting? A bit reluctant to pile in on those if a rider suddenly not at the track

20 minutes ago, Heathcote said:

Peterborough odds just gone up Sedgmen 8/11 over 4

Wolves v Belle Vue

Wolves should run out comfortable winners of this i think, around the 52-38 mark, so definitely backing Wolves at -8

Ryan Douglas over 7 and Douglas to outscore Charles are also plays. A bit of a gamble as Becker could keep finishing ahead of Ryan, just thinking after injury and a lot tighter track than what he rode on the continent saturday and at the NSS this morning could see him struggle a little more hence Dougy taking the heat wins. Charles does ride Monmore well and should generally finish ahead of Jaimon but still think he will struggle to outscore Dougy.

Becker, even if not totally 100% should outscore Jaimon even at -1

Peterboro v Leicester

Well i dont see Peterboro winning this at all, thinking a 4 pt away victory. Basso not been going well, Worrall, depends what mood hes in, Cook will find it a bit harder in the team and MPT, well i havent seen enough from him so far this season to say he can do a number 1's job.  So Leicester to win and also Leicester +4 on the Hcap.

Also Backing Sedgman over 4, MPT under 8, NKI over 8 and also NKI over Morris at -2, Niels should be almost guaranteed at least 5 rides, Whereas Nick will only get the 4

** Not sure if anyone checked, but during last weeks TV meeting on Eurosport, Bet365 had a very large range of in-play markets, so could be a few quid to made once you see how everyone is performing **

Edited by Heathcote

ARTEM LAGUTA UNDER 15 @ 3/4 (Marked on reputation alone, Doesn't have experience on British tracks so he can easily drop points to riders who've got bags of experience on British tracks, Plus who's to say KL will be forced into using a tac sub on the night, If they're not forced into a tac sub then Artem will only need to drop 1 point for the bet to win)

Kings Lynn v Sheffield

Think Sheffield will just edge this meeting, but will be too close for me to take on the handicap, but an away victory of 47-43/48-42.

I will be backing KL at +6 after heat 8 though as i just dont see how Sheffield build an 8 point lead in the first few races barring EF's or both Jakobsen and Morris having nightmares

Howarth at -2 over Kye Thomsen should land, 6 rides vs a potential 3 without scoring. Also Tobiasz over 9, double figures every time he has been there and I don't see how anyone else suddenly forces him and Jack out of heat 15. Laguta under 15 also, personally i dont think the Stars will require a tac sub so Artem will be restricted to just 5 rides, yes he could go through the card but worth a bet that he wont. Also having Jakobsen to score over 5

Ipswich v Wolves

I think Ipswich will win by 8-10 points so will be taking the -4 h'cap bet on, Im also taking the heat 8 h'cap as well as suddenly the Witches are +2 at that point?? Not exactly sure why 365 think the Witches will start poorly but still win, but hey im game to take that bet. Also backing Rory under 7, Highest score this season away from Monmore is 5 points

Edited by Heathcote