British Speedway Forum
rearingtogo

Phil Morris CEO of British Speedway.

1 hour ago, arnieg said:

From Bowen Pies to Celina Liebmann - now that's wide ranging.

Best bit was the skewering of Clark Osbourne. It never hurts to make your opponents out to to be duplicitous two-faced liars. 

It helps a lot when they are duplicitous two-faced liars, though.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Grand Central said:

It seems to have become a fact of the modern world that in all walks of life, at all levels it has been increasingly rare to ever come across a person in a job who is seriously impressing.
A depressing fact as well.

That changed a lot today for me.
Phil Morris really really impressed me.
British Speedway. World Speedway is very lucky to have him.

Nothing will change Central.

Just watched that video of Phil Morris today at the Coventry Stadium planning inquiry and came on here to see if anyone has said anything. I am pleased I am not the first person to be thanking Phil and praising him for what a great job he did. He made a really good case for the sport and considering he gets a lot of stick I think he did an excellent job and provided what can hopefully be a useful contribution. Good to see some people are still fighting for the sport. 

On a separate note interesting he mentioned a possible new club for next year.... ?! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Colinspeedway said:

Just watched that video of Phil Morris today at the Coventry Stadium planning inquiry and came on here to see if anyone has said anything. I am pleased I am not the first person to be thanking Phil and praising him for what a great job he did. He made a really good case for the sport and considering he gets a lot of stick I think he did an excellent job and provided what can hopefully be a useful contribution. Good to see some people are still fighting for the sport. 

On a separate note interesting he mentioned a possible new club for next year.... ?! 

Bradford :party:

2 hours ago, Grand Central said:

It seems to have become a fact of the modern world that in all walks of life, at all levels it has been increasingly rare to ever come across a person in a job who is seriously impressing.
A depressing fact as well.

That changed a lot today for me.
Phil Morris really really impressed me.
British Speedway. World Speedway is very lucky to have him.

Not so sure his repeated "can't give you details due to confidentiality" was very helpful. It's supposed to be a public inquiry.  Surely this should be in the public domain.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, R87 said:

Not so sure his repeated "can't give you details due to confidentiality" was very helpful. It's supposed to be a public inquiry.  Surely this should be in the public domain.

It's not his business to report on the confidential commercial activities of other businesses. Imagine he was airing your companies details/activities. Those that were happy to share (CVS) was there to do so, and credit to him for doing that

Edited by iainb
  • Like 2

Im not a fan of Phil Morris but he certainly did a pretty decent job in that meeting of standing up for speedway.  Surprised he forgot Glasgow as one of the clubs who own their stadium.....

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, arnieg said:

Best bit was the skewering of Clark Osbourne. It never hurts to make your opponents out to to be duplicitous two-faced liars. 

"Clark Osbourne says Speedway is a dying sport, so why is he a director of a company trying to build a new stadium in Swindon?"   

What a stroke of genius to use Osbourne's lies against him.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

"Clark Osbourne says Speedway is a dying sport, so why is he a director of a company trying to build a new stadium in Swindon?"   

What a stroke of genius to use Osbourne's lies against him.

Well he's certainly contributed to that over the years!

• Like 1

I watched it too and was massively impressed by his account of the state of British speedway and where it's destined to go.

The Goat Toat chap came across as someone I wouldn't want to spend a great deal of time with.

2 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

Thought CVS spoke very well too.

When she asked him to spell his name I was waiting on him going C-H-R-I-S…..lol

• Haha 3

Hi Guys..anyone got a link to the Morris speech please .