British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Arch Stanton

Leicester vs Ipswich KOC 30th March

13 hours ago, FishersGate said:

To be fair Morris is a good as anyone at Leicester . Track record holder and I can't remember him ever being passed last season at Leicester. Think bomber is the one that may need a little support hence why Lawson is at 3.

Yep exactly,if that was the riding order of ipswich, lions look good,shame it’s off  as I was looking forward to the first meeting lions giving them witches a lesson to shut some of these forum warriors up

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Due to be a item on East Midlands Today this evening. Fingers crossed a big football story doesn't break and wipe it out

(When I say "big football story" I include something like Notts County signing some unknown Peruvian)

Edited by Big Al
Forgot

5 minutes ago, Big Al said:

Due to be a item on East Midlands Today this evening. Fingers crossed a big football story doesn't break and wipe it out

(When I say "big football story" I include something like Notts County signing some unknown Peruvian)

I'll have you know, he scored a hat trick in his last outing in the  Peruvian Premier League. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

I'd like to see the track now..it's beautiful where I am

It is not about now but the last 24/48/72 hours has done to the track(softened up too much) & getting the heavy vehicles on to prepare it rather than it is too soft & they rip it up like a ploughed field.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

It is not about now but the last 24/48/72 hours has done to the track(softened up too much) & getting the heavy vehicles on to prepare it rather than it is too soft & they rip it up like a ploughed field.

So if it rains heavily like it has before every meeting is basically off then? Like before the play off final last season? What was the drainage for? Will that be more effective in the summer for light rain? 

47 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

So if it rains heavily like it has before every meeting is basically off then? Like before the play off final last season? What was the drainage for? Will that be more effective in the summer for light rain? 

More like the ground hasn't dried out enough from autumn and winter yet, so it's softer at this time of year anyway, but this year it's worse than usual. Plus, at present the temperature drops steeply once the sun has gone and that produces dangerous track surfaces as moisture rises to the surface - like it was at Swindon a few years ago when Martin Vaculik had his early season crash. Once the ground is generally more dry as the weather (we hope) warms, rainfall should be less of a problem unless it's torrential of course. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FishersGate said:

We are talking about the weather at the end of March, beginning of April. Give it time with a bit more sun & wind about with favourable forecasts & there will not be the need to postpone meetings early.

28 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

We are talking about the weather at the end of March, beginning of April. Give it time with a bit more sun & wind about with favourable forecasts & there will not be the need to postpone meetings early.

Like at Scunthorpe last summer?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

Should run the sport May to September 

January was great here, no rain at all and not cold. It can rain any time of year, rubbish happens. 

Don't know how true this but been told that the drainage has failed and isn't working properly? Is this true ?

8 hours ago, FishersGate said:

Don't know how true this but been told that the drainage has failed and isn't working properly? Is this true ?

It not true, there is your answer. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

You do know what day it is today, don't you?

Yes well aware of the date, that's why I left it so long to reply, post like that can be very damaging to clubs, 

• Like 1