British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
allthegearbutnaeidea

Redcar v Berwick KO Cup 31/3/23

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

How’s the weather looking please

Sunny Redcar 

• Thanks 1

was going to stream it but will not let me join thanks a bunch must not want my money

I was quite close with my prediction. Rory did well, definitely not rusty! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Against a 6 man team

Don't know if you meant that as a negative comment towards Berwick, but Edwards taking Mulford's rides is the equivalent of Berwick racing a team above the points limit!

• Like 3

Solid team display with the second strings chipping in with points and Edwards riding like a man possessed until he (understandably) tired towards the end.

Scary looking crash for Mulford in Heat 2, ploughing into the fence at high speed and fortunate it wasn’t more serious.

Bandits looked short on practice and it didn’t bode well when Flint took a tumble on his practice lap. Schlein was excellent and Jorgensen had flashes but not much else. 

Not a lot of good races on a slick track but given the recent weather just glad to have some speedway to watch.

2 hours ago, col69 said:

was going to stream it but will not let me join thanks a bunch must not want my money

Joined today no problem.

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Joined today no problem.

So did I ,and streamed a few last season no problems and at least now don't have to watch all the tractor racing 

3 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Solid team display with the second strings chipping in with points and Edwards riding like a man possessed until he (understandably) tired towards the end.

Scary looking crash for Mulford in Heat 2, ploughing into the fence at high speed and fortunate it wasn’t more serious.

Bandits looked short on practice and it didn’t bode well when Flint took a tumble on his practice lap. Schlein was excellent and Jorgensen had flashes but not much else. 

Not a lot of good races on a slick track but given the recent weather just glad to have some speedway to watch.

Missed the parade did Flint fall in that.Thought it was maybe at the Berwick Press and Practice.Rory looked sharp(his kindof track,slick and dry )TJ and Jonas put in a good show.

8 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Missed the parade did Flint fall in that.Thought it was maybe at the Berwick Press and Practice.Rory looked sharp(his kindof track,slick and dry )TJ and Jonas put in a good show.

He fell off on the practice lap they do a few minutes before the parade. Didn’t see him come off but he was limping and being attended to by the paramedics for a few minutes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Not sure if it is a league ride thing, but so far this season both teams have had a couple of minutes of practice laps before the parade at Redcar. Did not see it myself either but that's when Flint came off, looked pretty painful. 

Fairly run of the mill meeting in the end, slick track (understandably) meant gating at a premium. Schlein impressed with soms good gating and hard first bends. 

Edwards was excellent with Hume and Bailey also looking decent

• Like 1

Did Riss touch the tapes with his wheel,looked like it was just his helmet peak,though you didn’t get excluded for that offence.Watch Polish match last night and think Woryna done the same and wasn’t excluded.

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Did Riss touch the tapes with his wheel,looked like it was just his helmet peak,though you didn’t get excluded for that offence.Watch Polish match last night and think Woryna done the same and wasn’t excluded.

Could the ref not just exclude the rider for "delaying the start" in that instance?

Edited by szkocjasid