British Speedway Forum
Badge

Witches v Lions 6th April

2 hours ago, Spiderman1 said:

Are the lions missing fricke Lawson and Allen?

Why?

1 hour ago, SSL84 said:

Why?

I believe he is saying that Fricke, Lawson and Allen riding will ensure a score higher than 36, I think still sticking by 49-41 

7 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

I believe he is saying that Fricke, Lawson and Allen riding will ensure a score higher than 36, I think still sticking by 49-41 

Time will tell gents,should be a ball tearer in more ways than one 

13 minutes ago, Spiderman1 said:

Time will tell gents,should be a ball tearer in more ways than one 

I'm going for a bit of snooze fest on a preety damp track,,, although that's often when Foxhall is at its best,,,, but normally early season meetings are nothing but park and go

How's the weather looking I'm thinking of coming up from London for the meeting

7 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

How's the weather looking I'm thinking of coming up from London for the meeting

I am 6 miles north of Ipswich.

It rained overnight but stopped about 8ish, however it’s not really drying up.

It’s currently cloudy and I wouldn’t be surprised if there are some showers.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

I would expect it to be 36 or 41 irrespective of whether Allen is riding or not - can't see why people rate him him: inconsistent and injury prone.

Ex Lions riders to help give their former club a right old spanking on their return to the top league tonight 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

I would expect it to be 36 or 41 irrespective of whether Allen is riding or not - can't see why people rate him him: inconsistent and injury prone.

Speedway fans amaze me, not every rider can score 15 point maximums every meeting so in a sport where riders must score 3,2,1,0 you are going to have a lot of different riders at different levels.

Jake Allen - injury prone? Isn't injury prone where a rider is regularly on the sidelines or has multiple injuries season in season out?  he struggled last season with a broken scaphoid, one of the worst injuries to have while operating a speedway bike, his average as a result suffered as he is not allowed to work in the UK, he only has a racing VISA, so if you were in this position you'd ride injured to try and earn some money?

Inconsistent?

Prem Average Champ Average
2022 n/a 6.3
2021 4.8 7.72
2019 5.56 7.33
2018 4.59 7.37
2017 4.99 7.45
2016 n/a

Championship average slightly up and down between 2017 - 2021,  again 2022 season with injury saw an average drop.

As for Premiership, between 2017-2019 wasn't bad, 2021 was a difficult season and last season didn't really have a proper team place

Why do "some" rate him?  like most speedway riders through the years, they could do better or progress more in the sport with better backing or better machinery etc. As we see week in week out Doyle is mustard around Foxhall, remember in 2019 season Jake beating Doyle around Foxhall when riding at no.6

Think with the right support and some luck avoiding injuries he could get back to that 5.5/6 average this season, certainly for me has the beating of Hume & both Thompson twins around Foxhall, and potentially Rew too, so expect him to take 6/7 rides tonight

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

Speedway fans amaze me, not every rider can score 15 point maximums every meeting so in a sport where riders must score 3,2,1,0 you are going to have a lot of different riders at different levels.

Jake Allen - injury prone? Isn't injury prone where a rider is regularly on the sidelines or has multiple injuries season in season out?  he struggled last season with a broken scaphoid, one of the worst injuries to have while operating a speedway bike, his average as a result suffered as he is not allowed to work in the UK, he only has a racing VISA, so if you were in this position you'd ride injured to try and earn some money?

Inconsistent?

Prem Average Champ Average
2022 n/a 6.3
2021 4.8 7.72
2019 5.56 7.33
2018 4.59 7.37
2017 4.99 7.45
2016 n/a

Championship average slightly up and down between 2017 - 2021,  again 2022 season with injury saw an average drop.

As for Premiership, between 2017-2019 wasn't bad, 2021 was a difficult season and last season didn't really have a proper team place

Why do "some" rate him?  like most speedway riders through the years, they could do better or progress more in the sport with better backing or better machinery etc. As we see week in week out Doyle is mustard around Foxhall, remember in 2019 season Jake beating Doyle around Foxhall when riding at no.6

Think with the right support and some luck avoiding injuries he could get back to that 5.5/6 average this season, certainly for me has the beating of Hume & both Thompson twins around Foxhall, and potentially Rew too, so expect him to take 6/7 rides tonight

To take 6 or 7 rides, he's have to replace Sedgmen & one of the top 4 (or go in heat 15). Even if he rides well 5 rides is the most he will get imo

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

To take 6 or 7 rides, he's have to replace Sedgmen & one of the top 4 (or go in heat 15). Even if he rides well 5 rides is the most he will get imo

Yes my mistake I meant 5 or 6 rides, can see him coming in to take one of Thompsons rides maybe if they do a reserve switch

And the only additional ride potentially would be for Sedgmen but i fully expect Sedgmen to have a good meeting, maybe the only other options will be via some form of tape infringement etc.